Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Anyone dislike "Full House," "Boy Meets...

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:33:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
world," "Family Matters" and any show ABC made in the late 80s to 1990s
Even "Sabrina the Teenage Witch"? They seem like shows Rosie O'Donnell would love.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:32:02 PM
At 11/13/2013 12:36:03 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Dumbass shows.

I love Sabrina the teenage witch
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:33:22 PM
At 11/13/2013 6:32:02 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
Dumbass shows.

Ehh Melissa Joan Hart is hot, but that's about it.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 6:34:25 PM
At 11/13/2013 6:33:22 PM, Adam2 wrote:
At 11/13/2013 6:32:02 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
Dumbass shows.

Ehh Melissa Joan Hart is hot, but that's about it.

I don't have dumb@ss reasons for liking shows dumb@ss
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 7:44:10 PM
I used to really like TGIF, personally. My Friday nights were exciting! Family Matters, Step by Step... Hey did you hear they're bringing back the Full House crew to do a remake? F*cking brilliant! But yeah you're right, in retrospect those shows all really sucked and I especially hate the new sitcoms.

While Friday night was the home of the cheesey sitcoms, Sunday night was the really good programming. The Simpsons, Herman's Head, Paperboy, In Living Colour, and Married with Children. What a lineup!
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:02:01 PM
At 11/13/2013 7:44:10 PM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
I used to really like TGIF, personally. My Friday nights were exciting! Family Matters, Step by Step... Hey did you hear they're bringing back the Full House crew to do a remake? F*cking brilliant! But yeah you're right, in retrospect those shows all really sucked and I especially hate the new sitcoms.

Having seen Bob Saget's stand-up post Full House I no longer believe I could ever view him as Danny Tanner ever again. He went from wholesome to the exact opposite over night and I admit I thought some of it was pretty funny in contrast (his cameo in Half Baked comes to mind). Nonetheless I'd probably check out a Full House remake just for nostalgia.

While Friday night was the home of the cheesey sitcoms, Sunday night was the really good programming. The Simpsons, Herman's Head, Paperboy, In Living Colour, and Married with Children. What a lineup!

Haha I couldn't agree more. Those we're my favorite shows as a kid. It's hard for me to believe sometimes that The Simpsons is still around.
Debate.org Moderator
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 12:31:10 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:02:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Having seen Bob Saget's stand-up post Full House I no longer believe I could ever view him as Danny Tanner ever again. He went from wholesome to the exact opposite over night and I admit I thought some of it was pretty funny in contrast (his cameo in Half Baked comes to mind). Nonetheless I'd probably check out a Full House remake just for nostalgia.

Haha I couldn't agree more. Those we're my favorite shows as a kid. It's hard for me to believe sometimes that The Simpsons is still around.

Ehh "Full House" is as good as a McDonald's commercial -- which is to say nasty.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 6:46:29 PM
At 11/14/2013 12:31:10 PM, Adam2 wrote:

Ehh "Full House" is as good as a McDonald's commercial -- which is to say nasty.

Well in retrospect I think all of these shows are terrible and I don't watch any sitcoms anymore. Most of my TV watching is dedicated to the NFL and news. I watch TV shows once they are finished and on NetFlix instant (Breaking Bad was awesome).

But I was around 10 years old when these shows were on, so they seemed alright to me then, and if I ever saw them again I'd certainly think they were terrible, but there would be a nostalgic feeling to it...

Also taste in anything is entirely subjective, so your opinion is just that. Also McDonalds commercials while having almost no entertainment value, are very effective at marketing the product they are advertising.
Debate.org Moderator
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 8:13:09 PM
At 11/14/2013 6:46:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Well in retrospect I think all of these shows are terrible and I don't watch any sitcoms anymore. Most of my TV watching is dedicated to the NFL and news. I watch TV shows once they are finished and on NetFlix instant (Breaking Bad was awesome).

But I was around 10 years old when these shows were on, so they seemed alright to me then, and if I ever saw them again I'd certainly think they were terrible, but there would be a nostalgic feeling to it...

Also taste in anything is entirely subjective, so your opinion is just that. Also McDonalds commercials while having almost no entertainment value, are very effective at marketing the product they are advertising.

Let those who love McDonald's eat it.

"Seinfeld" is my favorite sitcom. Newman is the pinnacle of evil in the show.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 8:14:33 PM
At 11/14/2013 8:13:09 PM, Adam2 wrote:

Let those who love McDonald's eat it.

You were talking about their commercials, not their food.

"Seinfeld" is my favorite sitcom. Newman is the pinnacle of evil in the show.
Debate.org Moderator
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 8:15:40 PM

Did you reply to my "Seinfeld" quote. I love how they make fun of Newman. Hell Archie Bunker doesn't even compare to how they ridicule Newman to death.