Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:06:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Look at these articles about the "homophobic" lyrics in Rap God

http://music-mix.ew.com...

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Wtf is up with this hypersensitivity? He says "faggot" once and "gay" 2-3 times. Comparatively, this is one of Eminem's cleaner songs.

I remember listening to music a few years ago by prominent artists that used "faggot" and "gay" every second word, and nobody batted an eyelid. And now, people are pissed because of this song?

Modern society sucks.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:09:36 PM
When I first heard the song I knew that people would get angry that he says f@gs, but not that he repeats the line that was censored on the first MMLP where he says:

"Like that one line I said on "I'm Back" from the Mathers LP1
Where I tried to say I take seven kids from Columbine
Put 'em all in a line, add an AK-47, a revolver and a nine
See if I get away with it now that I ain't as big as I was"

That's WAY more offensive than saying a few homophobic slurs. It's part of the rap game to offend.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:10:45 PM
Awesome song btw. I thought he was losing it for sure, but this song gave me hope
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:16:01 PM
Also, I doubt he actually means "fags" as in gay people. It's meant as a derogatory term that was originally associated with homosexuality but has taken up a completely new meaning- languages evolve.

I seriously doubt that when kids say "that's gay," they are actually making a reference to homosexuality.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:16:48 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:06:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Wtf is up with this hypersensitivity? He says "faggot" once and "gay" 2-3 times. Comparatively, this is one of Eminem's cleaner songs.

I remember listening to music a few years ago by prominent artists that used "faggot" and "gay" every second word, and nobody batted an eyelid. And now, people are pissed because of this song?

Modern society sucks.

"faggot" = a bundle of sticks...
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:16:56 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:10:45 PM, thett3 wrote:
Awesome song btw. I thought he was losing it for sure, but this song gave me hope

Dat. Some of his more recent stuff hasn't been that great. Recovery, though, is probably one of his best albums.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:17:27 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:16:48 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Modern society sucks.

"faggot" = a bundle of sticks...

Yeah.... no. Languages evolve; we aren't living in 19th England.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:18:55 PM
Also, anybody know who's singing the first part of the chorus (not song).?

The "I'm a rap god, rap god" part. No way that's Eminem.
anomalous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:19:23 PM
I've always thought of Em (can I call him Em? Is that like, reserved for his buds? Anyway...) as an album artist, rather than a single artist. I was losing faith until I heard this song and about 4.20 in he does this crazy fast rapping, faster than anything he's done before. I mean, my favourite songs of his are ones that never came out as singles.
Also, his new videos are so damn badly edited. ARGH! What is with this 10 cuts a second trend in music videos? I can't even tell what's going on half the time. I like single cut videos and Beyonce's Single Ladies always comes to mind.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:19:49 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:16:56 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 10/17/2013 6:10:45 PM, thett3 wrote:

Dat. Some of his more recent stuff hasn't been that great. Recovery, though, is probably one of his best albums.

I liked Recovery especially in context...it wasn't as funny or offensive as his other albums because it was about his, well, Recovery. Encore and Relapse I just can't get myself to like generally. I can't imagine being an Eminem fan back then and getting Encore right after The Eminem Show.

But yeah, Rap God is one of my favorite Eminem songs now.

Here's the song for those interested in listening to it:
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:21:41 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:19:23 PM, anomalous wrote:
I've always thought of Em (can I call him Em? Is that like, reserved for his buds? Anyway...) as an album artist, rather than a single artist. I was losing faith until I heard this song and about 4.20 in he does this crazy fast rapping, faster than anything he's done before. I mean, my favourite songs of his are ones that never came out as singles.

Yes! Agreed, although his newest single is great. That verse at 4:20 is just ridiculous. The end of every other rappers career lol

Also, his new videos are so damn badly edited. ARGH! What is with this 10 cuts a second trend in music videos? I can't even tell what's going on half the time. I like single cut videos and Beyonce's Single Ladies always comes to mind.

Lol I rarely watch music videos but I watched the one for Bezerk and thought it was pretty stupid
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:29:25 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:21:41 PM, thett3 wrote:

Yes! Agreed, although his newest single is great. That verse at 4:20 is just ridiculous. The end of every other rappers career lol

While it's impressive, Busta made a career of constantly rapping that fast.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:33:19 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:29:25 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 10/17/2013 6:21:41 PM, thett3 wrote:

While it's impressive, Busta made a career of constantly rapping that fast.

Yeah I wasn't being serious.

LK, did you see this...really stupid quote from the first article you linked?

"He"s been getting in trouble for his harsh homophobic imagery for more than a decade now, and it seems not much will change this fall when MMLP2 drops. But other things have changed " namely, the state of hip-hop and its newfound determination to be gay-friendly. Many have pointed to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis" marriage-equality anthem "Same Love" as the model for new rap, a genre that has a place for the Frank Oceans of the world. A genre, some say, that shouldn"t have room for the Eminems of the world."

Lol a genre that doesn't have room for the "Eminems of the world"...so every person not afraid to offend?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:36:33 PM
Funnily enough, nobody throws their shit when somebody says "nigga," black or white.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 4:11:33 PM
At 10/17/2013 6:36:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Funnily enough, nobody throws their shit when somebody says "nigga," black or white.

Exactly, thats how you solve the problem. Just stop talking about and get on with your life and expect that some people will say what they want.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 4:12:22 PM
At 10/18/2013 4:11:33 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/17/2013 6:36:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Exactly, thats how you solve the problem. Just stop talking about and get on with your life and expect that some people will say what they want.

*except
NotReallySmart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:24:18 AM
Hello ninja relative above /\
|

Check out rap god on rap genius, its all in yellow !
Here's a link http://rapgenius.com...

What I find amazing about 4:20 is not how fast he raps, but his enunciation. You can actually hear the words, they aren't just slurs.
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 9:49:40 AM
I think the negative concoction was because of the way gay was used, rather than the word itself. Raps ARE supposed to be insults, but the fact he used gay as an insult was pretty homophobic.

Although I loved the rest of the rap, so I ignored it- but that's like, blatant homophobic rant there. Like how else can you explain "Little gay-looking boy / So gay I can barely say it with a straight face-looking boy / You witnessing massacre like you watching a church gathering taking place-looking boy / "Oy vey, that boy"s gay," that"s all they say looking-boy "?

The second one is still digestible, mostly because I don't correlate f@ggot with gays.

Awesome rap, nevertheless.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 11:11:45 AM
At 10/19/2013 9:49:40 AM, Cermank wrote:
I think the negative concoction was because of the way gay was used, rather than the word itself. Raps ARE supposed to be insults, but the fact he used gay as an insult was pretty homophobic.

Although I loved the rest of the rap, so I ignored it- but that's like, blatant homophobic rant there. Like how else can you explain "Little gay-looking boy / So gay I can barely say it with a straight face-looking boy / You witnessing massacre like you watching a church gathering taking place-looking boy / "Oy vey, that boy"s gay," that"s all they say looking-boy "?

It is pretty homophobic although he's also calling out so called "rappers" who make every line end with the same words. Specifically this song..

The second one is still digestible, mostly because I don't correlate f@ggot with gays.

Awesome rap, nevertheless.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 12:21:04 PM

Modern society sucks.

Eminem is trying to stay relevant. Same shock and awe nonsense as Miley Cirus.

rofl

One more thing, though... if you take your ethics lessons from Eminem, well, you've got bigger problems than this.
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 12:28:15 PM
At 10/20/2013 12:21:04 PM, YYW wrote:

Modern society sucks.

rofl

One more thing, though... if you take your ethics lessons from Eminem, well, you've got bigger problems than this.

Rappers make excellent psychological case studies, though, I'd say. I'd say there'd be pretty huge value in having a read through a few of their biographies on top of everything you already know about them, their rapping.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 12:31:38 PM

Modern society sucks.

rofl

rofl, indeed.

where did you get that from?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 12:32:24 PM
At 10/20/2013 12:31:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Modern society sucks.

rofl

rofl, indeed.

where did you get that from?

That's just what I think...
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 12:41:39 PM

Modern society sucks.

rofl

Even Eminem himself is afraid ;)
http://www.theonion.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 12:44:07 PM
At 10/20/2013 12:41:39 PM, thett3 wrote:

Modern society sucks.

rofl

Eminem's music reaches his audience (white, suburban middle class adolescent males) where they are. It does not compel them to act like they ought to act.

lol
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:58:47 PM
At 10/20/2013 12:44:07 PM, YYW wrote:

Modern society sucks.

rofl

Eminem's music reaches his audience (white, suburban middle class adolescent males) where they are. It does not compel them to act like they ought to act.

lol

The Fool: No,. Eminem is pretty respected, as a rapper, even by the black community. Honestly, he's pretty much, one of the best, there's been. At least top five for sure.

I don't think Eminem, himself. Really cares or thinks better or worse about the political issues in relation homosexuals.

It's more of just kind of slangy, figure of speech, which is ingrained in urban culture and hip-hop. Hip-hop borne out of an aggressive masculine expression. And most of it, is particularly to insulting and bragging. Insofar as homosexuality, has a feminine connotation it is an intuitive and at best metaphorical insult to, rappers.

Ideologies, are just using it as leverage, and trying to put themselves in between his words, and themselves, too, use it as a kind "look he's being bad to us."
Aww were all just helpless sufferers from his words. Help.. we are being raped by words. Oh no.

I mean, he goes out of his way to say the most ridiculous exaggerated things on purpose because he knows how dumb people will be, to take it seriously. That's his angle, and that's always been his angle, and you're still falling for it.

Obviously, it is used for publicity and to sell records, I mean it's common sense, but that's the kind of inside gag, is that he knows it that, nor does he deny it. And he is laughing all the way to the bank, at the fact that people's hate, towards him, motivates him, and is what gets him paid.

The hate fueled ideologists, are even going out of their way, to try to put themselves in between his words and them to give the impression that he actually cares at all, about what's going on with actual homosexuals. And that's the joke.

I mean you do know where that article comes from, just follow the link? LOL
<(8D)

But as for relevant, he's pretty much, still a very same spot, is his album is just as big as anyone he has had. , in fact it's better than a few of his previous ones, which was still pretty big.

Eminem, is just being the same Eminem, that he's always been. And is just as good.
I mean you couldn't asked for a better hip hop career.

<(8D)

Like you actually take this seriously., They are putting it in "Big words", and flashing in your face, on purpose to get a reaction out of you. How obvious does it have to get.

No offense it's hilarious.

>---You fly kites daily. <----
Lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 10:35:20 PM
At 10/21/2013 9:58:47 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 10/20/2013 12:44:07 PM, YYW wrote:

Modern society sucks.

rofl

lol

The Fool: No,. Eminem is pretty respected, as a rapper, even by the black community. Honestly, he's pretty much, one of the best, there's been. At least top five for sure.

That he is in the top five best of all time, if not the top three, I will agree with. But that doesn't change the fact that he's trying to remain relevant.

I don't think Eminem, himself. Really cares or thinks better or worse about the political issues in relation homosexuals.

I think he does. Recall his friendship with Elton John. Taking that into consideration, I think his present lyrics are nothing more than his reentry into a new period. Oh, did I mention that Eminem knows his audience? lol

It's more of just kind of slangy, figure of speech, which is ingrained in urban culture and hip-hop.

Yes, the word "f@ggot" is. This is a bit different.

Hip-hop borne out of an aggressive masculine expression. And most of it, is particularly to insulting and bragging. Insofar as homosexuality, has a feminine connotation it is an intuitive and at best metaphorical insult to, rappers.

lol

I appreciate your attempt to vindicate Eminem, but you're not doing an especially good job of it. I think you're also clever enough to recognize the substantive difference between even something like Dre's line from that song he did with Eminem and Skyler Grey that went something to the effect of "now you're 'bout to feel the wrath of aftermath, f@ggots" and this present thing that Eminem is doing.

One only incorporates homophobic slurs to convey a non-bigoted message. But in Eminem's case with the lyrics on which this thread is based, his is an invariably homophobic message. You literally have to ignore reality to say otherwise. I'm not saying that Eminem didn't also mean it in the way you described... I'm saying only that you're unwise to treat the two as mutually exclusive.

Ideologies, are just using it as leverage, and trying to put themselves in between his words, and themselves, too, use it as a kind "look he's being bad to us."

World views, generally, have the same effect.

Aww were all just helpless sufferers from his words. Help.. we are being raped by words. Oh no.

I wasn't saying that. Do you know of people who were? I'm sure there are whiny liberals who would make such a charge, but not non mea culpa.

I mean, he goes out of his way to say the most ridiculous exaggerated things on purpose because he knows how dumb people will be, to take it seriously.

Indeed! And therefore it is most likely only the case that he is trying to remain relevant!

That's his angle, and that's always been his angle, and you're still falling for it.

That I am falling for? What absurdity, especially given that your arguments have thus far only served the function of further buttressing mine.

Obviously, it is used for publicity and to sell records, I mean it's common sense, but that's the kind of inside gag, is that he knows it that, nor does he deny it. And he is laughing all the way to the bank, at the fact that people's hate, towards him, motivates him, and is what gets him paid.

Brilliant! As I said as well, Eminem knows his audience! They'll love it! And then they'll take his side when he is "attacked" by the P.C. lot! -translating to higher sales! Again, quite the marketing strategy where the product is the marketing strategy itself.

It's quite the dialectic.

The hate fueled ideologists,

And his loyal apologists...

are even going out of their way, to try to put themselves in between his words and them to give the impression that he actually cares at all, about what's going on with actual homosexuals. And that's the joke.

Indeed!

I mean you do know where that article comes from, just follow the link? LOL
<(8D)

Yes.

Eminem, is just being the same Eminem, that he's always been. And is just as good.
I mean you couldn't asked for a better hip hop career.

At no point did I say that Eminem ever changed. No, this is now and has always been his method. There is nothing new here, in method at least. Only in content.

lol

Like you actually take this seriously., They are putting it in "Big words", and flashing in your face, on purpose to get a reaction out of you. How obvious does it have to get.

Et tu.
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 11:42:31 PM
At 10/21/2013 10:35:20 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:58:47 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: I can't believe how people don't get it, It's like not getting Borat's.

The whole point is that it's supposed to be "so over the top" that it's stupid.. and that it's funny and entertaining because it's so ridiculously exaggerated. That you have to be really dumb to take it seriously. I mean its called Bad vs Evil, for God sakes..

The irony, is that the people who are getting upset, are the ones who are the most prejudice, as to have claimed so much, and yet heard so little enough to know any better, that he's doing it on purpose, for the very sake of making fun of them, while they then get mad and attack him, creating the publicity stunt, he needs and openly admits, to then help sell his music.

In which he then makes fun of them again, and then says even worse things, songs that are there for the very purpose of being as politically incorrect as it can possibly get away with.

While the people, who do actually listen to him, have heard enough to know better than the others, as to not take it seriously, at all. Do you see the "irony" in this, it's beautiful.

And then when he has everybody's attention, the attention "that matters", the youth, that is, the "next generation", he is now open to say,what he really wants to say, and get across, while the other people are looking stupid, for falling for shock and awe. This is a powerful position, that any ideologist would kill to have, literally, because he's now seen as an insider, to a group who now sees , the others as outsiders, who didn't get past the smokescreen.

And so the only way, to get rid of them is to not complain, or react, at all, because what makes him cool to the youths, is the fact that adults don't like him. For people who are liked by all, become cheesy, plain, mundane, boring to the new generation.

And so in a way, Eminem ends up being their fault..and that's the genius.

The punch line, is if you really take it seriously, your immediate, and deserve to be upset.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 4:35:48 PM
Call me old, but I can't even translate what he raps in to plain english to know whether it is good, bad or indifferent.

Little gay-looking boy / So gay I can barely say it with a straight face-looking boy / You witnessing massacre like you watching a church gathering taking place-looking boy / "Oy vey, that boy"s gay," that"s all they say looking-boy / You take a thumbs up, pat on the back, the way you go from your label every day-looking boy.

How exactly is watching a church gathering a simile with witnessing a massacre? I'm all for creative similes, but that one is a stretch. And why is a gay dude even watching a church gathering? Don't he know that they are not welcome there for the most part?