Jump to topic:

Society and Religion.

Tyler5362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 12:50:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ever since I came to terms with religion and how morally wrong it is; I have never been happier. Ever since I found reality and became an atheist, I can see clearly past all the bullcrap that every religion spouts out. It saddens me to see people so blinded. I want to help them come to terms with reality but it is as impossible as trying to help an insane person come to terms with reality. Not only do they lack basic logic and knowledge but they are the definition of insanity. It, honestly, saddens me.

This is the reason why I became an atheist:

"A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God"-Deuteronomy 22:5

"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity"-Deuteronomy 25:12

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence"-1 Timothy 2:12

"God" seems to hate woman, along with cross dressers, figs, Gay people, divorce, and other religions. So tell me how is, "God," love?A279;
RaalTheWyvern
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 10:10:49 AM
At 4/30/2014 12:50:27 PM, Tyler5362 wrote:
Ever since I came to terms with religion and how morally wrong it is; I have never been happier. Ever since I found reality and became an atheist, I can see clearly past all the bullcrap that every religion spouts out. It saddens me to see people so blinded. I want to help them come to terms with reality but it is as impossible as trying to help an insane person come to terms with reality. Not only do they lack basic logic and knowledge but they are the definition of insanity. It, honestly, saddens me.

"A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God"-Deuteronomy 22:5

"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity"-Deuteronomy 25:12

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence"-1 Timothy 2:12

"God" seems to hate woman, along with cross dressers, figs, Gay people, divorce, and other religions. So tell me how is, "God," love?A279;

Archaic beliefs from an ancient time, unfit for modern society.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 3:17:41 PM

You talk about them as if they are lower life forms that need to be saved or from themselves.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 4:42:59 PM

You started your premise arguments against religion - many of which are plainly valid. However; you ended it with God is the problem... I find this interesting coming from a self proclaimed atheist. Having said that, I cannot help but believe your not actually a faithful atheist as you squarely put the blame on God. As I am sure you understand, God and religion are two separate things.

I agree - religion has serious issues with the role of woman in society. What does God have to do with this outside of what religions have demonstrated? Is your issue with God or is your issue with religion?