Jump to topic:

Euthanasia opinions?

QandA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 2:36:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've still not formed a full opinion on the topic of Euthanasia. I Would love to hear some views on the issue.
QandA
Socres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 2:34:12 PM
Well, for me it comes down to whether you believe in freedom of choice. If you do, then you should be able to do whatever you want as long as the things you choose to do, do not harm others. Simple as that.

Another point is let's say you're terminally ill and you going to die within 2 months but it is going to be a painful death and you don't want to suffer any more so you ask your doctor to give you lethal dose of morphine but he won't do it because of stupid laws that limit your freedom and stupid morality based on nothing, he actually tortures you. He has a way to make the pain stop and he won't do it. That's assuming you want to die, some people might want to live those next 2 months and some wouldn't but everyone should have a choice.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 9:15:14 PM
Yer dead
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 9:57:22 PM
At 1/8/2014 2:36:19 PM, QandA wrote:
I've still not formed a full opinion on the topic of Euthanasia. I Would love to hear some views on the issue.

There are situations people can find them self in where a ton of suffering will be their life and they won't be able to get out of it. Those people may prefer death.

Then some other people come along, cloth themselves in "sanctity of life" and by forcing such people to suffer, even thou they choose not too, imagine them selves to be doing quite a good moral thing.

You can die if we send you to war, cause that is acceptable to us, you can die if you lack basics of life with no welfare safety net to provide.......that is acceptable to us, but if you die cause YOU CHOOSE TO DIE, on your own terms for your own reasons...............no you can't do that, cause you see............THEY OWN YOU.

Back to work peasant.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12