Jump to topic:

Most Under Appreciated Social Contributors

pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 3:07:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
All cultures have them. People who didn't get enough recognition (if any at all) in their time or in our social history at all, yet they had a significant effect on how their society functioned.
I'm curious who you feel is some of the most under appreciated people whom should receive recognition for our societies progression (or digression).
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2014 4:54:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/13/2014 3:07:31 PM, pozessed wrote:
All cultures have them. People who didn't get enough recognition (if any at all) in their time or in our social history at all, yet they had a significant effect on how their society functioned.
I'm curious who you feel is some of the most under appreciated people whom should receive recognition for our societies progression (or digression).

Scientists and mathematicians as a whole are grossly under appreciated. Just recall how many people who say, "I'm terrible at math" versus those who say, "I'm terrible at reading" and one can start to understand why they are unappreciated.

One day we will all be having happy hour in our car as it drives us home. The credit will go to the Elan Musks and Steve Jobs of the world, rather than the people who actually enabled the technology.