Jump to topic:

i need a answer if anybdy can help!

brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 4:31:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
im finna be 19years old (even though my age dont count) and im orriaginally from miami florida so im not to familar with north carolina state regulations and laws and this is where i am living for a while. however my boyfriend is 17 and is emanisapated, my question is can we get married even though he is age wise still a minor but legally an adult? please help me out
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 4:54:50 PM
aint ask for that but ummmmm ok ha

So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 5:17:10 PM
At 1/29/2010 4:31:42 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
im finna be 19years old (even though my age dont count) and im orriaginally from miami florida so im not to familar with north carolina state regulations and laws and this is where i am living for a while. however my boyfriend is 17 and is emanisapated, my question is can we get married even though he is age wise still a minor but legally an adult? please help me out

aids
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 5:37:58 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:P7xF0-anD6UJ:www.sog.unc.edu/pubs/electronicversions/pdfs/rca/ch4.pdf+north+carolina+emancipated+minor+marriage&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

In the absence of contrary law not mentioned by this article, I would presume an emancipated 17 year old holds their own "legal agency" by definition and thus is only required to seek their own written consent in the state of North Carolina.

I would, however, have to advise him not to marry you unless he plans to make enough to do all the work in the house and finds you very hot. Your post doesn't speak highly of your brainpower.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:04:52 PM
lmao people calling me dumb and dont even know me stfu and smd ha

Tupac Shakur
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:47:38 PM
Brook we were your age once, and we know that any decision you make now to marry is overwhelmingly likely to be regretted sometime in the next few years. I'm sure you feel invincible and want to challenge the odds, but hey... We also remember how stubborn we were at your age! Unfortunately, most of us are just going to make fun of you for it instead of trying to educate you on what to do.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:51:03 PM
At 1/29/2010 6:47:38 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Brook we were your age once, and we know that any decision you make now to marry is overwhelmingly likely to be regretted sometime in the next few years. I'm sure you feel invincible and want to challenge the odds, but hey... We also remember how stubborn we were at your age! Unfortunately, most of us are just going to make fun of you for it instead of trying to educate you on what to do.

hmmm.... make fun of me? thanks for the advice but cant nobody on the internet say something to hurt my feelings lmao maybe my internet feelings ha

Tupac Shakur
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 6:57:31 PM
At 1/29/2010 6:51:03 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:

hmmm.... make fun of me? thanks for the advice but cant nobody on the internet say something to hurt my feelings lmao maybe my internet feelings ha

Do not get married now. You are too young. Explore the world, venture into the field of dating, and see if anyone better comes around. Why stay for one guy? You can always do better ;)

Heck, don't plan on being tied down at all. Why stress about marriage, possibility of kids, etc. Marriage leads to so many burdens. Don't get played by society's value of its institution. Like most things in society, 'tis corrupt. Don't get in a commitment so young.
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:03:47 PM
At 1/29/2010 6:57:31 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Do not get married now. You are too young. Explore the world, venture into the field of dating, and see if anyone better comes around. Why stay for one guy? You can always do better ;):
Heck, don't plan on being tied down at all. Why stress about marriage, possibility of kids, etc. Marriage leads to so many burdens. Don't get played by society's value of its institution. Like most things in society, 'tis corrupt. Don't get in a commitment so young.

lol i appreciate your oppinon i really do but im still dabating on it at this time

Tupac Shakur
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:14:05 PM
At 1/29/2010 7:03:47 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
At 1/29/2010 6:57:31 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Do not get married now. You are too young. Explore the world, venture into the field of dating, and see if anyone better comes around. Why stay for one guy? You can always do better ;):

lol i appreciate your oppinon i really do but im still dabating on it at this time

I'd have to say the same thing. He may be the right guy, but at least just date for a few years and find out for sure. Don't jump into something just to find out that later after you've grown a family, that he isn't the one for you. So many lives get ruined from divorce. If your man really loves you, he will wait a few years first before marrying you.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:18:17 PM
for the last few posts i like to thnk you for giving me your honest oppinion instead of some of these negative people on here i mean we have the diffrent race isse which to us it dont matter (im cuban and white he is jamacan)which does not really have to do with this topic but it brings me to my next point that people are going to judge/hate on anbody for any reason

but to conclude what im saying i think that im going to wait so again thank you

Tupac Shakur
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:27:44 PM
At 1/29/2010 7:18:17 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
for the last few posts i like to thnk you for giving me your honest oppinion instead of some of these negative people on here i mean we have the diffrent race isse which to us it dont matter (im cuban and white he is jamacan)which does not really have to do with this topic but it brings me to my next point that people are going to judge/hate on anbody for any reason

but to conclude what im saying i think that im going to wait so again thank you

I despise how most people at my Catholic school detest interracial unions and relationships. It blows my mind. If I end up tieing the knot with someone (which is highly unlikely), it does not matter what race / culture she is as long as she appeals to what I look for in a woman. (Sadly, no woman can be perfect)

I can understand your feelings for this man, but you always have to keep your guard up. Don't trust anyone; not even yourself at certain points. Keep him guessing and wanting more. You will find that most women can feasibly manipulate men in matters of seconds. Not so easy to get past me, though ;)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:36:38 PM
Why do you want to get married? It won't enhance your relationship, it'll ruin it. Just another way for government to get in your life.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:38:52 PM
At 1/29/2010 7:36:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do you want to get married? It won't enhance your relationship, it'll ruin it. Just another way for government to get in your life.

Bingo!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 7:58:14 PM
At 1/29/2010 6:04:52 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:

According to your profile, you don't even HAVE the correct anatomy for that.

And if you do, you cannot marry your boyfriend in North Carolina.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 8:28:35 PM
Why would you ask a debate forum this question when it is so simple to google the answer? Oh wait, I think I know.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 8:30:11 PM
At 1/29/2010 8:28:35 PM, OreEle wrote:
Why would you ask a debate forum this question when it is so simple to google the answer? Oh wait, I think I know.

Let me google that for you!
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 10:17:00 PM
At 1/29/2010 4:31:42 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:
I am fixing to be 19-years old (even though my age does not count) and I am originally from Miami, Florida, so I am not too familiar with North Carolina state-regulations and laws and this is where I am living for a while. However, my boyfriend is 17 and is emancipated; my question is: can we get married even though he is age-wise still a minor but legally an adult? Please help me out. [Translated by H. G. S.]

How can he be a minor yet legally an adult?
honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 10:18:30 PM

Lol @ serious response
honkerburger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 10:19:19 PM
At 1/29/2010 6:04:52 PM, brooke_bowen wrote:

I know you can't spell.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend