Jump to topic:

Predictions or Conspiracy Theories

Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:40:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions about coming events or conspiracy theories you think will unfold in the next five or ten years?

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the Pope will be assassinated and it will start World War 3. Sort of the same way the Archduke Franz Ferdinand was killed. I just don't see it ending well for him.

Three years ago I would of said Obama was getting ready to throw people into the FEMA camps, lol. Conspiracy theories are very alluring.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 6:42:02 PM
At 3/22/2014 11:40:59 PM, Nebelous wrote:
Does anyone have any predictions about coming events or conspiracy theories you think will unfold in the next five or ten years?

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the Pope will be assassinated and it will start World War 3. Sort of the same way the Archduke Franz Ferdinand was killed. I just don't see it ending well for him.

Three years ago I would of said Obama was getting ready to throw people into the FEMA camps, lol. Conspiracy theories are very alluring.

http://politicalhumor.about.com...
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 10:48:37 PM
Conspiracy theories aren't alluring forever :P

I would watch Unsolved Mysteries when I was a kid, until I got old enough to realize that my desire for these "mysteries" to be true (i.e., ghosts, aliens, etc.) was the only thing actually keeping me interested.

Corruption is a non-zero attribute of any political structure, but popularized myths are probably not an accurate measure of it.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:00:41 AM
At 3/24/2014 2:10:33 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I still watch conspiracy theory videos every now and again just to keep up on the crazy.

Woah. I suddenly lost my life's purpose.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 5:49:56 AM

Yes to some people they are. Now here is the question............WHY ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 11:55:34 AM
At 3/24/2014 5:00:41 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I still watch conspiracy theory videos every now and again just to keep up on the crazy.

Dude, all my friends think it's the apocalypse. You gotta keep up on that sh*t.
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:52:34 PM
At 3/24/2014 11:55:34 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Why? If anything is predictable it would be that any major event which is perceived to be negative in some sense(such as a bombing, war or an assassination) would have a conspiracy theory related to the government or a group of people that control the world. The moment that event happens I can already visualize most (if not all) of the fucked-up theories of conspiracy theorists.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 1:56:41 PM
At 3/24/2014 1:52:34 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 3/24/2014 11:55:34 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Why? If anything is predictable it would be that any major event which is perceived to be negative in some sense(such as a bombing, war or an assassination) would have a conspiracy theory related to the government or a group of people that control the world. The moment that event happens I can already visualize most (if not all) of the fucked-up theories of conspiracy theorists.

Same. And I don't watch them too often. But conspiracy theories are definitely a big thing. I just like knowing where my friends are at.
Nebelous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 6:55:32 PM
At 3/24/2014 5:49:56 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Yes to some people they are. Now here is the question............WHY ?

Are you asking me? If yes, then they are alluring because you start with a premise hoping to prove it right. This can be used for almost anything, like dogs control the world. There's no evidence of dogs ruling the world, but people could still argue the case.

How is this alluring? Because you can create proof. When you have control of the variables you can design the outcome.

/F8/