Jump to topic:

How many find city rival team sports stupid

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:11:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I find that dumb as heck. Even more annoying are these people who measure themselves by what city they came from! Dumb---.
The only team sport I like it European football, but that represent a nation not a city. Your true home is not your city. I mean, my God, a city is just an area where business districts are at, and homes are all together because people need to get to their jobs there. I like cities from an asthetic point of view. Big huge office buildings, arteliery highways, bridges (if the city is surrounded by rivers), and if it's near the coasts, docking areas. And I love wearhouses. But that's it. A city doesn't make who you are. Your home is your country, your people, your tribe. Things like that... European futbol (as they say in Spanish) is better. It represents your country, your nation. I'd say they have more cojones that football, basketball or baseball teams.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:13:10 AM
In this case, if I'm living in the city (which is mostly just a financial area, with homes near it, and small business), I care for individualistic sports like boxing and UFC. Your city doesn't make you. Teamwork is great, but if it's for the sake of a city, get the hell out of here.
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 11:14:36 AM
One of the many things I hate about the Northeast is this mentality that's common there. One thing I love about the South is people are very patriotic, for all the things I hate about the South, that's one good thing. I know many Southerners who'd enjoy a good UFC fight. And football is technically not Southern because it was started in a boarding school in New England. :P
As much as high school football seems innocent, I still don't like that. It kinda tempts you to want to go to real organized football.