Jump to topic:

How homophobic are you?

BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:12:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was researching the history of homophobia in America and I found this quiz which I think quite accurately reflects the views of homophobes I've encountered in both the internet and in person.
http://www.pbs.org...
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:17:29 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:12:52 PM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:
I was researching the history of homophobia in America and I found this quiz which I think quite accurately reflects the views of homophobes I've encountered in both the internet and in person.

88 - Your score rates you as "high-grade homophobic."

I'm not that homophobic! The test is wrong.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:19:51 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:17:29 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

Which ones did you pick?
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:20:39 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:19:51 PM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:

Which ones did you pick?

One for everything that says bad thing about gays, like:

"When I see a gay person, I think to myself: what a waste."
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:22:31 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:20:39 PM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 6/7/2014 7:19:51 PM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:

Which ones did you pick?

One for everything that says bad thing about gays, like:

"When I see a gay person, I think to myself: what a waste."

To be honest that is pretty homophobic.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:40:53 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:33:14 PM, Crescendo wrote:
58 is my score.

If I discovered that a close friend (not that I have too many of those anyway) was gay, the friendship probably would not end just like that. However, I would feel more uncomfortable around that friend.
I answered yes every time it asked if I thought homosexuality was immoral. However, I've never damaged the property of gay people, and I have no plans on doing so. I haven't tried to avoid them, because I doubt that I've never met a dude who I knew was gay. But I probably would if I saw a guy in makeup. I never make use of "f*g," but I do make jokes about gay people quite frequently.

Bottom Line: I'm not nearly as homophobic as I once was, but I will always believe that homosexuality is immoral.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
Vision13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 6:23:22 PM
I'm not homophobic but I think that discrimination should not exist any more, in this climate of globalization. I don't understand how do they accept punk people, emoticone poeple, Black people, or vegetarian people and reject homo people... The nature does not have we to give the gift to aim every towards the same thing, but to differ and to evolve. The rational, European should recognize at least that they are against Darwin!!
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:10:09 AM
shut up, you goddamn hetero-overprivileged misogynist!!! you able-body-normative oppressor! f*ck off with your internalized misogyny!!!!!! YOU CISHET-OVERPRIVILEGED BIGOT!! leave genderf*ck persons the f*ck alone you ignorant rapist!!!!!! it's not my job to educate you you scum!! you appearance-normative patriarchist! YOU APPEARANCE-PRIVILEGED CLASSIST! people like you should die!!!!! you male-normative patriarchist!!! you f*cking rapist, stop shaming genderamorous people!!!!! YOU MALE-NORMATIVE SEXIST!!! YOU'RE LITERALLY THE WORST PERSON ALIVE! you thin-privileged sexist!!!!!!!!!!
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:12:46 AM
At 6/9/2014 12:10:09 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
shut up, you goddamn hetero-overprivileged misogynist!!! you able-body-normative oppressor! f*ck off with your internalized misogyny!!!!!! YOU CISHET-OVERPRIVILEGED BIGOT!! leave genderf*ck persons the f*ck alone you ignorant rapist!!!!!! it's not my job to educate you you scum!! you appearance-normative patriarchist! YOU APPEARANCE-PRIVILEGED CLASSIST! people like you should die!!!!! you male-normative patriarchist!!! you f*cking rapist, stop shaming genderamorous people!!!!! YOU MALE-NORMATIVE SEXIST!!! YOU'RE LITERALLY THE WORST PERSON ALIVE! you thin-privileged sexist!!!!!!!!!!

But real talk, these are practically what the questions are:

1. I hate gay people (Agree/Disagree)
2. Gay people should burn in hell (Agree/Disagree)
3. I think all homosexuals are from Mars (Agree/Disagree)

Gee, how will this turn out.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:15:17 AM

I'm only homophobic in the sense that I criticize homosexuals for succumbing to conformity. I do that with all groups though. To many homosexuals break off from being conformed with a heterosexual society, just to become a carbon copy of your average gay guy.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:23:01 AM
I scored a 26. I have homosexual friends. If people know their my friends, I really don't care. It can be embarrassing talking to homosexuals you don't know well though. Especially the one's that always refer to themselves as gay constantly, like its their sole trait. I do sometimes make light of homosexuality as well.

To sum it up, most of my disagreements with homosexuality relate to my image around others, which in all honesty, isn't really that much of a problem for me. I'm very outspoken in real life.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:30:54 AM
I got 6.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:39:35 AM
At 6/9/2014 12:30:54 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I got 6.

You must of lied on some answers.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:53:52 AM
I have a 28 which means non homophobic. Some of the questions are stupid though. Like the one that asks about the need for gay rights organizations.

I'm pretty much against all organizations like that regardless of whether they forward a political agenda I agree with or not.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:58:32 AM
At 6/9/2014 12:53:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
I have a 28 which means non homophobic. Some of the questions are stupid though. Like the one that asks about the need for gay rights organizations.

I'm pretty much against all organizations like that regardless of whether they forward a political agenda I agree with or not.

Quite fascist of you........... Are you upset you only scored a 28?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 1:01:22 AM
At 6/9/2014 12:58:32 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 12:53:52 AM, Wylted wrote:

Quite fascist of you........... Are you upset you only scored a 28?

I'm not against their right to exist. Everybody should be able to form those organizations. I'm just saying it's stupid to do so.

I'm surprised my score was so high.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 1:20:35 AM
At 6/9/2014 1:11:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
What would fascism have to do with being a homophobe Anyway?

Your disapproval of organizations and unions.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 1:37:24 AM
At 6/9/2014 1:20:35 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 1:11:57 AM, Wylted wrote:
What would fascism have to do with being a homophobe Anyway?

Your disapproval of organizations and unions.

I never said unions, but yes they suck. They either seem to fleece the company and force them out of business. When they aren't fleecing the company, they fleece the employees. I know this from personal experience.

The second I left a unionized company that paid and gave raises based on how long you stuck around I went to a company that paid and gave promotions based on performance. My life has gotten a lot better as a result and I don't have that pesky fee coming out of my check every week.

I still don't understand your insinuation that fascism and homophobia go hand in hand. It seems clear the 2 are mutually exclusive,
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 1:45:07 AM
Another question they asked which isn't fair is are you afraid homosexuals are going to hit on you. Yes I am. It's not homophobic. I just happen to know I walk kind of feminine and am sexy, so I get hit on by gays. I don't want to be hit on because it's awkward letting them down. It's even more awkward when they accuse me of being in the closet.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 7:30:58 AM
At 6/9/2014 12:39:35 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/9/2014 12:30:54 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I got 6.

You must have lied on some answers.

*fixed your grammar error*

I think I have made it blatantly obvious that I am Pro gay marriage and don't give a damn if one of my friends was gay. I actually do have gay friends, and I love them just as much as my heterosexual friends.

Your pathetic attempt to entice me is beyond hilarious.. and then you call me the 'flame child.' Silly one, you are.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 8:26:13 AM
At 6/9/2014 1:45:07 AM, Wylted wrote:
I just happen to know I walk kind of feminine and am sexy.

Lol.

Anyway, I've been hit on by gay men before. I've been hit on by women who called themselves gay, probably because they just like to flirt. I've been hit on by men who consider themselves straight. None of it was scary. It was sometimes uncomfortable, but for the most part, it was flattering.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 8:33:16 AM
I scored a 12.

I have gay friends.

I've had gay roommates.

Gay people don't make me uncomfortable at all -- even the flamboyant ones, who are often hilarious.

I currently work closely with a an extremely masculine male, and let me tell you -- ugh. Not only is he hypersensitive, but other tendencies that he associates with being masculine are simply obnoxious. I'd prefer an effeminate man who is even-tempered, kind, and good-natured to this guy any day.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 9:05:22 AM
At 6/9/2014 12:12:46 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 6/9/2014 12:10:09 AM, MassiveDump wrote:

But real talk, these are practically what the questions are:

1. I hate gay people (Agree/Disagree)
2. Gay people should burn in hell (Agree/Disagree)
3. I think all homosexuals are from Mars (Agree/Disagree)

Gee, how will this turn out.

What was your score btw?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 9:05:54 AM
At 6/9/2014 1:36:01 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
22 - high grade nonhomophobic

6! :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

lemonice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:43:21 PM
The 'phobia' part has lost its meaning, it's not just about fear anymore it's also about aversion. But if I'm straight, it makes sense that I generally find homosexual acts disgusting. This means I have negative feelings towards homosexuality and I would be categorized as homophobic, but I still don't see why that's a bad thing.