Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Why do restaurants give names to their items?

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 10:47:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
lol
aside from the fact that they make bad food, they also give them names.
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol
Super Sized Fries lol (OK, that doesn't exist -- it's really large fries, small fries)
I bet they'll have the Obama burger in the future.
What is this a rap concert? lol

One more reason I eat TRUE home cooked food
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:01:31 PM
At 12/8/2013 10:47:09 PM, Adam2 wrote:
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol
Super Sized Fries lol (OK, that doesn't exist -- it's really large fries, small fries)

The best examples of ridiculous names for food included "quarter pounder?" Why would naming a quarter pound burger a "quarter pounder" be something to scoff at? And Super-Size fries did exist for years until the movie made them quickly drop it like a hot potato - no pun intended -_-
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:03:07 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:01:31 PM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol

The best examples of ridiculous names for food included "quarter pounder?" Why would naming a quarter pound burger a "quarter pounder" be something to scoff at? And Super-Size fries did exist for years until the movie made them quickly drop it like a hot potato - no pun intended -_-

Restaurants (McDonald's the ultimate example of gutter ghetto scum garbage) are hilarious. LMAO. It's not just that their food is bad. They go to the length of giving items names.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:06:32 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:03:07 PM, Adam2 wrote:
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol

Restaurants (McDonald's the ultimate example of gutter ghetto scum garbage) are hilarious. LMAO. It's not just that their food is bad. They go to the length of giving items names.

Don't you give the things you make at home names? What next, you are going to tell me you don't talk dirty to your vegetables either?
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:08:12 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:06:32 PM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol

Don't you give the things you make at home names? What next, you are going to tell me you don't talk dirty to your vegetables either?

I don't know of anyone or myself giving things names at home. Maybe that's me. When it comes to food I call it what it is -- pizza, peanut butter sandwiches, bacon, steak, French fries because it's my home cooked food. Superior to any other food
Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:09:54 PM
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol

I admit I do the childish thing of talking to my fruits sometimes, but that's still not giving them names. I never understood McDonald's. One, it's ghetto. Two, in order to appeal to the rap community, they give their "food" names. Quarter pounders. Sounds like it could be the name of a rap song.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:10:40 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:08:12 PM, Adam2 wrote:
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol

I don't know of anyone or myself giving things names at home. Maybe that's me. When it comes to food I call it what it is -- pizza, peanut butter sandwiches, bacon, steak, French fries because it's my home cooked food. Superior to any other food

I talk dirty to my bacon and slap it around a bit before I fry it, yelling obsenities at it and yes I do cook it in my birthday suit. The pain only makes the experience more visceral.
Wren_cyborg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 11:13:51 PM
At 12/8/2013 11:09:54 PM, Adam2 wrote:

I admit I do the childish thing of talking to my fruits sometimes, but that's still not giving them names. I never understood McDonald's. One, it's ghetto. Two, in order to appeal to the rap community, they give their "food" names. Quarter pounders. Sounds like it could be the name of a rap song.

My God... he's right!
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:04:26 AM
At 12/8/2013 11:10:40 PM, Wren_cyborg wrote:
At 12/8/2013 11:08:12 PM, Adam2 wrote:
lol
McDonald's:
Quarter pounder lol
Chicken McNuggets LMFAO
McFlury lol

I talk dirty to my bacon and slap it around a bit before I fry it, yelling obsenities at it and yes I do cook it in my birthday suit. The pain only makes the experience more visceral.

No that's ADreamOfLiberty.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2013 10:21:46 PM
Would you rather go in and have to order "A slice of bread between two ground beef patties between two slices of cheese below lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, onions, and pickles; all between two more slices of bread?"
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.