Jump to topic:

Why do people cover their mouths?

jaksunmadness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:39:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Women do it when they see something that excites or surprise them, sometimes when they see something that makes them sad. Some men do this as well but it's more rare for them to do it. Men that think they're rappers or are into hip hop culture also cover their mouth while they mutter something like when someone else says something he shouldn't say they cover their mouth and with a grin says something. I don't understand why people cover their mouths for these things. Only time I cover my mouth is when I'm about to sneeze.
Technition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2014 11:44:20 PM
At 4/3/2014 11:39:52 PM, jaksunmadness wrote:
Women do it when they see something that excites or surprise them, sometimes when they see something that makes them sad. Some men do this as well but it's more rare for them to do it. Men that think they're rappers or are into hip hop culture also cover their mouth while they mutter something like when someone else says something he shouldn't say they cover their mouth and with a grin says something. I don't understand why people cover their mouths for these things. Only time I cover my mouth is when I'm about to sneeze.
Not all rap culture is the same, you must be referring to the mainstream "rapper's" on the radio...
To bad I can't have all caps...
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 5:07:30 PM
To hide giggles? To make sure nothing flies in while the mouth is open? To prevent your soul from escaping?

Seriously though, it have to do with instinct, although there is a possibility culture have something to do with it. It could be in order to prevent sound, calm self, or simply a reaction to jaw dropping.