Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Profiting from pain

kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts
omelet
Posts: 416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 11:05:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Black people can sell those same things.

I myself know of a few black drug dealers (as well as white ones). While some drugs are largely harmless (Marijuana), others can cause the user a great deal of pain throughout the course of use.

Nice try bro.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 11:28:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

This is a joke right?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 12:02:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
your thoughts

Number 3 is kind of stupid to say, because there are many, many African war lords who make a lot of profit by selling weapons, or essentially acting as ad-hoc mercenaries.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:20:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 11:05:48 AM, omelet wrote:
Black people can sell those same things.

I myself know of a few black drug dealers (as well as white ones). While some drugs are largely harmless (Marijuana), others can cause the user a great deal of pain throughout the course of use.

Nice try bro.

This isnt made to call anyone out.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:20:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

I fail to see the connection between any of the examples you give and "the white man".

Please explain to me the difference between you (or your friend) making these claims and someone else saying that black folks are intellectually inferior to every other race, because its a KNOWN fact. Because in my opinion, both are textbook examples of racism.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:21:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 12:02:49 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
your thoughts

Number 3 is kind of stupid to say, because there are many, many African war lords who make a lot of profit by selling weapons, or essentially acting as ad-hoc mercenaries.

I understand that there are many African warlords selling weapons, but who do they get the weapons from?
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:22:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 11:28:17 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

This is a joke right?

Don't respond then.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:26:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:20:34 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

I fail to see the connection between any of the examples you give and "the white man".

Please explain to me the difference between you (or your friend) making these claims and someone else saying that black folks are intellectually inferior to every other race, because its a KNOWN fact. Because in my opinion, both are textbook examples of racism.

If you feel as though we are inferior, than so be it. That's just your insecurities saying that. It's easy for people to point out what is lacking within the black community, but it seems to me tragic that some people take offense to facts.

And to your statement about blacks being inferior, I guess we would be inferior with inferior textbooks, and curriculums. This is the part that many folks who are "fortunate" enough to recieve an "adequate education" growing up.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:29:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

Black people do all that stuff. You are racist.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:32:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:21:52 PM, kelly224 wrote:
I understand that there are many African warlords selling weapons, but who do they get the weapons from?

Usually from other African warlords. The weapons already in circulation may have originally been supplied by arms companies who might have possibly been run by Caucasians to African countries, but that was a long time ago. Most black market weapons are ones left over, gathered up, and exploited for profit by African warlords.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:41:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:26:11 PM, kelly224 wrote:

If you feel as though we are inferior, than so be it. That's just your insecurities saying that. It's easy for people to point out what is lacking within the black community, but it seems to me tragic that some people take offense to facts.

Here's my issue. The "facts" you referred to in your initial post are not facts at all. They are opinions, or personal observations at best. It may appear to you that only white people are profiting from society's vices but that doesn't make it a fact. Things like alcohol and drugs may have come to prevalence in white society, but I assure you that there are many people of all races making big money off of them as we speak.

And to your statement about blacks being inferior, I guess we would be inferior with inferior textbooks, and curriculums. This is the part that many folks who are "fortunate" enough to recieve an "adequate education" growing up.

I did not claim that blacks are in fact inferior to other races. No body is inherently inferior in any way. I was making a connection between your claim that only white people "profit from pain" and other racist statements (hence the example i gave). As you predicted in your initial post I am accusing, not necessarily you, but the substance of said post to have a racist connotation.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:41:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 11:05:48 AM, omelet wrote:
Black people can sell those same things.

I myself know of a few black drug dealers (as well as white ones). While some drugs are largely harmless (Marijuana), others can cause the user a great deal of pain throughout the course of use.

Nice try bro.

This still doesn't address the topic.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:47:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:41:00 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 12/29/2009 1:26:11 PM, kelly224 wrote:

If you feel as though we are inferior, than so be it. That's just your insecurities saying that. It's easy for people to point out what is lacking within the black community, but it seems to me tragic that some people take offense to facts.

Here's my issue. The "facts" you referred to in your initial post are not facts at all. They are opinions, or personal observations at best. It may appear to you that only white people are profiting from society's vices but that doesn't make it a fact. Things like alcohol and drugs may have come to prevalence in white society, but I assure you that there are many people of all races making big money off of them as we speak.

Who owns Phillip Morris?...The Kennedy's ( one of the most prominent families in American History) did not amass a fortune "moon shining?"
I am aware that there are many people profiting from alcohol, and drugs. I'm SURE there are.

And to your statement about blacks being inferior, I guess we would be inferior with inferior textbooks, and curriculum's. This is the part that many folks who are "fortunate" enough to receive an "adequate education" growing up.

I did not claim that blacks are in fact inferior to other races. No body is inherently inferior in any way. I was making a connection between your claim that only white people "profit from pain" and other racist statements (hence the example I gave). As you predicted in your initial post I am accusing, not necessarily you, but the substance of said post to have a racist connotation.

You took it as being racist, not me. This was a statement that was made in conversation with a friend, just as you have the same conversations with your friends.

Statements like this ruffle feathers, and for a good reason they should.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 1:53:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You took it as being racist, not me. This was a statement that was made in conversation with a friend, just as you have the same conversations with your friends.

My friends are neither racist nor stupid so a conversation like this has never come up.

Statements like this ruffle feathers, and for a good reason they should.

Whose feathers were ruffled?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:05:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:29:52 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

Black people do all that stuff. You are racist.

whatever you say.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:06:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:53:49 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
You took it as being racist, not me. This was a statement that was made in conversation with a friend, just as you have the same conversations with your friends.

My friends are neither racist nor stupid so a conversation like this has never come up.


Statements like this ruffle feathers, and for a good reason they should.

Whose feathers were ruffled?

Hooray for you, your cookie is in the mail.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:13:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 2:06:07 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/29/2009 1:53:49 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
You took it as being racist, not me. This was a statement that was made in conversation with a friend, just as you have the same conversations with your friends.

My friends are neither racist nor stupid so a conversation like this has never come up.


Statements like this ruffle feathers, and for a good reason they should.

Whose feathers were ruffled?

Hooray for you, your cookie is in the mail.

Yeah don't bother responding to the comment just have a cry about how nobody agrees with your racism (NOT reverse-racism either... racism is just plain racism no matter who's behind it).
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:15:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 2:13:55 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/29/2009 2:06:07 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/29/2009 1:53:49 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
You took it as being racist, not me. This was a statement that was made in conversation with a friend, just as you have the same conversations with your friends.

My friends are neither racist nor stupid so a conversation like this has never come up.


Statements like this ruffle feathers, and for a good reason they should.

Whose feathers were ruffled?

Hooray for you, your cookie is in the mail.

Yeah don't bother responding to the comment just have a cry about how nobody agrees with your racism (NOT reverse-racism either... racism is just plain racism no matter who's behind it).

I'm not concerned with anyone agreeing with me. Will it make your wounds better if I agree with you? Go play somewhere.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:19:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm not concerned with anyone agreeing with me.

You clearly are. You post 9 topics a day with ridiculous opinions and ask people their thoughts on the matter. When nobody agrees with you, you have a cry. That's called concern.

Will it make your wounds better if I agree with you?

No... if you agreed with me I'd know I was being wrong and racist. :D

Go play somewhere.

I think I'll go sell some cigarettes to some black school children.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:28:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

Kelly -- I fail to see your connection at all whatsoever. What do you mean white people profit from pain? How is selling cigarettes and tobacco them profiting from pain? I'm pretty sure that everyone who chooses to smoke does so on their own; the cigarette advertising or white owners of these companies do not force this "pain" upon them. And I don't think smokers consider it "painful" to smoke -- at least not enough to stop. Same applies to alcohol. And not all guns are meant to cause people pain, though let me just point out the obvious and state that black people could easily become one of those people (business owners) who profit at these or other companies like it if they want to go into that business... reason being because these things do not inherently cause people pain, thus they're not illegal.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 2:32:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Plus I'm pretty sure that there are Asian, Middle Eastern and Latino people who profit off of this same "pain" or from the same industries as well. Your argument is racist, bigoted, xenophobic, non-sensical, unsupported and ignorant.
President of DDO
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 3:09:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

You need new friends man.
They are shaping you, some may say in a bad direction non the less, i would reassess.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 3:13:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 1:26:11 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/29/2009 1:20:34 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 12/29/2009 10:56:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Okay, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he said that white folks are the only race that can profit from pain, and get away with it....

ex.
1.cigarettes/tobacco products
2.alcohol (Kenndey's were bootleggers)
3.guns (war profiteers)

these are a few examples. Now with the way most folks here respond to my posts, I can expect some sarcasm, and reverse racism accusations to fly, but this is a KNOWN fact.

your thoughts

I fail to see the connection between any of the examples you give and "the white man".

Please explain to me the difference between you (or your friend) making these claims and someone else saying that black folks are intellectually inferior to every other race, because its a KNOWN fact. Because in my opinion, both are textbook examples of racism.

If you feel as though we are inferior, than so be it. That's just your insecurities saying that. It's easy for people to point out what is lacking within the black community, but it seems to me tragic that some people take offense to facts.

And to your statement about blacks being inferior, I guess we would be inferior with inferior textbooks, and curriculums. This is the part that many folks who are "fortunate" enough to recieve an "adequate education" growing up.

Blacks as a race are not inferior, but black people with this mentality are inferior.
There are many people who rise above this thinking and in turn rise above inferiority.

But the people that stay in this mind set will be hated, with whites and blacks.

You say the white man is holding you down, NO this type of black man is holding you down.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 3:17:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Blacks, as a race, are not inferior, but black people with this mentality are inferior.
Their many people who rise above this thinking and in turn rise above inferiority.

But the people that stay in this mind set will be hated, not only by the whites but by the blacks too.

You say the white man is holding you down, NO this type of black man is holding you down.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 4:14:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The OP is racist. But I can say that it is morally wrong for people, in general, to profit from others' pain. Such is the consequence of unfettered capitalism. Only in capitalist countries could slavery have been so prevalent at their get-goes, and only in capitalist countries could the government turn a blind eye as tobacco companies knowingly hide information that cigarettes cause cancer.

yay for derailing threads!
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 4:25:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/29/2009 3:17:06 PM, comoncents wrote:
Blacks, as a race, are not inferior, but black people with this mentality are inferior.
Their many people who rise above this thinking and in turn rise above inferiority.

But the people that stay in this mind set will be hated, not only by the whites but by the blacks too.

You say the white man is holding you down, NO this type of black man is holding you down.

Yes.
President of DDO