Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Males should be culled

Optimod
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!
Up yours!
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 6:18:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

But...who would take the rubbish out? You're not thinking things through.
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 6:25:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 6:18:01 AM, rross wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

But...who would take the rubbish out? You're not thinking things through.

Just a stupid joke. If there was some way of pretending someone else said it and not me, I would. But it's too late now.
neptune1bond
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 5:10:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

You say that men and boys are the source of evil and all the ills in society and then you talk about the extermination, elimination, and severe oppression of half of the entire world's population based on little more than your bigotry and sexism towards that gender rather than the actions of individual people. If you are female, then you have completely shown yourself to be a hypocrite by expressing extreme misandry (which is not somehow any "better" or "more justified" than misogyny). Besides, your idea that bad things will stop happening simply because men don't exist is naive at best if not completely ignorant, coupled with the fact that the entire human species would probably die off in one generation and not to mention your implication that a person's character is completely determined by his/her gender is absolutely ridiculous.

I also hate to burst your bubble, but the vast majority of women do not actually hate all men like you do and would probably defend themselves (and their sons, husbands, and male friends) through any means necessary against your attempts to hurt them, their loved ones, or any future unborn children that they may have. If you are a woman, then you are proof that women can have just as evil of intentions as any man (if you aren't then there are definitely women just like you, which still proves my point).

Just know that Hitler had very similar ideals as you and women who think like you when he tried to exterminate vast numbers of people in trying to form his "perfect" Aryan race and see how that sits with your idea of "culling the men". Your hatred, bigotry, and plans for world domination are not somehow any better than anyone else's and they make you and women like you just as evil as you claim any man to be. It would be nothing but evil to hold every man and male child responsible for the actions of a few while absolving all evil females of their crimes. Also, your implication of the suppression and possible enslavement of men under women is no better than the oppression of the LGBTQ community or the enslavement of black people.

I thank all that is good in this world that everything seems to be heading towards tolerance, acceptance, and equality rather than the hateful ideals of Hitler, the KKK, anti-LGBTQ, and extreme feminists like you (and anyone else with similar evil goals in mind).
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:08:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

But, without men, who would be wrong and be the source of all blame in society?
My work here is, finally, done.
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 9:07:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 6:25:21 AM, rross wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:18:01 AM, rross wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

But...who would take the rubbish out? You're not thinking things through.

Just a stupid joke. If there was some way of pretending someone else said it and not me, I would. But it's too late now.

Actually that was pretty funny. Well done!
Optimod
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 4:07:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:10:04 PM, neptune1bond wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

You say that men and boys are the source of evil and all the ills in society and then you talk about the extermination, elimination, and severe oppression of half of the entire world's population based on little more than your bigotry and sexism towards that gender rather than the actions of individual people. If you are female, then you have completely shown yourself to be a hypocrite by expressing extreme misandry (which is not somehow any "better" or "more justified" than misogyny). Besides, your idea that bad things will stop happening simply because men don't exist is naive at best if not completely ignorant, coupled with the fact that the entire human species would probably die off in one generation and not to mention your implication that a person's character is completely determined by his/her gender is absolutely ridiculous.

I also hate to burst your bubble, but the vast majority of women do not actually hate all men like you do and would probably defend themselves (and their sons, husbands, and male friends) through any means necessary against your attempts to hurt them, their loved ones, or any future unborn children that they may have. If you are a woman, then you are proof that women can have just as evil of intentions as any man (if you aren't then there are definitely women just like you, which still proves my point).

Just know that Hitler had very similar ideals as you and women who think like you when he tried to exterminate vast numbers of people in trying to form his "perfect" Aryan race and see how that sits with your idea of "culling the men". Your hatred, bigotry, and plans for world domination are not somehow any better than anyone else's and they make you and women like you just as evil as you claim any man to be. It would be nothing but evil to hold every man and male child responsible for the actions of a few while absolving all evil females of their crimes. Also, your implication of the suppression and possible enslavement of men under women is no better than the oppression of the LGBTQ community or the enslavement of black people.

I thank all that is good in this world that everything seems to be heading towards tolerance, acceptance, and equality rather than the hateful ideals of Hitler, the KKK, anti-LGBTQ, and extreme feminists like you (and anyone else with similar evil goals in mind).
You will find "irony" in a dictionary between "iron" and "irradiate". I am what I say I am in my profile. I love your passion but don't take life quite so seriously!!!
Up yours!
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 6:40:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

I bet a male wrote this! Males are no good dirt rotten lying scum bags.

If you think that through really hard you'll notice that I created a paradox.
Nolite Timere
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 10:36:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

Let's do it
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
neptune1bond
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 2:56:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 4:07:42 PM, Optimod wrote:
You will find "irony" in a dictionary between "iron" and "irradiate". I am what I say I am in my profile. I love your passion but don't take life quite so seriously!!!

Your profile only says that you are a 51 year old from the UK. And even if it did state your gender, that doesn't really mean anything considering there are male feminists with the same extreme views that you expressed in your first post. So, there was no reason for me to assume that you were being ironic unless I missed the part where you state that you might be trolling this website.

Also, I am fully aware of what the word irony means, but don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to go onto a website whose sole purpose is serious debate and discussion, make a post on what is an actual serious societal issue (sexism) in the society section (rather than the funny section), and then talk about irony and not taking things so seriously when someone begins a serious discussion and/or debate as is only reasonable and to be expected? That would be almost as ridiculous as going onto a website whose entire purpose was to post jokes and humorous media and then ask why no one takes you seriously when you want to discuss Miley Cyrus having weird sex with people in bear costumes and butt thumping Robin Thicke while he wears a Beetlejuice outfit at the Video Music Awards.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 9:45:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

If only your opinion counted.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 10:21:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:10:04 PM, neptune1bond wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

You say that men and boys are the source of evil and all the ills in society and then you talk about the extermination, elimination, and severe oppression of half of the entire world's population based on little more than your bigotry and sexism towards that gender rather than the actions of individual people. If you are female, then you have completely shown yourself to be a hypocrite by expressing extreme misandry (which is not somehow any "better" or "more justified" than misogyny). Besides, your idea that bad things will stop happening simply because men don't exist is naive at best if not completely ignorant, coupled with the fact that the entire human species would probably die off in one generation and not to mention your implication that a person's character is completely determined by his/her gender is absolutely ridiculous.

I also hate to burst your bubble, but the vast majority of women do not actually hate all men like you do and would probably defend themselves (and their sons, husbands, and male friends) through any means necessary against your attempts to hurt them, their loved ones, or any future unborn children that they may have. If you are a woman, then you are proof that women can have just as evil of intentions as any man (if you aren't then there are definitely women just like you, which still proves my point).

Just know that Hitler had very similar ideals as you and women who think like you when he tried to exterminate vast numbers of people in trying to form his "perfect" Aryan race and see how that sits with your idea of "culling the men". Your hatred, bigotry, and plans for world domination are not somehow any better than anyone else's and they make you and women like you just as evil as you claim any man to be. It would be nothing but evil to hold every man and male child responsible for the actions of a few while absolving all evil females of their crimes. Also, your implication of the suppression and possible enslavement of men under women is no better than the oppression of the LGBTQ community or the enslavement of black people.

I thank all that is good in this world that everything seems to be heading towards tolerance, acceptance, and equality rather than the hateful ideals of Hitler, the KKK, anti-LGBTQ, and extreme feminists like you (and anyone else with similar evil goals in mind).

I don't think s/he was serious...
Defro
Posts: 847
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 10:31:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

This would actually benefit the world in a way. This would significantly reduce the human population, which is good because we are reaching our carrying capacity.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 6:10:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/27/2014 10:31:06 PM, Defro wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

This would actually benefit the world in a way. This would significantly reduce the human population, which is good because we are reaching our carrying capacity.

What is our carrying capacity? How do you define "carrying capacity"?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
neptune1bond
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 7:08:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/27/2014 10:21:33 PM, kbub wrote:

I don't think s/he was serious...

Whether s/he was serious or not, there are a number of women (and men) who actually think this way as a result of extreme feminism and therefor it is a potential topic for serious discussion.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 7:25:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Reproduction?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
queenofmayhem
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 10:54:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You have no idea how many times I have thought this. But the more I think about it the more exceptions I make. There are many evil men out there, and evil women as well. Whether or not you can argue there are more evil men than women, you still cannot discredit the good.

Hate consumes. It really does. I have many many excuses that I can use to pardon a hatred for men, but that hurts only me in the long run.

Same goes for you.
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 1:51:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

0/10, will probably get half the site to bite.
NiamC
Posts: 905
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 11:33:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Don't cull males. Most of us are nice and alright.
I have nothing else to say
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Optimod
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 4:23:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 5:10:04 PM, neptune1bond wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

You say that men and boys are the source of evil and all the ills in society and then you talk about the extermination, elimination, and severe oppression of half of the entire world's population based on little more than your bigotry and sexism towards that gender rather than the actions of individual people. If you are female, then you have completely shown yourself to be a hypocrite by expressing extreme misandry (which is not somehow any "better" or "more justified" than misogyny). Besides, your idea that bad things will stop happening simply because men don't exist is naive at best if not completely ignorant, coupled with the fact that the entire human species would probably die off in one generation and not to mention your implication that a person's character is completely determined by his/her gender is absolutely ridiculous.

I also hate to burst your bubble, but the vast majority of women do not actually hate all men like you do and would probably defend themselves (and their sons, husbands, and male friends) through any means necessary against your attempts to hurt them, their loved ones, or any future unborn children that they may have. If you are a woman, then you are proof that women can have just as evil of intentions as any man (if you aren't then there are definitely women just like you, which still proves my point).

Just know that Hitler had very similar ideals as you and women who think like you when he tried to exterminate vast numbers of people in trying to form his "perfect" Aryan race and see how that sits with your idea of "culling the men". Your hatred, bigotry, and plans for world domination are not somehow any better than anyone else's and they make you and women like you just as evil as you claim any man to be. It would be nothing but evil to hold every man and male child responsible for the actions of a few while absolving all evil females of their crimes. Also, your implication of the suppression and possible enslavement of men under women is no better than the oppression of the LGBTQ community or the enslavement of black people.

I thank all that is good in this world that everything seems to be heading towards tolerance, acceptance, and equality rather than the hateful ideals of Hitler, the KKK, anti-LGBTQ, and extreme feminists like you (and anyone else with similar evil goals in mind).

The atrocities to which you refer were instigated by and perpetrated by er,...men! Women have never been big on extermination and enslavement. They are also reluctant to throw acid into the faces of young children because they have the audacity to attend school. My intention was to stimulate a vigorous response (I seem to have succeeded). I stand by my first two sentences. It was my deliberately - and oh so obviously - risible "solution" that was meant to be ironic.
Up yours!
neptune1bond
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 5:45:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/29/2014 4:23:24 PM, Optimod wrote:

The atrocities to which you refer were instigated by and perpetrated by er,...men! Women have never been big on extermination and enslavement. They are also reluctant to throw acid into the faces of young children because they have the audacity to attend school. My intention was to stimulate a vigorous response (I seem to have succeeded). I stand by my first two sentences. It was my deliberately - and oh so obviously - risible "solution" that was meant to be ironic.

The very sexism implied in your first two sentences in your first post that judges half of the worlds population based on stereotypes rather than simply judging the actions of the individuals involved is still hypocritical and evil and your misandry is still no better than anyone else's misogyny, racism, or homophobia. As far as the rest of your statement goes, you made a statement and I made a rebuttal as is appropriate on a debating website (or did you not realize that you are on debate.org?). The fact that you are trying to retract the rest of your statements in an attempt to appear a little less ridiculous is irrelevant.

Also, your idea that all societal problems are caused and perpetuated only by men is equally ridiculous. You are obviously mistaking correlation with causation. The fact that men have overwhelmingly been the ones to obtain positions of power according to societal norms does not change the fact that women are capable of (and would commit) just as evil of acts if the wrong women were to obtain the same positions of power. Back in the time of black slavery, there were just as many women holding slaves as men. Many women supported slavery and if a woman who held slaves back in that time had been in a position of power, then she would have worked just as hard as any man to keep them in bondage. There are also probably just as many women as men in religions that oppose LGBTQ rights. Do you think that they would suddenly oppose it less if they were in a political position? In addition, the vast majority or feminists that actually do want to harm, enslave, or even exterminate men (and not just "ironically"), are indeed women.

Even when talking about Hitler, we find record of some pretty d@mn evil women doing what they could to further "the cause" in the ways that they could at the time.

http://listverse.com...

Now, are you actually going to try and tell me that if these women were able to obtain the same level of power that Hitler had achieved that they couldn't possibly have committed as much evil? Who knows, maybe they could've done worse! The point is, they had just as much desire to kill Jewish people as anyone...

Either way, you still fail to explain how the evil acts of a few men should apply to me or any other men. Why should I or any man be held responsible for what anyone else does just because they happen to be the same gender? Should all black people be labeled as thieves and killers just because a few are in jail? It is nothing but ridiculous to assume that someone is capable of thievery, rape, kidnapping, murder, etc. simply because of his "maleness" or the fact that he has a penis.

It also is easy to try and accuse men as being more evil on average simply because they naturally tend to have more physical strength than women as a result of their increased testosterone (which of course is a hormone that encourages and stimulates muscle growth and men happen to have more of) and therefor, if a man is evil, he tends to work through more physical and obvious means. On the other hand, since a woman is not commonly physically built for brute force, she tends to work through less direct and physical means. I can't tell you how many times I've heard from my female friends (or sometimes even various women that I work with or went to school with) that they choose to have little or no female friends because of the horrible backbiting, gossiping, judgement, lying, "fakeness", and indirect cruelty that is perpetuated by women on average (according to them). It is women (and not men) that are frequently telling me that the horrible things that women do to each other can be far more damaging and devastating than anything they commonly experience from men personally. Again, I'd like to point out that I'm getting this information from women and not men and I have personally found this to be true as well. Just because these women (and girls) work their cruelty through those means instead of dumping someone into a trashcan or beating them up after class/work, it doesn't make it less harmful and it sure as h*ll doesn't make them better people. Besides, I probably only actually ran into one male *bully* throughout my entire time in grade school, but women were pulling the sh*t that I mentioned above through every single year I was in school and are still doing it in my workplace.

Also, if you want to talk about men and women in relationships, there is this common misconception that men lie and cheat all the time, but women rarely ever do.

http://www.statisticbrain.com...

57% of men and 54% of women admit to actually having committed infidelity in a relationship. Not all that different, is it? And that's assuming that they are telling the truth. There is reason to believe that women are more likely to lie and say that they do not cheat than men might be. In our society, women who are promiscuous are labeled as sluts and looked down upon but, on the other hand, men can be seen as studs and more successful in their ability to sleep with more women. Even when conducting an anonymous survey women are more likely to fear judgement or even judge themselves.

There is also good reason to believe that our society has a very skewed perspective on violence against men.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Men that face abuse or rape or much less likely to report it than even women, for not only can they have the same fears of retribution as women, but also society does not have as much empathy for men as they do women. Women have been shown to be much more likely to get out of any legal punishment for their crimes. Men who are abused or raped are much more likely to suffer ridicule or derision (or at least be looked down upon) by others than women and much less likely to illicit empathy. It fact, men who report rape will frequently be told that they are probably a "p*ssy" for allowing themselves to be abused if they really didn't want it, or that they actually liked it because,"men always want sex and he probably ended up enjoying it anyways." We would never accept this if said to a woman who had been raped, but when these things are said to a man, many people just nod their heads in agreement. Also, men are more likely to report it if their abuser is a man simply because it is seen as being a bit more "respectable" than if their abuser is a woman. This further skews the data and gives us an even more screwed up perception of the truth. This and the fact that women have been shown to be convicted far less frequently than men.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:04:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 6:10:21 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
What is our carrying capacity? How do you define "carrying capacity"?

Quote from my geography textbook: The maximum size of the population that the available resources of an area can support
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Fanath
Posts: 830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:13:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 6:10:21 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/27/2014 10:31:06 PM, Defro wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

This would actually benefit the world in a way. This would significantly reduce the human population, which is good because we are reaching our carrying capacity.

What is our carrying capacity? How do you define "carrying capacity"?

10 Billion humans.
Dude... Stop...
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 3:08:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 12:04:49 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 5/28/2014 6:10:21 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
What is our carrying capacity? How do you define "carrying capacity"?

Quote from my geography textbook: The maximum size of the population that the available resources of an area can support

Well that's a definition, anyone want a stab at the first question?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 3:08:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 12:13:51 PM, Fanath wrote:
At 5/28/2014 6:10:21 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/27/2014 10:31:06 PM, Defro wrote:
At 5/23/2014 5:12:34 AM, Optimod wrote:
Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society. Ranging from vandalism thru robbery with violence to rape, kidnap and murder. We should develop a drug which prevents the Y chromosome from forming in the womb. In 60 years or so we would be free of the male pollutant in society. In the meantime we need to introduce emergency legislation allowing women to dispose of men with impunity. They could even hold men culling parties on Friday nights. Can we do this? Yes we can! Let's make it happen people!

This would actually benefit the world in a way. This would significantly reduce the human population, which is good because we are reaching our carrying capacity.

What is our carrying capacity? How do you define "carrying capacity"?

10 Billion humans.

That's justified by?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Optimod
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 3:38:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 5:45:21 AM, neptune1bond wrote:
At 5/29/2014 4:23:24 PM, Optimod wrote:

The atrocities to which you refer were instigated by and perpetrated by er,...men! Women have never been big on extermination and enslavement. They are also reluctant to throw acid into the faces of young children because they have the audacity to attend school. My intention was to stimulate a vigorous response (I seem to have succeeded). I stand by my first two sentences. It was my deliberately - and oh so obviously - risible "solution" that was meant to be ironic.

The very sexism implied in your first two sentences in your first post that judges half of the worlds population based on stereotypes rather than simply judging the actions of the individuals involved is still hypocritical and evil and your misandry is still no better than anyone else's misogyny, racism, or homophobia. As far as the rest of your statement goes, you made a statement and I made a rebuttal as is appropriate on a debating website (or did you not realize that you are on debate.org?). The fact that you are trying to retract the rest of your statements in an attempt to appear a little less ridiculous is irrelevant.

Also, your idea that all societal problems are caused and perpetuated only by men is equally ridiculous. You are obviously mistaking correlation with causation. The fact that men have overwhelmingly been the ones to obtain positions of power according to societal norms does not change the fact that women are capable of (and would commit) just as evil of acts if the wrong women were to obtain the same positions of power. Back in the time of black slavery, there were just as many women holding slaves as men. Many women supported slavery and if a woman who held slaves back in that time had been in a position of power, then she would have worked just as hard as any man to keep them in bondage. There are also probably just as many women as men in religions that oppose LGBTQ rights. Do you think that they would suddenly oppose it less if they were in a political position? In addition, the vast majority or feminists that actually do want to harm, enslave, or even exterminate men (and not just "ironically"), are indeed women.

Even when talking about Hitler, we find record of some pretty d@mn evil women doing what they could to further "the cause" in the ways that they could at the time.

http://listverse.com...

Now, are you actually going to try and tell me that if these women were able to obtain the same level of power that Hitler had achieved that they couldn't possibly have committed as much evil? Who knows, maybe they could've done worse! The point is, they had just as much desire to kill Jewish people as anyone...

Either way, you still fail to explain how the evil acts of a few men should apply to me or any other men. Why should I or any man be held responsible for what anyone else does just because they happen to be the same gender? Should all black people be labeled as thieves and killers just because a few are in jail? It is nothing but ridiculous to assume that someone is capable of thievery, rape, kidnapping, murder, etc. simply because of his "maleness" or the fact that he has a penis.

It also is easy to try and accuse men as being more evil on average simply because they naturally tend to have more physical strength than women as a result of their increased testosterone (which of course is a hormone that encourages and stimulates muscle growth and men happen to have more of) and therefor, if a man is evil, he tends to work through more physical and obvious means. On the other hand, since a woman is not commonly physically built for brute force, she tends to work through less direct and physical means. I can't tell you how many times I've heard from my female friends (or sometimes even various women that I work with or went to school with) that they choose to have little or no female friends because of the horrible backbiting, gossiping, judgement, lying, "fakeness", and indirect cruelty that is perpetuated by women on average (according to them). It is women (and not men) that are frequently telling me that the horrible things that women do to each other can be far more damaging and devastating than anything they commonly experience from men personally. Again, I'd like to point out that I'm getting this information from women and not men and I have personally found this to be true as well. Just because these women (and girls) work their cruelty through those means instead of dumping someone into a trashcan or beating them up after class/work, it doesn't make it less harmful and it sure as h*ll doesn't make them better people. Besides, I probably only actually ran into one male *bully* throughout my entire time in grade school, but women were pulling the sh*t that I mentioned above through every single year I was in school and are still doing it in my workplace.

Also, if you want to talk about men and women in relationships, there is this common misconception that men lie and cheat all the time, but women rarely ever do.

http://www.statisticbrain.com...

57% of men and 54% of women admit to actually having committed infidelity in a relationship. Not all that different, is it? And that's assuming that they are telling the truth. There is reason to believe that women are more likely to lie and say that they do not cheat than men might be. In our society, women who are promiscuous are labeled as sluts and looked down upon but, on the other hand, men can be seen as studs and more successful in their ability to sleep with more women. Even when conducting an anonymous survey women are more likely to fear judgement or even judge themselves.

There is also good reason to believe that our society has a very skewed perspective on violence against men.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Men that face abuse or rape or much less likely to report it than even women, for not only can they have the same fears of retribution as women, but also society does not have as much empathy for men as they do women. Women have been shown to be much more likely to get out of any legal punishment for their crimes. Men who are abused or raped are much more likely to suffer ridicule or derision (or at least be looked down upon) by others than women and much less likely to illicit empathy. It fact, men who report rape will frequently be told that they are probably a "p*ssy" for allowing themselves to be abused if they really didn't want it, or that they actually liked it because,"men always want sex and he probably ended up enjoying it anyways." We would never accept this if said to a woman who had been raped, but when these things are said to a man, many people just nod their heads in agreement. Also, men are more likely to report it if their abuser is a man simply because it is seen as being a bit more "respectable" than if their abuser is a woman. This further skews the data and gives us an even more screwed up perception of the truth. This and the fact that women have been shown to be convicted far less frequently than men.

I hope that you found that cathartic! However, it's always a good idea to address the contention which has actually been proffered; rather than an imaginary one that happens to suit your purpose/agenda. My very first sentence begins with "men", NOT "all". Moreover, I do not assert or imply that women are saints; my wife certainly isn't (and I would NOT have dated Eva Braun!). Nor do I opine on whether, had history been different, I might now find myself beginning "women are responsible..."! What I AM doing is passing comment on the reality of things as they are. Of course, if the fifty percent with penises are not committing significantly more than half of all activites withi
Up yours!
neptune1bond
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:18:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/31/2014 3:38:37 PM, Optimod wrote:

I hope that you found that cathartic! However, it's always a good idea to address the contention which has actually been proffered; rather than an imaginary one that happens to suit your purpose/agenda. My very first sentence begins with "men", NOT "all". Moreover, I do not assert or imply that women are saints; my wife certainly isn't (and I would NOT have dated Eva Braun!). Nor do I opine on whether, had history been different, I might now find myself beginning "women are responsible..."! What I AM doing is passing comment on the reality of things as they are. Of course, if the fifty percent with penises are not committing significantly more than half of all activites withi

Well, your response was cut off by character limits, so I guess I'll respond to what's here. Cathartic or not, I was trying to argue against the implications presented in your "first two sentences" of your first post as well as your later post. By saying "men and boys", it is easy to receive an implication of "men as a whole". The proper language , if you were not implying *all* men and boys, would be "some men and boys" or "a portion of the male population" or something similar. It's not my fault that you weren't clear. But regardless of this trivial detail and your after-the-fact wordsmithing in order to try yet again to make your claims seem a little less ridiculous, it doesn't change the fact that you did indeed say that,"Men and boys are responsible for all the ills in society." Wait a second, let's look at that again....

"ALL the ills in society."

One more time....

"ALL the ills in society."

It was this very point that made up almost all of my argument. Well, that and your statement of...

"The atrocities to which you refer were instigated by and perpetrated by er,...men! Women have never been big on extermination and enslavement."

Which I've also shown to be a complete fabrication. (That, and your statement also implies that women are at least blameless, if not saints.)

Oh, and by the way, I also was completely commenting on the way that things are. Women DID hold black slaves and wanted just as much to keep them in servitude. Women DID commit horrible atrocities against Jews during the Holocaust and wanted them exterminated. There ARE at least just as many religious women as there are men (studies actually suggest there are more religious women than men) who fight against LGBTQ rights today. The ARE lots of feminist women who actually desire and work for the enslavement and/or extermination of men. I also showed how the statistics and popular perceptions of the evils of men and the blamelessness of women are skewed, at best. I also showed how the ills of society perpetuated by women also extend down as low as the basic interactions between women and women or women and men in my own life and the lives of many others. I also explained how the main reason that men have committed some of the major atrocities is simply because women were not allowed positions of supreme power to commit any major atrocity in the first place and how certain women most definitely would if given the chance.

All of these things are arguments against comments that you actually made. If you'd like to change the goal post (yet again) and try and tell me that you were being ironic somewhere else or I misunderstood you because of your unclear choice of words or anything else at all, please let me know. Otherwise, tell me what your rebuttal would be or let's end the discussion.
neptune1bond
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:25:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh, I'd also like to point out that, ironic or not, it is quite easy to assume that you are speaking of all men and boys when you immediately follow your statement with a discussion of how men should be eliminated and we should eliminate the "male pollutant" from the world. Even spoken in irony, it doesn't really imply that you are only referring to only the portion of the male population who committed those evils.