Jump to topic:

Rape has nothing to do with sexual desire

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 9:34:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In health class, I learned that rape has nothing to do with sexual desire; it just has to do with a need for power and control.

To what extent do you guys agree with this?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 10:02:34 PM
At 5/31/2014 9:34:16 PM, GOP wrote:
In health class, I learned that rape has nothing to do with sexual desire; it just has to do with a need for power and control.

For men who rape women, it's about both. There is no evidence that this is an "either-or" type situation, and a whole lot of evidence to the contrary. Men who rape men tend to say that, because that perspective is a way to inoculate themselves of the stigma that comes with being "a f@ggot" where (f@ggot is meant as a derogatory term that comes from being sexually aroused by other men). When it's about power and not lust, the connotative gravity is sidestepped even when -for the rapist- it's about both. And it is almost always about both because a man cannot and will not rape another man if he is not, on some level, sexually attracted to other men. Moreover, usually the men who rape other men are deeply closeted homosexuals that are unable to reconcile their own masculinity with being sexually attracted to other men, so male on male rape is the fracture point where that cognitive dissonance finds expression. It's sad for the victim, pathetic for the rapist and yet not wholly either of their faults. The reason that those men even exist is because as a society, we value "masculinity" and have taught across generations that being a "manliness" and homosexuality are mutually exclusive. The fact that male on male rapes tend to occur -and go unreported- in cultures where "manliness" and masculinity are regarded as virtuous and desirable (and homosexuality is disparaged) should come as no surprise.
lemonice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:53:38 PM
The "rape is only about power" idea is propagated by feminists and social "scientists".

Power is just one factor, but it is also about sex and sexual desire. Power doesn't even necessarily have to be included, not all rapists have the same degrees of motivation. But somewhere along the way of raping someone, you must have sex with them. The force required to do so is a means to accomplish it.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 2:21:16 AM
Rape may be a direct consequence of sexual gratification pertaining to power, or a sexual and physical appeal. However, rape is not committed exclusively as a result of the two. It ultimately varies and differs from individual to individual. I can conceive the idea of both possessing validity in most cases.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 1:56:33 PM

This is why I hate the educational system. Schools should just be abolished, that way we can direct our own intellectual pursuits in the way we deem best.

Schools just teach us to memorize crap.

All the crap I memorized, I've come to realize is outright lies or dumbing down of information.
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 4:02:37 PM
At 6/20/2014 1:56:33 PM, Wylted wrote:

This is why I hate the educational system. Schools should just be abolished, that way we can direct our own intellectual pursuits in the way we deem best.

All the crap I memorized, I've come to realize is outright lies or dumbing down of information.

Thumbs up for homeschooling!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 4:46:17 PM
At 6/20/2014 4:02:37 PM, GOP wrote:

Thumbs up for homeschooling!

I liked being homeschooled.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 4:47:26 PM

No. Of course rape has something to do with sexual desire. If it was only about power and control, there would be easier ways to dominate a person. Like grabbing them and beating them.

The point is that it's about dominating a person AND getting satisfaction from it. Most people don't get satisfaction from just hitting someone. Or at least not to the degree of satisfaction they get from sex.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 4:50:05 PM
At 6/20/2014 4:47:26 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

No. Of course rape has something to do with sexual desire. If it was only about power and control, there would be easier ways to dominate a person. Like grabbing them and beating them.

The point is that it's about dominating a person AND getting satisfaction from it. Most people don't get satisfaction from just hitting someone. Or at least not to the degree of satisfaction they get from sex.

Wow, school is a good tool for misinforming people!
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 4:51:21 PM
At 6/20/2014 4:50:05 PM, GOP wrote:
At 6/20/2014 4:47:26 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Wow, school is a good tool for misinforming people!

It's wonderful for brainwashing people into all thinking alike. It's actually true.

If you want to change the world, go after the schools and form the youth so that they will think how you want them to think.

It works every time.

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 5:39:20 PM

What do you mean? Public schools don't stop you from doing this.

Really? I don't think so. I learned quite a bit from public school and benefited much from it. Besides learning is the process of memorizing new knowledge. Furthermore, I guess learning is calculus is learning "crap" to you?

Not everything is outright lies. More so, somethings taught in public schools MAY BE misguided, but not purposely put out as a lie to us.

For example, some scientific theories have been proven to need a few tweaks here and there in order to perfect the theories or in other words to "make the solution true, based upon scientific evidence."

Besides, you couldn't have enough affordable homeschooling for everyone in order to be fair to ALL classes of society.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 7:18:46 PM
At 6/20/2014 5:39:20 PM, Haroush wrote:

Really? I don't think so. I learned quite a bit from public school and benefited much from it. Besides learning is the process of memorizing new knowledge. Furthermore, I guess learning is calculus is learning "crap" to you?

Not everything is outright lies. More so, somethings taught in public schools MAY BE misguided, but not purposely put out as a lie to us.

For example, some scientific theories have been proven to need a few tweaks here and there in order to perfect the theories or in other words to "make the solution true, based upon scientific evidence."

Besides, you couldn't have enough affordable homeschooling for everyone in order to be fair to ALL classes of society.

Well there is no reason public schooling can't be self directed. Why teach kids about the discovery of America? Why not teach them research skills instead and than ask them about the discovery?

I can't imagine why the school system is set up the way it is. It's actually holding a lot of the smart kids back from reaching their full potential.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 7:54:24 PM
At 6/20/2014 7:18:46 PM, Wylted wrote:

Well there is no reason public schooling can't be self directed. Why teach kids about the discovery of America? Why not teach them research skills instead and than ask them about the discovery?

Give me an example of a kid being taught in a self directed concept. I just want to make sure I am getting a clear understanding of what you mean.

I can't imagine why the school system is set up the way it is. It's actually holding a lot of the smart kids back from reaching their full potential.

Some smart kids, the public school system is holding back, but this could be fixed with simple reforms. For example, I have seen where some kids are put in special- ed classes simply because of them being overdosed on psychiatric medications causing them to have serotonin shock syndrome or something similar to this.

Therefore, for some reason, these board of education people believe these symptoms someone is having from being overdosed on medications is the same as having a learning disability.

This results in these innocent kids being sold short of their actual potential. Furthermore, bringing on embarrassment these kids should have never had to experience.

I would argue too that the public school system is geared more toward girls' education, rather than boys. This really bothers me the most. It's sexist and wrong. Just look at the male/female ratios in college.. it's horrible. Just in 2005, 57% of all college students were female.

Now tell me something... What is wrong with this picture? Sorry for going a little off topic to the OP. Did you want to start another forum post Wylted? Because, this is a very interesting subject.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 9:15:22 PM
At 5/31/2014 10:02:34 PM, YYW wrote:

The Fool: Rape, as a feminist would define it, tends to cover normal sex, and may be devoid of moral significance. So depending on what you're using the term "Rape" to refer to is important.

The Fool: First of all, it's rare that there exist anything, in society "Nothing, to do with something else." in society. There is no absolute social vacuum.

For men who rape women, it's about both.
There is no evidence that this is an "either-or" type situation, and a whole lot of evidence to the contrary.

The Fool: Well, it would be impossible to exclude the "existence" of either influence, so don't expect anything.

<(8D)

YYW: Men who rape men tend to say that, because that perspective is a way to inoculate themselves of the stigma that comes with being "a f@ggot" where (f@ggot is meant as a derogatory term that comes from being sexually aroused by other men).

The Fool: Absolute sexual repression, can probably cause anybody, to have sex with either sex...
Besides jail, when a man rapes a man, it's usually an older male with a younger boy.

Wylted: This is why I hate the educational system. Schools should just be abolished, that way we can direct our own intellectual pursuits in the way we deem best.

The Fool: Well, you know, "indicators", are "indicating", "indications"""..

<(8D)

..Which indicate, indicators.

Wylted: Schools just teach us to memorize crap.

The Fool: And perhaps a few other things.

Wylted: All the crap I memorized, I've come to realize is outright lies or dumbing down of information.

The Fool: So you've come to the realization that you"re your full of crap?!?

lemonice: The "rape is only about power" idea is propagated by feminists and social "scientists".

The Fool: That sounds too perfect of an answer. It must be "me" from my "other", "other" account.

Except I would say "Social" scientist. The "social" aspect, better highlights the ideological implications, irresponsibly, assumed, unjustified, and embedded, throughout a large portion of that which is being classified as science and/or research.

It's unbelievable, what these Ideologist are getting away with.

Oh yeah, and always say "social" science, with a pause and high emphasis on the "rabbit ear finger Hand gestures." to demarcate the quotations.

zmikecuber: I liked being homeschooled.

The Fool: And I like you"" like that.

Against The Ideologist

Just you!!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 9:28:39 PM
At 6/20/2014 7:54:24 PM, Haroush wrote:

Give me an example of a kid being taught in a self directed concept. I just want to make sure I am getting a clear understanding of what you mean.

Some smart kids, the public school system is holding back, but this could be fixed with simple reforms. For example, I have seen where some kids are put in special- ed classes simply because of them being overdosed on psychiatric medications causing them to have serotonin shock syndrome or something similar to this.

Therefore, for some reason, these board of education people believe these symptoms someone is having from being overdosed on medications is the same as having a learning disability.

This results in these innocent kids being sold short of their actual potential. Furthermore, bringing on embarrassment these kids should have never had to experience.

I would argue too that the public school system is geared more toward girls' education, rather than boys. This really bothers me the most. It's sexist and wrong. Just look at the male/female ratios in college.. it's horrible. Just in 2005, 57% of all college students were female.

Now tell me something... What is wrong with this picture? Sorry for going a little off topic to the OP. Did you want to start another forum post Wylted? Because, this is a very interesting subject.

We could possibly start another one. When I say self directed. I mean how people who are interested in WW2 will just devour reading material and documentaries on it without being told to. When I say self directed, I mean instead of the school providing text books on Columbus's voyage, they teach kids the research skills necessary to come up with their own views and understanding on the subject.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 9:51:02 PM
At 6/20/2014 9:28:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

We could possibly start another one. When I say self directed. I mean how people who are interested in WW2 will just devour reading material and documentaries on it without being told to. When I say self directed, I mean instead of the school providing text books on Columbus's voyage, they teach kids the research skills necessary to come up with their own views and understanding on the subject.

So are you going to TRY to start another forum post or are you going to start another forum post? That's the question. I'll respond to and continue this conversation if you do.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 9:51:53 PM

So are you going to TRY to start another forum post or are you going to start another forum post? That's the question. I'll respond to and continue this conversation if you do.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 11:01:48 PM
At 6/20/2014 9:51:53 PM, Haroush wrote:

I'm working right now.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2014 11:22:12 PM
At 6/20/2014 11:01:48 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/20/2014 9:51:53 PM, Haroush wrote:

I'm working right now.

Okay, well if you don't, that's fine too. Meaning if you don't get the chance to do it, I'll understand.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 8:53:23 PM

Nothing to do with it? It this a joke? Is that why heterosexual men go around raping other men, with no preference to either men or women? It has NOTHING to do with sexual desire?

What a crock of sh*t.
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 10:20:43 PM
At 6/27/2014 8:53:23 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Nothing to do with it? It this a joke? Is that why heterosexual men go around raping other men, with no preference to either men or women? It has NOTHING to do with sexual desire?

What a crock of sh*t.

Lol, that's one of the reasons why my health teacher says it's about power and control only. She says stuff like, "Well, men would not rape other men if they are straight. So, they're not doing it because of lust, but because they want to dominate."
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 10:21:03 PM
At 6/27/2014 8:53:23 PM, Zarroette wrote:

What a crock of sh*t.

But again, I don't agree with what's taught about rape.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:15:52 PM

Agree.