Americans are....what?

Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 9:15:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Americans not confident Big Bang or evolution is real, poll shows

Okay, so I was scrolling down my list of interesting articles I have salvaged from my history, and this was open.

I thought DDo would want to read this:

http://www.cbsnews.com...

"Americans have little doubt about the scientific evidence that smoking can cause cancer. However, a bigger portion of Americans still question some of the basic concepts of modern science, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

In the survey, with a representative sample of 1,012 U.S. adults age 18 or older, respondents were asked to rate their confidence in several statements about science and medicine.

What the survey revealed was surprising. Overall, Americans show more skepticism than confidence in the scientific concept that a Big Bang created the universe 13.8 billion years ago.

There was also considerable doubt about the science behind global warming and the age of the Earth.

The most broadly accepted scientific statement was that smoking causes cancer, with a whopping 82 percent of respondents saying they were extremely or very confident that it did."

If you see the graph presented in the article, you would see that the age of the earth is the most highly doubted. But I was looking down and I saw that 15% of the test responders were in high doubt about the safety of vaccines and evolution!

WHOOSH!
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:18:39 AM
http://images2.memedroid.com...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:27:55 AM
At 4/25/2014 9:15:38 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

Okay, so I was scrolling down my list of interesting articles I have salvaged from my history, and this was open.

"Americans have little doubt about the scientific evidence that smoking can cause cancer. However, a bigger portion of Americans still question some of the basic concepts of modern science, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

In the survey, with a representative sample of 1,012 U.S. adults age 18 or older, respondents were asked to rate their confidence in several statements about science and medicine.

What the survey revealed was surprising. Overall, Americans show more skepticism than confidence in the scientific concept that a Big Bang created the universe 13.8 billion years ago.

There was also considerable doubt about the science behind global warming and the age of the Earth.

The most broadly accepted scientific statement was that smoking causes cancer, with a whopping 82 percent of respondents saying they were extremely or very confident that it did."

If you see the graph presented in the article, you would see that the age of the earth is the most highly doubted. But I was looking down and I saw that 15% of the test responders were in high doubt about the safety of vaccines and evolution!

WHOOSH!

1: Polling was done to 1,012 US Adults, I did not see a State name.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 10:29:41 AM
At 4/25/2014 10:27:55 AM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:

WHOOSH!

The United States is what they mean, unless you're saying that the US is a medley of independent states.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 4:07:39 PM
At 4/25/2014 10:27:55 AM, Comrade_Silly_Otter wrote:

WHOOSH!

That's a very, very small sample size when you're trying to canvas the entire country of 300+ million with such claims.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 12:46:10 AM
I know intelligent atheists who doubt the Big Bang happened. Theories are revised all the time. Why should this one be written in stone?
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2014 10:19:00 AM
Most people don't spend much time studying cosmology...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.