Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

N!gger is bad, but Honky is perfectly fine?

themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 4:10:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm fine with both of them.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 8:41:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/15/2014 4:10:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I'm fine with both of them.

Same here. I'm black and have no problems with the word 'nigger', except I percieve an intent to curse with the word, and that applies to any other word. In fact, I love the word nigg*r, especially how Uncle Ruckus said it 'Niggguuuuuuh !' In fact, I hear it derves from Latin for black, so don't hate.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 8:54:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 8:41:48 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:10:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I'm fine with both of them.

Same here. I'm black and have no problems with the word 'nigger', except I percieve an intent to curse with the word, and that applies to any other word. In fact, I love the word nigg*r, especially how Uncle Ruckus said it 'Niggguuuuuuh !' In fact, I hear it derves from Latin for black, so don't hate.

Uncle Ruckus has got to be the only guy to make being a constantly racist a$$hole seem like an okay thing.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 8:57:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 8:41:48 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:10:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I'm fine with both of them.

Same here. I'm black and have no problems with the word 'nigger', except I percieve an intent to curse with the word, and that applies to any other word. In fact, I love the word nigg*r, especially how Uncle Ruckus said it 'Niggguuuuuuh !' In fact, I hear it derves from Latin for black, so don't hate.

There are people who say it with kind meaning and there are those who say it and might as well be plucking the term from a century ago, with its full derogatory meaning. One cannot hold the former to the moral implications of the latter.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:00:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Don't be an ignoramus, the word "honky" doesn't pack the same psychic punch; doesn't embody and evoke several hundred years of contempt, hatred, slavery, segregation, and discrimination; and doesn't put a Caucasian person in his socially inferior place in our society's racist power structure the way the N-word does. In short, the H-word can't exactly be equated with the N-word and it's a bit dumb to take the view that it can.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.
Tsar of DDO
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:04:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 8:57:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/18/2014 8:41:48 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:10:03 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I'm fine with both of them.

Same here. I'm black and have no problems with the word 'nigger', except I percieve an intent to curse with the word, and that applies to any other word. In fact, I love the word nigg*r, especially how Uncle Ruckus said it 'Niggguuuuuuh !' In fact, I hear it derves from Latin for black, so don't hate.

There are people who say it with kind meaning and there are those who say it and might as well be plucking the term from a century ago, with its full derogatory meaning. One cannot hold the former to the moral implications of the latter.

Certainly.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:04:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:00:59 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Don't be an ignoramus, the word "honky" doesn't pack the same psychic punch; doesn't embody and evoke several hundred years of contempt, hatred, slavery, segregation, and discrimination; and doesn't put a Caucasian person in his socially inferior place in our society's racist power structure the way the N-word does. In short, the H-word can't exactly be equated with the N-word and it's a bit dumb to take the view that it can.

Can you say something that doesn't involve insults?

Either way, words only have power if you, the listener, put power into them. Just look at the posts above you, there are black people that do not feel those centuries of hatred, because they have decided to let the past bury itself and move on. On the other hand, many white people may find the use of "honky" as a highly offensive terms that brings back memories of the fights they had between them and the black community, simply because they weren't a black person.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:40:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:04:57 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:00:59 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Don't be an ignoramus, the word "honky" doesn't pack the same psychic punch; doesn't embody and evoke several hundred years of contempt, hatred, slavery, segregation, and discrimination; and doesn't put a Caucasian person in his socially inferior place in our society's racist power structure the way the N-word does. In short, the H-word can't exactly be equated with the N-word and it's a bit dumb to take the view that it can.

Can you say something that doesn't involve insults?

Hey back off; the guy made his point using less than 8,000 characters so just let him be.

Either way, words only have power if you, the listener, put power into them. Just look at the posts above you, there are black people that do not feel those centuries of hatred, because they have decided to let the past bury itself and move on. On the other hand, many white people may find the use of "honky" as a highly offensive terms that brings back memories of the fights they had between them and the black community, simply because they weren't a black person.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 9:46:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:04:57 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:00:59 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Don't be an ignoramus, the word "honky" doesn't pack the same psychic punch; doesn't embody and evoke several hundred years of contempt, hatred, slavery, segregation, and discrimination; and doesn't put a Caucasian person in his socially inferior place in our society's racist power structure the way the N-word does. In short, the H-word can't exactly be equated with the N-word and it's a bit dumb to take the view that it can.

Can you say something that doesn't involve insults?

Hmm, can you say something that doesn't merit an insulting response?

Either way, words only have power if you, the listener, put power into them. Just look at the posts above you, there are black people that do not feel those centuries of hatred, because they have decided to let the past bury itself and move on...

Ah, blame the victim, brilliant! Yeah, if an African-American individual is hurt or offended by the N-word it's his/her own fault for not being sufficiently lighthearted about such things.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:13:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 9:46:35 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:04:57 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Either way, words only have power if you, the listener, put power into them. Just look at the posts above you, there are black people that do not feel those centuries of hatred, because they have decided to let the past bury itself and move on...

Ah, blame the victim, brilliant! Yeah, if an African-American individual is hurt or offended by the N-word it's his/her own fault for not being sufficiently lighthearted about such things.

This.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:32:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.

I've been called one before. My reaction is almost always one of laughing, but which inevitably morphs into self-deprecation (at the fact that people can't offend me based on my perfect, pale skin).
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 10:39:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 10:32:57 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.

I've been called one before.

By... who? I mean, you're hardly white trash. You're more like the adorable little ginger twink hipster that frequents underground coffee shops and wears skinny jeans even when it's unseasonably warm.

My reaction is almost always one of laughing, but which inevitably morphs into self-deprecation (at the fact that people can't offend me based on my perfect, pale skin).

lol I can imagine
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:08:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 10:39:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:32:57 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.

I've been called one before.

By... who? I mean, you're hardly white trash. You're more like the adorable little ginger twink hipster that frequents underground coffee shops and wears skinny jeans even when it's unseasonably warm.

Well I am that. But I've been called a honky before nonetheless. I went to a party with a boy I was seeing one time and ditched him for a bit to chat up a group of [insert awkward placement of the term African American] women. A rival group of women saw this from across the party and started yelling for them to "share the honky". In addition to my above reactions to being called the term were feelings of both terror and pride.

My reaction is almost always one of laughing, but which inevitably morphs into self-deprecation (at the fact that people can't offend me based on my perfect, pale skin).

lol I can imagine
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:15:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 11:08:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:39:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:32:57 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.

I've been called one before.

By... who? I mean, you're hardly white trash. You're more like the adorable little ginger twink hipster that frequents underground coffee shops and wears skinny jeans even when it's unseasonably warm.

Well I am that. But I've been called a honky before nonetheless. I went to a party with a boy I was seeing one time and ditched him for a bit to chat up a group of [insert awkward placement of the term African American] women. A rival group of women saw this from across the party and started yelling for them to "share the honky". In addition to my above reactions to being called the term were feelings of both terror and pride.

Pride?


My reaction is almost always one of laughing, but which inevitably morphs into self-deprecation (at the fact that people can't offend me based on my perfect, pale skin).

lol I can imagine
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:16:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 11:15:13 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 11:08:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:39:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:32:57 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.

I've been called one before.

By... who? I mean, you're hardly white trash. You're more like the adorable little ginger twink hipster that frequents underground coffee shops and wears skinny jeans even when it's unseasonably warm.

Well I am that. But I've been called a honky before nonetheless. I went to a party with a boy I was seeing one time and ditched him for a bit to chat up a group of [insert awkward placement of the term African American] women. A rival group of women saw this from across the party and started yelling for them to "share the honky". In addition to my above reactions to being called the term were feelings of both terror and pride.

Pride?

I was proud of myself for being such a crowd pleaser.


My reaction is almost always one of laughing, but which inevitably morphs into self-deprecation (at the fact that people can't offend me based on my perfect, pale skin).

lol I can imagine
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:16:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 11:16:11 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 11:15:13 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 11:08:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:39:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:32:57 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:28:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/18/2014 10:13:08 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:02:44 PM, YYW wrote:
Both are racial pejoratives. Unlike the latter, the former carries the sociocultural weight of being a racial pejorative against a minority group with a prior history of being oppressed on the basis of race. That's the difference.

When white people get offended at being called a honky or cracker I sort of instinctively presume that they're probably some kind of racist.

I think that's a fair presumption, probably. I've never been called a honkey, though -but if I was I'd probably laugh.

I've been called one before.

By... who? I mean, you're hardly white trash. You're more like the adorable little ginger twink hipster that frequents underground coffee shops and wears skinny jeans even when it's unseasonably warm.

Well I am that. But I've been called a honky before nonetheless. I went to a party with a boy I was seeing one time and ditched him for a bit to chat up a group of [insert awkward placement of the term African American] women. A rival group of women saw this from across the party and started yelling for them to "share the honky". In addition to my above reactions to being called the term were feelings of both terror and pride.

Pride?

I was proud of myself for being such a crowd pleaser.

Fair enough, lol. I guess you're in pretty high demand!



My reaction is almost always one of laughing, but which inevitably morphs into self-deprecation (at the fact that people can't offend me based on my perfect, pale skin).

lol I can imagine
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2014 11:20:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://gifrific.com...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 3:13:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/18/2014 10:13:45 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:46:35 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 2/18/2014 9:04:57 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Either way, words only have power if you, the listener, put power into them. Just look at the posts above you, there are black people that do not feel those centuries of hatred, because they have decided to let the past bury itself and move on...

Ah, blame the victim, brilliant! Yeah, if an African-American individual is hurt or offended by the N-word it's his/her own fault for not being sufficiently lighthearted about such things.

This.

I agree. This.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:26:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Like everything else, TV is based on consensus. The word "honky" is allowed on TV because a black person's calling a white person a "honky", for the majority, is not as offensive as a white person's calling a black person a "nigger". In other words, "honky" is not going to effect ratings to the degree "nigger" would. Having high ratings means advertisers are willing to pay more for airtime. Whenever you get mad at TV broadcasters, your anger is misdirected. The broadcaster is only providing that for which the people are willing to pay.

Most people think TV broadcasters support gay marriage. TV broadcasters support whatever the average viewer supports.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:30:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Awwww look at the poor lil racist boy complaining about how unfair it is for Blacks to be treated better than Whites. Awwwww. =)
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 11:33:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 11:30:02 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Awwww look at the poor lil racist boy complaining about how unfair it is for Blacks to be treated better than Whites. Awwwww. =)

That couldn't be farther from the truth.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 4:36:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Brian is a dog. Not a white guy.

http://memecrunch.com...
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 5:21:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 4:36:05 PM, Such wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Brian is a dog. Not a white guy.

http://memecrunch.com...

That's not really relevant considering his character is every bit as human as anyone else in that show.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 5:28:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/25/2014 5:21:11 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 2/25/2014 4:36:05 PM, Such wrote:
At 2/15/2014 4:03:56 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I was watching Family Guy the other day, and Cleavland (a black guy) calls Brian a "honky". I was kind of surprised that it was allowed on T.V.

Now, I'm not so much surprised as I am annoyed. If white people can't say racial slurs to blacks, why is the opposite allowed (at least on T.V.)?

Just allow both words, or none. Picking and choosing is just as racist as either race may put into the words themselves.

Brian is a dog. Not a white guy.

http://memecrunch.com...

That's not really relevant considering his character is every bit as human as anyone else in that show.

https://www.youtube.com...
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2014 6:45:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Something I don't understand is why racial pejoratives are weighted so much more heavily than regular pejoratives.

Our language and culture is full of pejoratives from as$hole to retard to honky. Yet whenever someone utters a racial pejorative everyone freaks out... but I don't get why?

Are people that sensitive about their culture and skin color etc? To me they're no better/worse than any other type of demeaning pejorative.