Jump to topic:

Teenage Rebellion

vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 11:46:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is teenage rebellion a modern phenomenon - a symptom of modern society - or does it have roots in our paleolithic past?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 12:18:06 AM
At 1/2/2014 11:46:03 PM, vbaculum wrote:
Is teenage rebellion a modern phenomenon - a symptom of modern society - or does it have roots in our paleolithic past?
It's a modern things. Directly resulted by false diet which promotes lack of necessary nutrients while suffering under massive amounts of toxic substances - the body simply cannot work as it should, then add the natural changes that occur in this particular age and... well, what would you expect?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 8:57:35 PM
I'd imagine it's modern, to do with being boxed in more and more. Reactance, basically: http://en.wikipedia.org...(psychology) How modern are laws regarding the age you can be before you can drink? Where I'm from that's the most of the rebellion. Most people just fall into line otherwise, unless there's something exceptional there.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2014 9:12:56 PM
I'm not entirely sure. It's a natural phase that occurs during teenage years and is generally coupled with a restriction perceived as unreasonable. As long as some 'unfair' restriction has been around, it's almost certain that teenage rebellion has been around. But in some ways it could also be seen as the progression of education, as teenagers and others are taught to think critically and question rather than blindly obey.