Jump to topic:

Should more be done to combat "chavs"?

Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 1:23:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As a British term, I shall define a chav as being someone who was unpleasant, mean, often bullies others, consistently seeks attention, disrupts class to the point it irritates everyone and inhibits learning, violent, believes he or she is superior to others and generally enjoys causing pain to others. So yeah, basically the mean people in school who think they are higher and more mighty than everyone else.

I can't speak for Americans, but in Britain these sorts of people were the cause of major issues. During my first year of Secondary (High) School, kids (chavs) were kicked out of every class without fail, the teachers of certain classes spent half the time trying to discipline these people and generally the whole class would often suffer due to these peoples actions. Throughout my time at school, it was very clear how bad the behaviour issues were. Teachers simply can't even touch kids these days, chavs just get away with everything and they actively seek attention through their disruptive behaviour, not caring who they hurt, the learning they disrupt, and not even caring about the punishments they are given, seeing them as achievement in fact, rather than punishment.

Chavs are the source of bullying and like to hurt those that they consider below themselves. I personally have suffered at the hands of such people, and it is not just bullying, but it is generally the way that they treat others, with NO respect, teachers and fellow students alike.

Outside of school, these people tend to be the ones involved in youth crime and lets face it, are largely if not wholly responsible for giving teenagers a bad reputation. The 2011 England riots were full of these people who rioted simply for the sake of rioting.

It really feels like not nearly enough is done to combat the "Chav culture". Some chavs of course come from greatly deprived areas, yeah... so we are not tackling the ever increasing number in poverty in Britain? And regardless, many chavs are chavs for "popularity" in school and regardless of the bullies own circumstances, that is NOT an excuse to hurt other emotionally or physically.

Should more be done to done to combat this "culture"? Having been to a chav-ridden school, I certainly think so... It just feels like teachers are powerless to stop them and nothing is really being done to reduce youth crime cause by them.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 1:26:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So why are we are not tackling the ever increasing number in poverty in Britain?**
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"