Jump to topic:

Why do most people in Western countries only

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 4:29:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
have small breakfasts & lunches and dinners? Like they'll make bagels at home and then commute to work. And for work they'll make themselves a peanut butter sandwich.
Is it because many of them are so in a rush to get to work and whatnot and have no time or what?
It's an observation I've noticed.
This obviously is not true about Spain or Italy or France, and even it is iffy on whether I consider Western. And this is definitely the case in the East. In those countries, they usually they'll have a full course breakfast. Scrambled eggs, french fries, sausage links, bacon. And for lunch and dinner they'll a big lunch and dinner, like spaghetti, pasta, burgers (I consider Germany more like the Catholic countries in this regard, they also have big meals), rice, French fries. But in Denmark or England or Holland, they will make a quick bagel in their house and then leave.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2013 10:09:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/16/2013 4:29:53 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Is it because many of them are so in a rush to get to work and whatnot and have no time or what?

You found your answer. While I can't speak for the western European countries, my country (America) has such Spartan breakfasts, because the cliche job day starts at 9 AM, which means getting up at 8 AM if you want to have a whole hour to do things, but many people aren't 'morning people' (hence the prevalent use of coffee), so doing the work to make a decent breakfast just isn't within their will at that time in the morning. If you are in school, your day starts as early as 7:35 AM (public high schools), which means that you may make up at 6:35 AM if not earlier, which combined with the aforesaid point about not being a 'morning person', really means that you aren't going to make a nice breakfast.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown