Jump to topic:

White Man the Conquerer? (See for more)

MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:37:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do you think European society got to America and conquered it? Why do you think European society went to Africa and started taking people for slaves? More importantly, why do you think Europeans got to Africa and America before Africa and America got to Europe and conquered Europe?
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 7:50:10 PM
At 2/22/2014 7:37:40 PM, MyDinosaurHands wrote:
Why do you think European society got to America and conquered it? Why do you think European society went to Africa and started taking people for slaves? More importantly, why do you think Europeans got to Africa and America before Africa and America got to Europe and conquered Europe?

Europeans most likely came from Africa, so in a sense Africa did conquer Europe.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 8:10:42 PM
At 2/22/2014 7:50:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Europeans most likely came from Africa, so in a sense Africa did conquer Europe.
The out of Africa myth is not true... Animals, our ancestors included, have been migrating from one place to another for a very very long time. Saying we came from Africa is as good as saying we came from anywhere else.
Like now there are different races, in the past there were similarly "races". Like neanderthals, and some others the names I don't remember, probably some that haven't even been discovered. They migrated and interbred.
Our ancestors have come out of Africa many times, just as they have come out of Asia many times, and from wherever else.
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 8:14:03 PM
Capitalism. Greed. Ignorance. Narrow and short-mindedness. Utter stupidity. Delusions. Insanity.
MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 9:43:21 PM
At 2/22/2014 8:14:03 PM, nummi wrote:
Capitalism. Greed. Ignorance. Narrow and short-mindedness. Utter stupidity. Delusions. Insanity.

Why do you think white people are more prone to those things? Or at least, the Europeans in that age.
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
nummi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 10:34:31 PM
At 2/22/2014 9:43:21 PM, MyDinosaurHands wrote:
At 2/22/2014 8:14:03 PM, nummi wrote:

Why do you think white people are more prone to those things? Or at least, the Europeans in that age.
It has to do with the mind. And with overall diet... again.
Reduced nutrition compared to what we were evolved to, and still are. Everything was once raw, only raw. Then came cooking - destroyed nutrients, plus toxins were created, and reduced water content. Then came grains - something their bodies were not adapted to, not even evolved to use, and now they are known to include toxic substances that mess with the brain, with immune system, with the blood system, with the entire body. Grains have a sort of addictive effect; they also make you feel "well", as if you are satisfied, even though you are in deep sh!t - so if you eat some you will probably eat more if you aren't aware (back then they definitely were not aware, and probably one reason grains were and are so widely used as food, even though they are not food, not for humans). As well milk - this is not adult food; each gender has it's own kind of milk nutritionally speaking, and each species has it's own milk nutritionally speaking, then each stage of growth has it's own milk nutritionally speaking (as long as the child is in suckling age); the only milk for humans is from a woman's breast and it is only for small babies and small children; milk is not adult food; milk from other animals has substances in it that to some people are severely toxic, even when milk is raw, when it is heated it is even worse.
Severe nutritional deficiency and severe toxic overload. As a result the body simply cannot work as it should. The brain cannot work as it should. As a result will be far more susceptible to false perceptions, miscomprehensions, delusions, etc.

Technological and scientific success of Europeans comes from the temperate and polar climate. Winters were cold and the only way to survive was by manipulating the environment, by creating warmth somehow. They were forced to think more by the environment they lived in, as compared to other peoples elsewhere (peoples who almost all lived in warmer climates). Yet summers were warm and plentiful of easily obtainable food, so a time to relax and think how to have an easier life in the future in general. Then add the effect of false diet onto this, a result of which is the body not working right, the mind not working right.

What was then was then, now it is even worse. The more processed foods are and the more toxins we consume the more severe our health will be.

Conquering and dominating others goes completely against survival. It is pointless, working together toward one goal is much more rewarding than killing and abusing others for personal gain that in truth gives absolutely nothing toward overall survival. And what good of personal "gain" if the world, in which it matters through some fantasy/delusion, is being destroyed by the dictates of personal "gain" itself? Yeah... it is far worse now than back then.
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 10:56:05 PM
Why do you think European society got to America

Exploration, and to escape religious persecution.

and conquered it?

Because the natives weren't as advanced and the Europeans wanted their stuff.

Why do you think European society went to Africa

Same reasons.

and started taking people for slaves?

They didn't take slaves, they just bought them from the locals. Africans were doing a damn good job of enslaving each other.

More importantly, why do you think Europeans got to Africa and America before Africa and America got to Europe and conquered Europe?

Because Europe is smaller and not as landlocked, which necessitated a greater emphasis on naval combat. Better ships makes it easier to explore distant continents.

There's no moral reasoning here. We're just animals, doing what animals do.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 1:45:43 AM

It primarily had to do with the plundering and colonizing MO of the ruling classes of Europe, which they were able to direct and express against other human societies in other parts of the world as a result of being favored by various environmental, geographical, and historical factors.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2014 2:05:24 AM
At 2/23/2014 1:45:43 AM, charleslb wrote:

It primarily had to do with the plundering and colonizing MO of the ruling classes of Europe, which they were able to direct and express against other human societies in other parts of the world as a result of being favored by various environmental, geographical, and historical factors.

Perhaps I should elaborate. Being favored by certain environmental, geographical, and historical factors enabled European societies to develop the technological means and wherewithal to subject other peoples to their exploitative, expropriative, and imperialistic MO. An MO, by the way, which the West's capitalist elite is of course still engaged in ruthlessly subjecting much of humankind to in the form of globalism and the imposition of neoliberal "structural adjustment" programs on Third-World economies.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.