Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I wish we could go back to the good old days.

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:51:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
...when kids got a whooping for being rude to adults. Too many kids, and adults, think it is okay to be a complete a@@ to people for no reason. My faith in humanity: dead. Who else agrees?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 9:52:34 AM
When adults act like crap, mature children can call them out for. You're starting to sound like GWL...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 10:57:46 AM
Adults really need to get off their superiority high-horse. Although adults might have been more intelligent than children a few decades ago, the rise of technology and the Internet has completely levelled the playing field.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 10:58:22 AM
inb4 "life experience" crap.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 11:07:27 AM
At 11/3/2013 9:52:34 AM, Subutai wrote:
When adults act like crap, mature children can call them out for. You're starting to sound like GWL...

Your so vain, I bet you think this song is about you, don't you, don't you. If you want respect, don't call people names.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 11:08:51 AM
At 11/3/2013 10:57:46 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Adults really need to get off their superiority high-horse. Although adults might have been more intelligent than children a few decades ago, the rise of technology and the Internet has completely levelled the playing field.

And children need to have respect for adults, plain and simple. I am so tired of brat children acting like they own the world when adults know a Hell of a lot more.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 11:09:22 AM
At 11/3/2013 11:07:27 AM, Sitara wrote:

Your so vain, I bet you think this song is about you, don't you, don't you. If you want respect, don't call people names.

LOL. This is the case in point. Apparently you can't read, or at least you choose not to read.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 11:10:44 AM
At 11/3/2013 11:08:51 AM, Sitara wrote:

And children need to have respect for adults, plain and simple. I am so tired of brat children acting like they own the world when adults know a Hell of a lot more.

Why? Admittedly, there are a lot of children who don't know what they're talking about, but there are also a lot of adults that act this way too.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 11:52:22 AM

I really don't think you're the best one to be preaching this case. if you got RoyLatham to say it, for example, that would be an entirely different story.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 1:22:31 PM
At 11/3/2013 12:22:04 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
This is a poor troll thread.

For once I agree with you.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 1:23:57 PM
Sitara, your whole complaint is a giant Texas sharpshooter riddled with possible inverse causation.

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 1:26:08 PM
At 11/3/2013 1:22:31 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

For once I agree with you.

It's funny how commonly this is said to me. I'm seeing it as childish defiance.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 5:58:33 PM

respect is a two way street sista
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:06:03 PM
At 11/3/2013 5:58:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Exactly, my bad as brothah. if you want my respect, you need to earn it.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:07:14 PM

This is not a troll thread it is not rolling to express your opinion.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:08:10 PM
At 11/3/2013 1:23:57 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Sitara, your whole complaint is a giant Texas sharpshooter riddled with possible inverse causation.

Wrong. Kids today have no respect, and no honor.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:08:31 PM

Which can happen, though it is a rarity compared to the other end of the spectrum.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:08:53 PM
At 11/3/2013 8:51:11 AM, Sitara wrote:
...when kids got a whooping for being rude to adults. Too many kids, and adults, think it is okay to be a complete a@@ to people for no reason. My faith in humanity: dead. Who else agrees?

Weren't women viewed as property in those days? Or close to it?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:08:58 PM
At 11/3/2013 6:06:03 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 11/3/2013 5:58:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Exactly, my bad as brothah. if you want my respect, you need to earn it.

and so do you
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:11:55 PM
A certain degree of respect should be given (to both adults and children) until they lose it.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:12:06 PM
At 11/3/2013 6:08:10 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 11/3/2013 1:23:57 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Wrong. Kids today have no respect, and no honor.

Again, that statement is a Texas sharpshooter with parental cause. At least skeptikitten argues her hatred of my generation with logic. You're not even trying.

Prove to me that your assertion is true.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:12:34 PM
At 11/3/2013 6:11:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
A certain degree of respect should be given (to both adults and children) until they lose it.

i agree with this completely
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 6:18:57 PM
Nostalgia is a powerful feeling. I can't help myself.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:28:29 PM
I agree, bring back the public whipping posts. We'll show those damn kids what happens when they question the authority of their elders!!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:38:15 PM

I don't. In those days, it was socially acceptable to attack gay couples in public, discriminate against women and racially discriminate. To return to the kind of culture people sentimentalize as "the good old days" would be, for me at least, dreadful.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:38:37 PM
At 11/3/2013 8:28:29 PM, thett3 wrote:
I agree, bring back the public whipping posts. We'll show those damn kids what happens when they question the authority of their elders!!

How kinky.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:50:08 PM
At 11/3/2013 8:38:15 PM, YYW wrote:

I don't. In those days, it was socially acceptable to attack gay couples in public, discriminate against women and racially discriminate. To return to the kind of culture people sentimentalize as "the good old days" would be, for me at least, dreadful.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. As far as I'm concerned, there are no "good old days".
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 8:56:05 PM
At 11/3/2013 8:38:15 PM, YYW wrote:

True, but if you were a straight, white male...well, those days ruled

Trust me, I was there
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote: