Jump to topic:

No adult rights vs. a child

Angryattheworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 10:18:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am so tired of not having any rights in the messed up society when it comes to the children in my family.... No matter how much illegal or immoral thing they do!!! You can talk to them until your blue in the face and then as that does not work yell at them until you are red in the face..... You can give them time outs and or hug and tell them a million times I love you so they know how much you do..... You can plead with them not to make the same stupid mistakes that you have made in your life, too be better and have a better future.... And after everything that all of the bleeding hearts of this world have told you has failed you what are you left with..... A child that is MORE disrespectful than they were before the verbal sparing...... Why is this the way of the world now? Kids are more aggressive and more disrespectful to everybody except the people they call friends.... I will tell you why!!!! When I was a child one time and I mean one time only I felt the slap of my mothers hand across my face..... I grew up loved by my parents and they did not abuse me they disciplined me when I needed it and they got mad at me just like you would at a child today, but unlike today they could slap me and my siblings with out having to worry about being arrested or DYFS being called and your kids maybe being taken away from you.... Now I am not talking about abusing a child I am against that as any normal person should be, however I believe that now and again a child needs to feel the sting of a hand as discipline to make them understand that their elders have been there and done that and we only want them to not do the stuff we did and be respectful to others and live a good life!!! I hope one day that this be the way again I am tired of unruly awful little brats ruling this world with the help of the liberal society of today!!!
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 10:40:07 PM
Probably just bad parenting.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Angryattheworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 11:27:32 PM
At 10/17/2013 10:40:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Yeah that is it and bad society full of liberals doing everything they can to screw up the country
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 11:28:08 PM
At 10/17/2013 11:27:32 PM, Angryattheworld wrote:
At 10/17/2013 10:40:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Yeah that is it and bad society full of liberals doing everything they can to screw up the country

k
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 5:28:59 PM
They shouldn't have hit you, that is known to have detrimental effects on a child. You have more rights than the child though, and I know that your parenting skills are limited by law, but if you hate it so much than put the child up for adoption, you have that full right.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 7:02:58 PM
At 10/17/2013 10:18:00 PM, Angryattheworld wrote:
I am so tired of not having any rights in the messed up society when it comes to the children in my family....

Do you want your children to have the right not to be hit?

No matter how much illegal or immoral thing they do!! You can talk to them until your blue in the face and then as that does not work yell at them until you are red in the face..... You can give them time outs

If you give a child a timeout, you aren't respecting their autonomy so you shouldn't expected respect from them.

and or hug and tell them a million times I love you so they know how much you do..... You can plead with them not to make the same stupid mistakes that you have made in your life, too be better and have a better future.... And after everything that all of the bleeding hearts of this world have told you has failed you what are you left with..... A child that is MORE disrespectful than they were before the verbal sparing......

Your children are under no obligation to respect you. Respect is something that you have to earn. "Sparing" with them won't get you that.

Why is this the way of the world now?

It sounds like your kids just don't respect you because of the way you treat them. It has nothing to do with "the world".

Kids are more aggressive and more disrespectful to everybody except the people they call friends....

Where did they learn aggresion from if they aren't aggressive with their friends?

I will tell you why!!!! When I was a child one time and I mean one time only I felt the slap of my mothers hand across my face..... I grew up loved by my parents and they did not abuse me they disciplined me when I needed it and they got mad at me just like you would at a child today, but unlike today they could slap me and my siblings with out having to worry about being arrested or DYFS being called and your kids maybe being taken away from you.... Now I am not talking about abusing

If you slaped your wife, would we be talking about abuse? If you slapped a stranger, would we be talking about abuse? If you slapped anyone other than your child, would we be talking about abuse? Hitting someone is abuse - even if it's a defensily child, it's still abuse.

a child I am against that as any normal person should be, however I believe that now and again a child needs to feel the sting of a hand as discipline to make them understand that their elders have been there and done that and we only want them to not do the stuff we did and be respectful to others and live a good life!!!

This is what men used to say about their wives to justify abusing them. It's the same principle. You're just aggressive and you really really want to hit your kids. You want to abuse your kids. Your no different from a wife-beater. It's just that in modern society, you can say things like "I want to discipline my child by spanking them" and you don't sound like a psycho. What if your wife didn't conform to your expectations and you hit her? You would get a restraining order. But you want to hit your defensless kid for the same reason?

I hope one day that this be the way again I am tired of unruly awful little brats ruling this world with the help of the liberal society of today!!!

A childs behaviour is largely a result of how they are raised. You have to take responsibility for that. You need to develop a relationship with your kids and stop treating them "like children". You're responsible for that relationship, not liberals.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Angryattheworld
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 2:32:05 AM
At 10/18/2013 7:02:58 PM, vbaculum wrote:
I am so tired of not having any rights in the messed up society when it comes to the children in my family....

No matter how much illegal or immoral thing they do!! You can talk to them until your blue in the face and then as that does not work yell at them until you are red in the face..... You can give them time outs

If you give a child a timeout, you aren't respecting their autonomy so you shouldn't expected respect from them.

and or hug and tell them a million times I love you so they know how much you do..... You can plead with them not to make the same stupid mistakes that you have made in your life, too be better and have a better future.... And after everything that all of the bleeding hearts of this world have told you has failed you what are you left with..... A child that is MORE disrespectful than they were before the verbal sparing......

Your children are under no obligation to respect you. Respect is something that you have to earn. "Sparing" with them won't get you that.

It sounds like your kids just don't respect you because of the way you treat them. It has nothing to do with "the world".

Kids are more aggressive and more disrespectful to everybody except the people they call friends....

Where did they learn aggresion from if they aren't aggressive with their friends?

I will tell you why!!!! When I was a child one time and I mean one time only I felt the slap of my mothers hand across my face..... I grew up loved by my parents and they did not abuse me they disciplined me when I needed it and they got mad at me just like you would at a child today, but unlike today they could slap me and my siblings with out having to worry about being arrested or DYFS being called and your kids maybe being taken away from you.... Now I am not talking about abusing

If you slaped your wife, would we be talking about abuse? If you slapped a stranger, would we be talking about abuse? If you slapped anyone other than your child, would we be talking about abuse? Hitting someone is abuse - even if it's a defensily child, it's still abuse.

a child I am against that as any normal person should be, however I believe that now and again a child needs to feel the sting of a hand as discipline to make them understand that their elders have been there and done that and we only want them to not do the stuff we did and be respectful to others and live a good life!!!

This is what men used to say about their wives to justify abusing them. It's the same principle. You're just aggressive and you really really want to hit your kids. You want to abuse your kids. Your no different from a wife-beater. It's just that in modern society, you can say things like "I want to discipline my child by spanking them" and you don't sound like a psycho. What if your wife didn't conform to your expectations and you hit her? You would get a restraining order. But you want to hit your defensless kid for the same reason?

I hope one day that this be the way again I am tired of unruly awful little brats ruling this world with the help of the liberal society of today!!!

A childs behaviour is largely a result of how they are raised. You have to take responsibility for that. You need to develop a relationship with your kids and stop treating them "like children". You're responsible for that relationship, not liberals.

Yes they have the right to not be hit and they have every right to get out too...... You are the type of person I am talking about..... You probably have the annoying little snot nose brats that disturb everybody around no matter where you are and you will let them be little pain's the butts and hug them and tell how much you love them! Big difference between slapping your child once or can't you read either.... and abuse and when did I ever condone or say anything about spousal abuse btw women abuse men as we'll..... And I agree respect should be earned and since today's kids have earned none then we should give them none oh but I was raised right and was taught how to respect people!! So you can go hug a child that is being disrespectful to the world while patting yourself on the back!! But hey thanks for the advice!
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 4:24:55 PM
At 10/19/2013 2:32:05 AM, Angryattheworld wrote:
At 10/18/2013 7:02:58 PM, vbaculum wrote:

Yes they have the right to not be hit and they have every right to get out too...... You are the type of person I am talking about..... You probably have the annoying little snot nose brats that disturb everybody around no matter where you are and you will let them be little pain's the butts and hug them and tell how much you love them!

Actually, yeah. But most of the time he makes people laugh. He's very charming. My wife and I have a real relationship with him so he knows how to interact with adults in a way that makes them laugh. So yeah, sometimes he runs around stores goofing off. He's happy and the people around him are made happy because of him.

Big difference between slapping your child once or can't you read either....

Oh, that's right. Yeah, by all means, set aside some time this week to hit your kid so hard they won't ever fail to satisfy the demands you make on them again. Let me know how that works out for you.

and abuse and when did I ever condone or say anything about spousal abuse

You missed the point. Men in the past felt they needed to discipline their wives when they didn't conform to their expectations. We see this as misogynistic now because it is. What you're suggesting is using violence to force your kids to conform to your expectations. You fail to acknowledge the fact that children are persons too - just like women. Children aren't obliged to conform to your expectations. The are their own persons. You created a person, not a thing. It's your job to raise them well, it's not their job to please you - that's the job of a slave.

btw women abuse men as we'll..... And I agree respect should be earned and since today's kids have earned none then we should give them none

No, you should ask yourself how is it that you've failed to earn the respect of your children. That hurts, doesn't it? That's why you can't think about this rationally.

oh but I was raised right and was taught how to respect people!!

That's doesn't sound very likely...

So you can go hug a child that is being disrespectful to the world while patting yourself on the back!! But hey thanks for the advice!

Again, why do you think the world is owed respect? Why do you think you are owed respect? You haven't earned it and you aren't able to deal with it like an adult.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it