Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Fanath tries to make a post on gay marriage.

Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2014 11:27:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I want to start off by saying I'm not gay.

I find it ridiculous that we live in a world where gays are still denied the right to marry whatever person they may love. We live in the 21st century. A gay person living a happy life will not affect you in a negative way, unless you enjoy others pain suffering. (Insert fundamentalist against a person's relationship due to an ancient book here) should not have any influence about the person they may marry. You are not there big brother, with rights to tell them what they can or can not do.
Dude... Stop...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 11:49:42 PM
At 4/23/2014 11:27:13 PM, Fanath wrote:

I find it ridiculous that we live in a world where gays are still denied the right to marry whatever person they may love. We live in the 21st century. A gay person living a happy life will not affect you in a negative way, unless you enjoy others pain suffering. (Insert fundamentalist against a person's relationship due to an ancient book here) should not have any influence about the person they may marry. You are not there big brother, with rights to tell them what they can or can not do.

Who the hell tells gays they can't live together?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 4:35:01 AM
At 4/26/2014 11:49:42 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Some homophobic theists.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 8:38:29 AM
At 4/27/2014 4:35:01 AM, XLAV wrote:

Some homophobic theists.

Most people who are against gay marriage don't say that. I've personally never met a person who said that...

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 9:14:16 AM

I was talking about marriage. I never touched on them living together because they already can.
Dude... Stop...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 9:15:50 AM
At 4/27/2014 9:14:16 AM, Fanath wrote:

I was talking about marriage. I never touched on them living together because they already can.

Oh. Well then what does "You are not there big brother, with rights to tell them what they can or can not do." mean? Because they're the ones who want everyone to recognize their relationship.

Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 9:26:16 AM
At 4/27/2014 9:15:50 AM, zmikecuber wrote:

Oh. Well then what does "You are not there big brother, with rights to tell them what they can or can not do." mean?

It means you don't have control over their lives, you aren't entitled to decide what they do. The rest of the paragraph's focused on marriage so it's heavily implied that it was saying you don't have rights to tell them they can't marry each other.

Because, they're the ones who want everyone to recognize their relationship.

No, but some gays maybe. But let's assume you're right, that's why they want to get married... "For attention" There's no reason that it should be okay for straight people to make that claim and get married, yet gay people are denied the right to claim that.

If that's the only thing marriage brings to us, then why do you even care if it's legalized? Will it hurt to allow them to officially say they're in a relationship?

So you shouldn't even care...

"Banning gay marriage serves no legitimate governmental purpose"

Are you against it because of religion?
Dude... Stop...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 9:38:21 AM
At 4/27/2014 9:26:16 AM, Fanath wrote:

Oh. Well then what does "You are not there big brother, with rights to tell them what they can or can not do." mean?

It means you don't have control over their lives, you aren't entitled to decide what they do. The rest of the paragraph's focused on marriage so it's heavily implied that it was saying you don't have rights to tell them they can't marry each other.

No, but some gays maybe. But let's assume you're right, that's why they want to get married... "For attention" There's no reason that it should be okay for straight people to make that claim and get married, yet gay people are denied the right to claim that.

If that's the only thing marriage brings to us, then why do you even care if it's legalized? Will it hurt to allow them to officially say they're in a relationship?

The elephant in the room is homosexuality.

So you take a person who has a big problem with homosexuality, you ask them hey should we allow same sex marriage.........and wow their answer is no.

Take a guess what happens when they asked people who had a big problem with race mixing whether interracial marriage should be allowed ? I know right, big surprise their answer is no.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 9:42:56 AM
At 4/27/2014 9:38:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

So you take a person who has a big problem with homosexuality, you ask them hey should we allow same sex marriage.........and wow their answer is no.

Take a guess what happens when they asked people who had a big problem with race mixing whether interracial marriage should be allowed ? I know right, big surprise their answer is no.

I know, I'm wondering why they're against it. There's literally no legitimate governmental purpose for banning it, especially in America.
Dude... Stop...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 9:51:49 AM
At 4/27/2014 9:42:56 AM, Fanath wrote:
At 4/27/2014 9:38:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

I know, I'm wondering why they're against it. There's literally no legitimate governmental purpose for banning it, especially in America.

Like I said, it's the homosexuality, we all have out likes and dislikes, even hates. Some people have a hatred of homosexuality. It causes an emotional response in people, in some people even rage/revulsion.

Yeah but why do some people have such an emotional response and other don't ?

Why does the though of a black man & white woman send some people into such a emotional response ?

Well there are theories..............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 10:05:20 AM

Do you believe the same about incestuous couples, too? How about a man with two wives?
They don't hurt anyone.
My work here is, finally, done.
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 10:21:22 AM
At 4/27/2014 10:05:20 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Do you believe the same about incestuous couples, too? How about a man with two wives?
They don't hurt anyone.

The real question isn't: "If two men can marry, why not a man and two wives?" But rather: "If a man and a woman can marry, why not allow two men?"

Why not allow a man and his sister, or a woman and his brother? Those are examples of hetrosexual couples, right?

The question can just be re-phrased and easily used against you.
Dude... Stop...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 10:24:20 AM
At 4/27/2014 10:21:22 AM, Fanath wrote:
At 4/27/2014 10:05:20 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

They don't hurt anyone.

The real question isn't: "If two men can marry, why not a man and two wives?" But rather: "If a man and a woman can marry, why not allow two men?"

Why not allow a man and his sister, or a woman and his brother? Those are examples of hetrosexual couples, right?

The question can just be re-phrased and easily used against you.

I am testing your intellectual integrity.
I have no problem with all three, with the caveat of a mandatory will for poly, because I don't see a point to government sponsoring marriage at all anymore.

So, if love is all that matters, do you agree that love is all that matters, between consenting adults?
My work here is, finally, done.