Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anti-contraception arguments?

RoeRoeRoeYourVote
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia
Evan_Shad
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 10:39:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would say that subtracting reproduction makes sex a fruitless act of pure pleasure, accomplishing no moral good and therefore unideal. It also generally just helps to separate society's idea of sex from reproduction, creating a positive environment for abortion, but I don't think this is a very significant difference. The former is important though.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 8:48:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 10:39:13 PM, Evan_Shad wrote:
I would say that subtracting reproduction makes sex a fruitless act of pure pleasure, accomplishing no moral good and therefore unideal. It also generally just helps to separate society's idea of sex from reproduction, creating a positive environment for abortion, but I don't think this is a very significant difference. The former is important though.

The Fool: LOL!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2014 8:54:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 10:39:13 PM, Evan_Shad wrote:
I would say that subtracting reproduction makes sex a fruitless act of pure pleasure, accomplishing no moral good and therefore unideal. It also generally just helps to separate society's idea of sex from reproduction, creating a positive environment for abortion, but I don't think this is a very significant difference. The former is important though.

I generally agree, but I think I would replace the notion of it fostering a positive environment for abortion with fostering a general moral attitude of immediate gratification, ignoring consequences of actions, and other "moral" consequences of a culture with pervasive casual encounters.

Obviously it's not what I believe, but it's the argument you would most likely see.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
LaurieHouse
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 2:37:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 10:39:13 PM, Evan_Shad wrote:
I would say that subtracting reproduction makes sex a fruitless act of pure pleasure, accomplishing no moral good and therefore unideal. It also generally just helps to separate society's idea of sex from reproduction, creating a positive environment for abortion, but I don't think this is a very significant difference. The former is important though.

I found your argument really hard to follow and understand. Are you saying that sex should only be used for reproduction and not for pleasure?
Evan_Shad
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2014 7:26:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/12/2014 2:37:40 PM, LaurieHouse wrote:
At 3/9/2014 10:39:13 PM, Evan_Shad wrote:
I would say that subtracting reproduction makes sex a fruitless act of pure pleasure, accomplishing no moral good and therefore unideal. It also generally just helps to separate society's idea of sex from reproduction, creating a positive environment for abortion, but I don't think this is a very significant difference. The former is important though.

I found your argument really hard to follow and understand. Are you saying that sex should only be used for reproduction and not for pleasure?

I don't think anything should be used for pleasure. There is nothing virtuous about the pursuit of pleasure, therefore it is contrary to Perfection. What is worse than not being morally maximal?
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)

"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:29:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:31:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 4:29:51 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:35:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 4:31:31 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:29:51 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!

The Fool: It shows in your reasoning..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
slo1
Posts: 4,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:41:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/12/2014 7:26:43 PM, Evan_Shad wrote:
At 3/12/2014 2:37:40 PM, LaurieHouse wrote:
At 3/9/2014 10:39:13 PM, Evan_Shad wrote:
I would say that subtracting reproduction makes sex a fruitless act of pure pleasure, accomplishing no moral good and therefore unideal. It also generally just helps to separate society's idea of sex from reproduction, creating a positive environment for abortion, but I don't think this is a very significant difference. The former is important though.

I found your argument really hard to follow and understand. Are you saying that sex should only be used for reproduction and not for pleasure?

I don't think anything should be used for pleasure. There is nothing virtuous about the pursuit of pleasure, therefore it is contrary to Perfection. What is worse than not being morally maximal?

Whooooooooooooooooa, hold on a min. When you say "pleasure" do you really mean all pleasures, such as reading fiction books or eating an ice cream cone?
slo1
Posts: 4,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 5:14:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?

No, because its still procreative in nature.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 5:15:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 4:35:08 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:31:31 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:29:51 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!

The Fool: It shows in your reasoning..

And your point is...?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 6:40:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 5:15:38 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:35:08 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:31:31 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:29:51 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!

The Fool: It shows in your reasoning..

And your point is...?

The Fool: My point exactly.

<(8D)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 6:41:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 6:40:12 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 5:15:38 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:35:08 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:31:31 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:29:51 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:05:52 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 12:04:16 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:52:57 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 11:49:38 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

The Fool: Perhaps it is your view, but some views are more foggy, or more clearer than others. And some people are blind even.

Would you say that your view of the world, is better or worse than it was, then when you were born?
If so, then it seems that, one may have a better view of the world, then another.
And perhaps this particular view, is not the greatest.

For is also true that computers were originally made, to simply compute, that is to make calculations. Now, obviously, since then, we have learned many kinds of uses for computers. That is, Just because, it was made, to do something, or serve a particular function, does not mean that we cannot use it for many other purposes..
Perhaps even better ones.

Should we stick to merely computing, and avoid debating or chatting, if there is a chance that people might spread false information across the Internet?


Lol. Using a computer for debate or chatting isn't a misuse of a computer though. If the use of the computer were so extreme that you neglected your other duties, then yes, this would be wrong since it's interfering with what you're obliged to do.

On the other hand, with contraceptives we're literally using our sexual faculties for nothing other than pleasure, while completely denying them their normal use. In my opinion this is equal to bulimia..

QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)



The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!

The Fool: It shows in your reasoning..

And your point is...?

The Fool: My point exactly.

<(8D)

That makes sense.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:06:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 6:41:47 PM, zmikecuber wrote:


QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)


The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!

The Fool: It shows in your reasoning..

And your point is...?

The Fool: My point exactly.

<(8D)

That makes sense.

The Fool: And you don't even know it.

<(89)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
slo1
Posts: 4,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:16:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 5:14:44 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?

No, because its still procreative in nature.

I don't understand. It is not procreative when a woman is in the infertile period of the cycle. Practice for when she is in the fertile portion of the cycle?
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:18:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 7:06:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 6:41:47 PM, zmikecuber wrote:


QED
Or perhaps you have a better argument.

Against The Ideologist.

Perhaps

<(89)


The Fool: Read it again, slowly, and then again tomorrow. And then respond.
<(XD)

Nah, I got better things to do with my time than feed trolls.

The Fool: Just not Sex.

<(XD)

Nope, not yet!

The Fool: It shows in your reasoning..

And your point is...?

The Fool: My point exactly.

<(8D)

That makes sense.

The Fool: And you don't even know it.


<(89)

http://1.media.todaysbigthing.cvcdn.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 7:21:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 7:16:55 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 5:14:44 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?

No, because its still procreative in nature.

I don't understand. It is not procreative when a woman is in the infertile period of the cycle. Practice for when she is in the fertile portion of the cycle?

There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect. Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation. Something is procreative in effect if it results in procreation.

I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 9:14:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 7:21:09 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 7:16:55 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 5:14:44 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?

No, because its still procreative in nature.

I don't understand. It is not procreative when a woman is in the infertile period of the cycle. Practice for when she is in the fertile portion of the cycle?

There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect. Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation. Something is procreative in effect if it results in procreation.

I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.(And I base this of absolutely nothing. ) PS: I also never had sex. And I don;t know what an argument is...

<(8D)

https://www.youtube.com...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 9:25:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 9:14:53 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 7:21:09 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 7:16:55 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 5:14:44 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?

No, because its still procreative in nature.

I don't understand. It is not procreative when a woman is in the infertile period of the cycle. Practice for when she is in the fertile portion of the cycle?

There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect. Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation. Something is procreative in effect if it results in procreation.

I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.

<(8D)

https://www.youtube.com...

I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t. So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 9:32:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 9:14:53 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 7:21:09 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 7:16:55 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 5:14:44 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/13/2014 4:49:05 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 3/13/2014 10:47:41 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 3/7/2014 8:44:11 PM, RoeRoeRoeYourVote wrote:
I've seriously never heard any good arguments against contraception, though plenty of conservative folks, especially the religious variety, are staunchly against it. (Which is weird, considering that they want to lower the abortion rate--easier access and better knowledge of birth control are actually bringing the rates down!)

So if you're anti-contraception, what's the logic behind your position? I legitimately want to know. ~Lucia

Because it's an abuse of our sexual faculties. It's like if we could invent a device so we could eat enormous amounts of foods without gaining any weight whatsoever. Whenever you completely deny the purpose of something by twisting it and pointing it solely towards pleasure, that's immoral in my view. Of course, there may be varying degrees, such as in some cases it may just be unwise. However, as regards to sex, this has to do with the upbringing of children, uniting two spouses, etc.

So sex between a married couple during the woman's infertile portion of her cycle is good or bad? If it is not for procreation, is it not for pleasure or is "uniting" something different than pleasure?

No, because its still procreative in nature.

I don't understand. It is not procreative when a woman is in the infertile period of the cycle. Practice for when she is in the fertile portion of the cycle?

There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect. Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation. Something is procreative in effect if it results in procreation.

I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.(And I base this of absolutely nothing. ) PS: I also never had sex. And I don;t know what an argument is...

<(8D)


zmikecuber: There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect.

The Fool: And why is that a Moral difference? Again?
<(XD)

zmikecuber: Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation.

The Fool: So it's Not even about Procreation, but "acting" in a way, like as if, it It was really procreation.

But it's not.. Actually procreating.

And so if you're "acting", that makes it's Moral, And if if you're not "acting", then it's Immoral.
<(8O)

And so If what you say is true, It's not a matter of being Moral but But just "acting" like you are?

Which gives birth to another question, who is the better actor here?

For it is obvious that I'm acting a fool. But much more scarier that you aren't.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 9:55:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 9:25:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect. Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation. Something is procreative in effect if it results in procreation.

I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.

<(8D)

https://www.youtube.com...

zmikecuber: I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t. So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

zmikecuber: I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t.

The Fool: And now I'm proud of you too, Even.
That's a very courageous sentence..
<(89)

I understand, that it probably doesn't pack the punch, that you are perhaps putting behind it. No pun Pretended.
<(XD)

zmikecuber: So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

The Fool: !?! What? Lol
<(8D)

P1. I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t.
C1 So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

Q.E.D
<(8D)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 9:58:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 9:55:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/13/2014 9:25:33 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
There's a difference between something procreative in nature, and something procreative in affect. Something is procreative in nature, if through the actions of the two people, they act in a way open to procreation. Something is procreative in effect if it results in procreation.

I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.

<(8D)

https://www.youtube.com...

zmikecuber: I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t. So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

zmikecuber: I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t.

The Fool: And now I'm proud of you too, Even.
That's a very courageous sentence..
<(89)

I understand, that it probably doesn't pack the punch, that you are perhaps putting behind it. No pun Pretended.
<(XD)

zmikecuber: So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

The Fool: !?! What? Lol
<(8D)

P1. I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t.
C1 So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

Q.E.D
<(8D)

Try this...

P1: Whatever someone takes pride in, they cannot be made to feel ashamed about that.
P2: I take pride in my virginity
C: I cannot be made to feel ashamed about it.

Valid BARBARA syllogism.

I'm flattered that you put that in your signature too! :)
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 10:20:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 9:58:51 PM, zmikecuber wrote:


I'm not saying that every time you have sex it has to be procreative in effect. This would make most sex immoral, since you don't always get pregnant from having sex.

<(8D)


zmikecuber: I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t. So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

zmikecuber: I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t.

The Fool: And now I'm proud of you too, Even.
That's a very courageous sentence..
<(89)

I understand, that it probably doesn't pack the punch, that you are perhaps putting behind it. No pun Pretended.
<(XD)

zmikecuber: So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

The Fool: !?! What? Lol
<(8D)

P1. I take pride in my virginity, dipsh*t.
C1 So sexually harassing me that way isn't going to work.

Q.E.D
<(8D)

Try this...

P1: Whatever someone takes pride in, they cannot be made to feel ashamed about that.

The Fool: If this is true, Is it???
If so then why would my signature, bother you to even mention it.
<(89)

Ma Monkey: And another one..

The Fool: Either way, that doesn't make it not funny.

Ma Monkey: And another one..

The Fool: In fact, it makes it a contradiction, and so doubly funny.

Ma Monkey: And another one..

The Fool: For remember, it is you shaming people who have sex, for other reasons than procreation.
<(8O)

Ma Monkey: And another one..

The Fool: For I never said it was bad, or immoral to not have sex.
In fact, it was you, who said, it was bad to have sex, when not procreating.

Ma Monkey: And another one..

zmikecuber:: P2: I take pride in my virginity

Ma Monkey: And another one....

zmikecuber: I cannot be made to feel ashamed about it.

The Fool: And I respect your opinion.
<(89)

Ma Monkey: And another one....

zmikecuber:: Valid BARBARA syllogism.

The Fool: Circular, and self validating.. even. Barbara, said your weak.

zmikecuber:: I'm flattered that you put that in your signature too! :)

The Fool: Yes flattered enough to cry out rape.

Ma Monkey: And another one....

The Fool: I'm flattered the your that afraid of me.
<(8D)

Ma Monkey: And another one....

Against The Ideologist

Ma Monkey: And another one....

<(8X)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL