Jump to topic:

Human sexuality is innate?

intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 3:34:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It appears that a multitude of individuals are profoundly convinced that human sexuality is ultimately a selective process which is devoid of inherent factors such as genetic and hormonal.

I am aware that this topic is prevalent and is also frequently disputed controversially. What are your assessments?
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:15:53 AM
At 4/8/2014 3:34:10 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
It appears that a multitude of individuals are profoundly convinced that human sexuality is ultimately a selective process which is devoid of inherent factors such as genetic and hormonal.

I am aware that this topic is prevalent and is also frequently disputed controversially. What are your assessments?

It's not proven. There is evidence to support it, but it is not proven (yet). And while stufies suggest this, they also show that environmental factors play a larger role.

If it was completely innate, the number of homosexuals in proportion to the population would remain constant throughout history, which is not the case. Today there is a significantly larger percentage of homosexuals than a few hundred years ago.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:16:48 AM
At 4/12/2014 11:15:53 AM, Defro wrote:

It's not proven. There is evidence to support it, but it is not proven (yet). And while stufies suggest this, they also show that environmental factors play a larger role.

If it was completely innate, the number of homosexuals in proportion to the population would remain constant throughout history, which is not the case. Today there is a significantly larger percentage of homosexuals than a few hundred years ago.

*studies
-sorry about the typo
OliveJuice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 9:43:03 PM

Or there are just more homosexuals with the ability to understand and reveal their sexuality to the public.
.Innocence is news to me.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:30:34 AM

How did you acquire those figures?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:31:52 AM
At 4/16/2014 6:30:34 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

I didn't acquire them. I made an assumption, that I feel is likely correct. Feel free to look it up and correct me if I'm wrong.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:32:05 AM

I think genetics and hormones influence human sexuality.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:37:16 AM
At 4/16/2014 6:31:52 AM, Defro wrote:

I didn't acquire them. I made an assumption, that I feel is likely correct. Feel free to look it up and correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you believe we have accurate figures on the subject for me to "look it up"?

May the best man win!
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:44:24 AM
At 4/16/2014 6:37:16 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Yes we do. There's a whole Wikipedia page dedicated to LGBT demographics. And it turns out I was right, there are a lot more homosexuals today than a few decades ago. Although this might be because there are just more people in general today than a few decades ago.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:53:01 AM
At 4/16/2014 6:44:24 AM, Defro wrote:

Yes we do. There's a whole Wikipedia page dedicated to LGBT demographics. And it turns out I was right, there are a lot more homosexuals today than a few decades ago. Although this might be because there are just more people in general today than a few decades ago.

Some important information - " Most of the studies listed below rely on self-report data, which poses challenges to researchers inquiring into sensitive subject matter. More importantly, the studies tend to pose two sets of questions. One set examines self-report data of same-sex sexual experiences and attractions while the other set examines self-report data of personal identification as homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual. Fewer research subjects identify as homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual than report having sexual experiences or attraction to a person of the same sex."

https://en.wikipedia.org...

May the best man win!
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:37:22 AM
At 4/16/2014 6:44:24 AM, Defro wrote:

Is it not the case that in ancient Greece sex was sex? It doesn't seem to me that they got hung up over whether it was a man or a woman. I guess I'm saying you might be correct? Hah. I have the suspicion there are a huge number of non-practising bisexuals due to social influences