YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 1:15:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/12/2013 1:04:23 PM, TUF wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Is this repulsive, or the opposite? Why or why not? Discuss.

It's playing on the idea that only "mommies" could care about a child who falls, and that somehow a kid without a "mommy" is left alone to suffer. Even without the mention of gay rights, that ad should outrage every single dad who ever walked the earth -and it doesn't make a case against lesbians raising kids either. If anything, by the logic of that ad, lesbians would be better parents.

So, not only is it disgusting -it doesn't even make sense.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 2:14:52 PM
At 12/12/2013 1:15:08 PM, YYW wrote:

It's playing on the idea that only "mommies" could care about a child who falls, and that somehow a kid without a "mommy" is left alone to suffer. Even without the mention of gay rights, that ad should outrage every single dad who ever walked the earth -and it doesn't make a case against lesbians raising kids either. If anything, by the logic of that ad, lesbians would be better parents.

Lol interesting points.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 2:16:00 PM
At 12/12/2013 2:14:52 PM, TUF wrote:

Lol interesting points.

I'd like to see two lesbians go comfort their son and look at the single "mommy" and say "If only you had another woman around, maybe your kid wouldn't have fallen on the playground."
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2013 2:27:17 PM
At 12/12/2013 2:16:00 PM, YYW wrote:

Lol interesting points.

I'd like to see two lesbians go comfort their son and look at the single "mommy" and say "If only you had another woman around, maybe your kid wouldn't have fallen on the playground."

You are right. The video was an appeal to emotion, rather than logic. I found it on the young turks channel.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 7:36:11 PM
At 12/12/2013 2:27:17 PM, TUF wrote:
At 12/12/2013 2:16:00 PM, YYW wrote:

Lol interesting points.

You are right. The video was an appeal to emotion, rather than logic. I found it on the young turks channel.

Most commercials are. Listen/watch to any commerical and they are all full of fallacies, and piss poor logic.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 10:34:09 PM

It's repulsive, and shows why dads need to take a more active role in the lives of their kids, especially boys. Those boys need a father there to give them encouragement to get back up and try again...

"OMG are you seriously gonna lay there and cry over that?!?! You fell 3 feet onto soft sand and your pansy a$$ is whimpering like a girl with her first menstrual cramps. Your sister was jumping off the house by the time she was your age. Now get up, rub some sand on it and walk it off like a man. And stop that whimpering and whining before I give you something to whimper and whine about."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 10:45:25 PM
At 12/14/2013 10:34:09 PM, medic0506 wrote:

It's repulsive, and shows why dads need to take a more active role in the lives of their kids, especially boys. Those boys need a father there to give them encouragement to get back up and try again...

"OMG are you seriously gonna lay there and cry over that?!?! You fell 3 feet onto soft sand and your pansy a$$ is whimpering like a girl with her first menstrual cramps. Your sister was jumping off the house by the time she was your age. Now get up, rub some sand on it and walk it off like a man. And stop that whimpering and whining before I give you something to whimper and whine about."

Yeah, would boys do if they weren't gender shamed and taught to be misogynist? Their development would be arrested!
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2013 11:15:26 PM
At 12/14/2013 10:45:25 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah, would boys do if they weren't gender shamed and taught to be misogynist? Their development would be arrested!

Feminazis have no sense of humor.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 9:11:44 AM
At 12/14/2013 11:15:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Perhaps you are less amusing than you think.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 9:19:20 AM
At 12/15/2013 9:11:44 AM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 12/14/2013 11:15:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Perhaps you are less amusing than you think.

Nope, that's not it.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2013 3:07:58 PM

Oooohhhh I like you ;)
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Silhouette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2013 6:30:52 AM
YYW makes a great point, I agree with him, especially how they portrayed "comforting" the kid as the mother's job.

Watching that video, it made me sick. Especially the mother's face when she looked at the young boy, it looked like she was trying not to smile.

Although the main message was "Marriage is between a man and a woman", it was also passing a message "you need to have a mommy" as the situation of the video seems to show married people have children.

Adoption doesn't always mean you need to be a married couple, single people can also adopt. Or, a father can have a kid but be divorced from his wife or became a widower.

It is the child and father's decision if they wish to have a child in their life, it is sickening to see others speak for them and insist what is good for them. Would "guilting" someone count as "force"?

Plus, the best interest in a family shouldn't be how they look, it's how they feel. If a child feels happy with their family, and they don't have a mum, or they don't have a dad, they'll still feel loved. What about some parents who are abusive? Some kids who are adopted are from abused families, getting raised with gay parents gives them something they may have never felt - love and care (assuming the particular couple was caring).

There was a blog I found about two girls running away from home due to their parents being liars (and abusers) and they really wanted to live with their single step father, yet the law forbid them to.

Why are people judging people on their gentials or physical side of it when they should be judging the mental side of it? Some say "beauty is only skin deep" and judge their friends or loved ones by their personality, but yet, they are hypocrites by tormenting LGTB relationships.

"In the end, people should be judged by their actions, since in the end, it was actions that defined everyone."
- Nicholas Sparks

Hypocritically, the law in some countries care more about the rights of parents then children, yet the people who agree to that decide to use the "the main concern is children" technique (as shown in this sickening video by the OP).

http://cappuccinoqueen.com... is a blog of a "mama honoring the memory of her son" due to the fact that "justice" cared more about the rights of "the parents" then the child. I am not saying this particular judge was a homophobic, but that the argument exists.

Plus, there's transsexual people. During a talk in my class, someone said about a marriage occured and suddenly, the couple relaised they were transexual. The man felt like he was female, and the girl felt like she was male. Would it count as "gay" or "lesbian" if a man (was transsexual, felt more woman) married a girl (who was not transsexual)? Imagine the rare cases where the child grew up thinking his mother was female ( but really male) and his father was male (but really female).

In discussions, are we required to be as formal as in a debate? I hope I didn't go overboard with it or do anything wrong, please tell me if I did so. Sorry, this is my first day here.