Jump to topic:

Ali

Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 1:04:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm watching the movie "Ali" with Will Smith, and he just made a speech in front of the press about his draft dodging that I thought was pretty damn good.

"I ain't draft-dodgin.' I ain't burnin' no flag. And I ain't runnin' to Canada. I'm stayin' right here.

You wanna send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I've been in jail for 400 years. I can be there for 4 or 5 more.

But I ain't goin' no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I wanna die, I'll die right here, right now fightin' you -- if I wanna die.

You my enemy. Not no Chinese, no Viet Cong, no Japanese.

You my opposer -- when I want freedom.

You my opposer -- when I want justice.

You my opposer -- when I want equality.

Want me to go to somewhere and I fight for you. You won't even stand up for me right here in America for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won't even stand up for me right here at home."
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 1:35:14 PM
At 1/26/2010 1:23:31 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Why, what do you like about it?

That it's true.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 1:40:43 PM
At 1/26/2010 1:23:31 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Why, what do you like about it?

People tend to like things they agree with, lol.

And I agree, it is a good speech.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:24:44 PM
At 1/26/2010 1:04:02 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I'm watching the movie "Ali" with Will Smith, and he just made a speech in front of the press about his draft dodging that I thought was pretty damn good.

"I ain't draft-dodgin.' I ain't burnin' no flag. And I ain't runnin' to Canada. I'm stayin' right here.

You wanna send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I've been in jail for 400 years. I can be there for 4 or 5 more.

But I ain't goin' no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I wanna die, I'll die right here, right now fightin' you -- if I wanna die.

Want me to go to somewhere and I fight for you. You won't even stand up for me right here in America for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won't even stand up for me right here at home."

*thumbs up*

As Ali put it, "Ain't no Viet Cong ever called me n----r."
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 2:25:20 PM

That's the goddamn truth. I watched the movie in theatres and hadn't understood it at the time. But it's true. When I hear of the horrors of racism in the U.S. in the 20th century it astounds me. Especially around the second world war.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 2:29:46 PM

Ha, that was one of my favourite parts of the movie.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 4:06:47 PM
Fair enough, I never liked the Real Ali anyway.

It's a nice speech, I agree on that, it just sounds basic thats all.

plus + Smiths accent??? I'm lost for words. Why?
'sup DDO -- july 2013