Frodobaggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 6:53:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/15/2010 6:48:59 PM, True2GaGa wrote:
In a good way right?

No in a way it makes me want to laugh at how ridiculously stupid it is.

In a way it makes me want to ban you from ever creating a topic again had I the power.

In a way.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 9:40:58 PM
At 1/15/2010 7:00:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Hitler=fail, but I think everybody already knows that except for maybe Cody_Franklin. ;)

See: wonderwoman
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2010 9:41:53 PM
At 1/15/2010 9:40:58 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/15/2010 7:00:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Hitler=fail, but I think everybody already knows that except for maybe Cody_Franklin. ;)

See: wonderwoman

Haha yes. Her too. Of course.
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:25:28 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:22:00 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Hitler was motivated, determined, intelligent, eloquent, and powerful. Those characteristics along are quite positive.

He was also a fool who chose to value strength alone as a virtue. Reading Mein Kampf makes it fairly obvious that he had a massive inferiority complex that he expressed by promoting his own brand of superiority (which he still did not meet).
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:27:11 PM
intelligent

Eh?

Being Deluded thanks to your own insecurities is indicative of some kind of intellectual failure.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:27:48 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:25:28 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:
Hitler was motivated, determined, intelligent, eloquent, and powerful. Those characteristics along are quite positive.

He was also a fool who chose to value strength alone as a virtue. Reading Mein Kampf makes it fairly obvious that he had a massive inferiority complex that he expressed by promoting his own brand of superiority (which he still did not meet).

He was a brilliant man who took responsibility for an entire population and made an expression against economic and internationalist oppression.
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:30:12 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:27:48 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

He was a brilliant man who took responsibility for an entire population and made an expression against economic and internationalist oppression.

You're not an admirer are you SAC8? I agree that he stood against internationalist oppression, but his version of "taking responsibility" was selectively breeding, murdering, experimenting upon and basically terrorizing his own citizens.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:33:48 PM

those damn jews deserved it!

lol

Metaphysics:
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:35:07 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:30:12 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:

You're not an admirer are you SAC8? I agree that he stood against internationalist oppression, but his version of "taking responsibility" was selectively breeding, murdering, experimenting upon and basically terrorizing his own citizens.

Everything I said were characteristics. I admired all of the characteristics alone that I listed. However, I'm not so sure about his policy of murder, breeding, etc. I don't like the fact that he discriminated and killed millions of people.

But hey, to be great is to be misunderstood.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:37:04 PM
How is killing 6 million jews, lots of gypsies, gays, some catholics too mind you, defensible.

I would say its because of delusional ideas, probably stemming from his own insecurities.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:38:08 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:35:07 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Everything I said were characteristics. I admired all of the characteristics alone that I listed. However, I'm not so sure about his policy of murder, breeding, etc. I don't like the fact that he discriminated and killed millions of people.

lol. To be great is to have a point.

Hitler in killing 6 mil.....and....and....and......

Did not.

Metaphysics:
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:40:28 PM

0.o Wow. Either you're really ticked off right now or you've undergone a massive conversion of your values since you joined this site. I guess I can understand the leadership qualities he showed, but I think there is a (big) difference between being a misunderstood genius (like Tesla, Turing, or even Machiavelli) and being a depraved nutbar who others misunderstood to be a genius (like Hitler or Jim Jones).
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:41:20 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:38:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Did not.

Read the thread. I do not support his mass murder. If you look at all the characteristics I provided, you would notice that I divided them from his direct actions.

He had a point in doing it. It is up for us to decide if he was right or wrong in doing so.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:43:27 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:41:20 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Read the thread. I do not support his mass murder. If you look at all the characteristics I provided, you would notice that I divided them from his direct actions.

You know, there are other people out there with the same general characteristics that wern't mass murderers.

JFK, Pierre Trudeau, Margaret Thatcher, Gorbachev, Reagan, D Gaulle... they're healthier to admire than Hitler.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:43:55 PM

Did not.

He had a point in doing it.

What was that? To stop those jews from ruining Germany right? (at least that's what he said) and plus they're really not human anyways, as they're not German right.

Mmm... sounds like delusions to me.

Metaphysics:
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:45:39 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:40:28 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:

0.o Wow. Either you're really ticked off right now or you've undergone a massive conversion of your values since you joined this site. I guess I can understand the leadership qualities he showed, but I think there is a (big) difference between being a misunderstood genius (like Tesla, Turing, or even Machiavelli) and being a depraved nutbar who others misunderstood to be a genius (like Hitler or Jim Jones).

I've been ticked off. What values did you hold me for? All I stated were Hitler's qualities that I liked. I divided those from his actions which I do not support. I never said he was a genius. However, I feel that as a person, he was great in what he did (his ability to take over an entire nation, not his destruction of it and millions of people) and was misunderstood by others.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:46:42 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:43:27 PM, Volkov wrote:

You know, there are other people out there with the same general characteristics that wern't mass murderers.

JFK, Pierre Trudeau, Margaret Thatcher, Gorbachev, Reagan, D Gaulle... they're healthier to admire than Hitler.

I understand. I was merely defending some characterisitcs.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:47:14 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:45:39 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
and was misunderstood by others.

I think they understood him quite clearly: Kill the Jews.

I mean, its one to admire some qualities of leadership of which almost everyone can agree Hitler had, its another completely to say he was "misunderstood."
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:47:24 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:43:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Did not.

He had a point in doing it.

What was that? To stop those jews from ruining Germany right? (at least that's what he said) and plus they're really not human anyways, as they're not German right.

Mmm... sounds like delusions to me.

All I'm saying is that he felt that he had a point in doing so.
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:49:03 PM
seriously Hitler a retard?

Are you fing serious?

More like a genius. Effective use of Propaganda, Effective brainwashing, effective military strategies, need I go on?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:49:32 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:47:14 PM, Volkov wrote:
and was misunderstood by others.

I think they understood him quite clearly: Kill the Jews.

I mean, its one to admire some qualities of leadership of which almost everyone can agree Hitler had, its another completely to say he was "misunderstood."

I think people misunderstand him to be a monster rather than a messed-up individual who took charge during times of struggle. Of course, you may say that he turned into a monster, but many others view him as a monster for his entire life. They misunderstand him in that perspective.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:51:47 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:49:03 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
More like a genius. Effective use of Propaganda, Effective brainwashing, effective military strategies, need I go on?

Effective military strategies... hm. Lets see.

Battle for Britain: German loss.
Operation Barbarossa: Initial German victory, then German loss.
Defense of the Fatherland: Utter failure.

Real effective for sure.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:52:24 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:49:03 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
seriously Hitler a retard?

Are you fing serious?

More like a genius.

Effective use of Propaganda
True
Crazy psychopath
True
Effective brainwashing
True
Total d-bag
True
effective military strategies
True
Need I go on?
no I think you covered all the bases

Metaphysics:
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2010 11:53:37 PM
At 1/16/2010 11:40:28 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:

I've been ticked off. What values did you hold me for? All I stated were Hitler's qualities that I liked. I divided those from his actions which I do not support. I never said he was a genius. However, I feel that as a person, he was great in what he did (his ability to take over an entire nation, not his destruction of it and millions of people) and was misunderstood by others.

Hmm. A fair answer and a fair question. I suppose I'll respond in stages. 1. How was Hitler misunderstood? 2. I always assumed that striving to do and understand what was right was a core value of yours. 3. I can see his dominance in German politics as incredible, but I would be hard pressed to say it was a 'great' accomplishment, except for himself. 4. Yes, I know you've been ticked off. XD I'm just wondering if the way you chose to phrase your response (calling Hitler great then clarifying to mean that he accomplished a difficult feat) was derived from an emotional reaction or reflected some deference towards Hitler's belief system, as those were the only reasons I could see for declaring Hitler to be great at the time.