Same Sex Parenting

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2013 1:14:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com...

In this video, fast forward to 5:50 and watch til about 6:06.

He says that there are some same sex couples that are great parents. He also says that there are single mothers who are great at raising their children. His point is clear that he thinks there are "better" standards for parenting.

Let's give this argument the benefit of the doubt, ignore actual statistics, and assume same sex couples cannot parent to the same ability as that of a mother and a father.

Is this an argument against gay parenting, or is he just saying that some children will not always be blessed with the perfect childhood (which is of course already a given). His own argument says that there are some same sex couples who can be great parents; isn't this an argument to allow gay parenting, as opposed to letting them be fostered without loving parents? In other words, there wasn't really a "problem" to same sex parenting. It can be good, but it just isn't as perfect as it can be. Which still means it can be a better alternative to a foster home...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2013 2:59:57 AM
At 12/19/2013 2:15:08 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Who says that foster parents can't love their foster children!?

A better question might be why is a foster home a better alternative to same sex parents?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2013 11:06:43 AM

It's not so much an issue of love as it is of time. The lack of permanence in a child's life can have negative psychological side effects; that is not to say that foster parents can't love the children though.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:22:36 AM

Child Protective Services
My work here is, finally, done.