Jump to topic:

Police Response Time

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 1:19:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is often complained that police response time is lower for poorer neighborhood than richer ones. The reasons given are often socioeconomic or racial discrimination.

Do you think this is true, or is the reason pragmatic in nature?
My work here is, finally, done.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 5:18:12 PM
I don't know whether it's true, but it is absolutely a fact that wealthy people are considered more important than the poor in everyday matters of life.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2014 6:18:08 PM
At 3/3/2014 1:19:21 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
It is often complained that police response time is lower for poorer neighborhood than richer ones. The reasons given are often socioeconomic or racial discrimination.

It is more likely that there would be more cops in wealthy areas (especially in the suburbs) because of more tax money to spend on cops and their toys (cars, guns, etc.). But, in other areas, I can imagine that there are some places (parts of Detroit and Chicago) that even the police are scared to go.
ADreamOfLiberty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 1:54:29 AM
At 3/3/2014 1:19:21 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I think they build the stations in richer neighborhoods and they patrol the richer neighborhoods more often.

Police folk like to feel welcome as much as the next guy, and the gangs are scary even when it's your job to keep an eye on them.
LOL, yeah, it's pretty amazing how they think they can "reason" with you. - Sidewalker, speaking of advocates for sexual deviancy.

So, my advice, Liberty, is to go somewhere else. Leave, and never come back. - YYW

And that's what I did. Contact me at http://www.edeb8.com... by the same user name if you have anything you'd like to say.