Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2013 5:36:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/5/2013 5:03:09 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Save yourself hours of video to review and check out this list:

http://www.lifehack.org...

Also, lifehack is a great website.

Lifehack *is* a great website. But still, watching a TED video is better than reading a summarised 100 bullet point article of TED videos. I mean you'd miss the beauty of this talk:
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:44:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
29. If you"re arguing with someone to win the argument, you"re doing it for the wrong reasons.You should be arguing to learn.

Wow. HELLO DDO, LISTEN UP. This should be this fvcking site's mantra.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:47:22 PM
54. One of the most effective ways to cure poverty in developing countries isn"t food, cattle, or anything else " it"s giving away cellphones.

WTF? Could somebody please explain this to me? And be ready for a heated response - I'm not a big fan of cellphones!
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 7:16:55 PM
At 12/7/2013 4:47:22 PM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
54. One of the most effective ways to cure poverty in developing countries isn"t food, cattle, or anything else " it"s giving away cellphones.

WTF? Could somebody please explain this to me? And be ready for a heated response - I'm not a big fan of cellphones!

I'll explain my guess -- there are several materials used in cellphone manufacture (and several other tech gadgets, including computers) that have a conflict-oriented origin. Cell phones are in the most high demand and are used by the widest range of people, so I'd assume that they contribute most to these global civil conflicts in third world countries.