Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Do you think Catfish should be vilified?

kingcripple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 10:46:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For the few of you who do not know what a catfish is, i am not talking about the actual fish. A catfish is someone who goes online and pretends to be someone else lying to people about who they are. They are often vilified by society because of the deceit. I believe there are different underlying reasons for why people do this. The main one being insecurities. I say this because for the past 6 years I have been a catfish, taking on various personas and the reason i did it was because of my own insecurities about being physically handicapped.

What is your take on this? Do you think catfish should be vilified? Why or why not?
Mr_Soundboard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 5:04:03 PM
For the most part yes, these people often create new identities to trick other people, in most cases financially or romantically. It is quite wrong.
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2014 7:21:34 PM
The internet is supposed to be an anonymous place. There is no reason for deceit except for malicious intent. I'm sorry about your handicap, but there is no need to feel pressure to tell people about your private life over the internet.
0x5f3759df