Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

"If you don't like gay people don't have sex"

ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 12:06:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
To paraphrase the great Ralphie May, if you dislike gay people, don't have sex. After all, gay people physically can't procreate new gay people. Straight people can and do all the time.

Discuss.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Kostakv
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 2:24:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 12:06:03 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
To paraphrase the great Ralphie May, if you dislike gay people, don't have sex. After all, gay people physically can't procreate new gay people. Straight people can and do all the time.

Discuss.

Um, I don't care if gay people have sex, go for it. But I fail to see your argument about straight people making gay people... Okay lets say we were going to take your argument into play, Alright then Human kind will go extinct... if people didn't have sex, If people don't like gay sex that is their opinion.. and by you saying to stop having sex because it creates gay people is profound and illogical...
Kostakv
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2014 2:27:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 12:06:03 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
To paraphrase the great Ralphie May, if you dislike gay people, don't have sex. After all, gay people physically can't procreate new gay people. Straight people can and do all the time.

Discuss.

Also to take your statement, LOL this is funny, you said straight people can do it all the time, so basically what you're saying is, gay has to be taught and nurtured because you can't physically say, hey lets make a gay baby... and just create gay people whenever you feel like it, Also, who says all gay people are born that way? who says gay people are not born that way.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 12:13:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't want homosexuality being taught to young impressionable kids in school. There was a story about this over the weekend at Wilson High School in DC about the Principal who came out as gay and organized an LGBT Gay Pride Parade. If I have kids someday I may not be able to afford to send them to Private/Christian School where this "crap" is not taught. I don't want my children being influenced by their "gay" peers.

Peer Pressure is very powerful. I should know having gone to Jr. High 30 years ago when it was less than it is now.

I personally believe those in authority should "keep it in their pants" on the issue of homosexuality and gay marriage and at the very least leave "their sexuality" at home especially in a school environment where it has "no place"...
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:22:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:13:12 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
I don't want homosexuality being taught to young impressionable kids in school. There was a story about this over the weekend at Wilson High School in DC about the Principal who came out as gay and organized an LGBT Gay Pride Parade. If I have kids someday I may not be able to afford to send them to Private/Christian School where this "crap" is not taught. I don't want my children being influenced by their "gay" peers.

Homosexuality is not a learned behavior--it cannot be taught. You cannot choose to be gay or straight; it just happens. It has to do with genetics and hormonal imbalances in the womb.

Peer Pressure is very powerful. I should know having gone to Jr. High 30 years ago when it was less than it is now.

If peer pressure teaches people tolerance--which is totally a learned behavior--then it's doing good.

I personally believe those in authority should "keep it in their pants" on the issue of homosexuality and gay marriage and at the very least leave "their sexuality" at home especially in a school environment where it has "no place"...

Education is just as much about informing kids that blacks, Jews, gays, women, etc. are all moral, intellectual, and society coequals as it is about teaching them how to do math problems or read.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 9:42:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/12/2014 12:13:12 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
I don't want homosexuality being taught to young impressionable kids in school. There was a story about this over the weekend at Wilson High School in DC about the Principal who came out as gay and organized an LGBT Gay Pride Parade.
The principal organized this parade? As an adviser to student organizations, or on his own, or as an official act...?

Sauce?

If I have kids someday I may not be able to afford to send them to Private/Christian School where this "crap" is not taught. I don't want my children being influenced by their "gay" peers.
Nor would I want children influenced by your bigotry.

The solution is a ban on tax-funded education, however ^_^.

I personally believe those in authority should "keep it in their pants" on the issue of homosexuality and gay marriage and at the very least leave "their sexuality" at home especially in a school environment where it has "no place"...
I suppose they should also keep mum about whether they have children, or are heterosexually married?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Heterodox
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 9:00:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 12:06:03 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
To paraphrase the great Ralphie May, if you dislike gay people, don't have sex. After all, gay people physically can't procreate new gay people. Straight people can and do all the time.

Discuss.
I like sex.
If I disliked gay people, I would presumably like sex more than I disliked gay people.
Even if I disliked gay people more than I liked having sex, not having sex would not prevent more gay people. Coitus, let alone straight people, is no longer a requirement for reproduction.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 11:39:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Somebody out there echoed: "Homosexuality is not a learned behavior--it cannot be taught. You cannot choose to be gay or straight; it just happens. It has to do with genetics and hormonal imbalances in the womb."

"Homosexuality" was not preached in the media, government, and school 50 years ago like it is today and was thus not the problem it is today. So it is a learned, taught "peer-pressure" behavior among other causes for it.

"Cannot choose to be gay or straight": I was never gay but I was addicted to pornography for 35 years of my then 42 year life. Jesus changed my orientation back to Him and my wife. I have not looked at any pornography in over a year now. Nor do I lust after other women. My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me : )
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 11:59:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 11:39:26 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody out there echoed: "Homosexuality is not a learned behavior--it cannot be taught. You cannot choose to be gay or straight; it just happens. It has to do with genetics and hormonal imbalances in the womb."

"Homosexuality" was not preached in the media, government, and school 50 years ago like it is today and was thus not the problem it is today. So it is a learned, taught "peer-pressure" behavior among other causes for it.
Firstly. Homosexuality is not exactly "preached." However, I would agree that kids are informed about various sexual orientations. Also, homosexuality has always existed. It is not some new "trend" as you seem to think it is. Actually, in Ancient Greece, Spartan soldiers would engage in gay sex to strengthen emotional bonds. Maybe the reason there are more openly gay individuals today is because society is more accepting.
"Cannot choose to be gay or straight": I was never gay but I was addicted to pornography for 35 years of my then 42 year life. Jesus changed my orientation back to Him and my wife. I have not looked at any pornography in over a year now. Nor do I lust after other women. My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me : )
Do you remember exactly when you chose to be straight? I'm guessing you don't because sexuality is not a choice. You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:15:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 11:59:44 AM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 11:39:26 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody out there echoed: "Homosexuality is not a learned behavior--it cannot be taught. You cannot choose to be gay or straight; it just happens. It has to do with genetics and hormonal imbalances in the womb."

"Homosexuality" was not preached in the media, government, and school 50 years ago like it is today and was thus not the problem it is today. So it is a learned, taught "peer-pressure" behavior among other causes for it.
Firstly. Homosexuality is not exactly "preached." However, I would agree that kids are informed about various sexual orientations. Also, homosexuality has always existed. It is not some new "trend" as you seem to think it is. Actually, in Ancient Greece, Spartan soldiers would engage in gay sex to strengthen emotional bonds. Maybe the reason there are more openly gay individuals today is because society is more accepting.
"Cannot choose to be gay or straight": I was never gay but I was addicted to pornography for 35 years of my then 42 year life. Jesus changed my orientation back to Him and my wife. I have not looked at any pornography in over a year now. Nor do I lust after other women. My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me : )
Do you remember exactly when you chose to be straight? I'm guessing you don't because sexuality is not a choice. You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation.

"Not preached"??? Then why the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parades???

"Not a new trend": It is true that homosexuality existed in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah but is still rather a new trend in the last 50 years in America. Try coming out in the 1950s and you would have been treated for mental illness by your parents.

"Do you remember when you exactly choose to be straight": I chose to completely follow Jesus in May of 2013 after my last bought with pornography. I have not looked at porn in over a year after having been a slave to it for 35 years. Jesus chose me. : )

"You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation." - Porn is not about sex??? Trust me when I say I was sexually oriented to it. It appealed to basic human needs for sex and love. Now my wife does that.

Jesus loves me and He loves you too. He can reorient you.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:26:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:15:32 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/17/2014 11:59:44 AM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 11:39:26 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody out there echoed: "Homosexuality is not a learned behavior--it cannot be taught. You cannot choose to be gay or straight; it just happens. It has to do with genetics and hormonal imbalances in the womb."

"Homosexuality" was not preached in the media, government, and school 50 years ago like it is today and was thus not the problem it is today. So it is a learned, taught "peer-pressure" behavior among other causes for it.
Firstly. Homosexuality is not exactly "preached." However, I would agree that kids are informed about various sexual orientations. Also, homosexuality has always existed. It is not some new "trend" as you seem to think it is. Actually, in Ancient Greece, Spartan soldiers would engage in gay sex to strengthen emotional bonds. Maybe the reason there are more openly gay individuals today is because society is more accepting.
"Cannot choose to be gay or straight": I was never gay but I was addicted to pornography for 35 years of my then 42 year life. Jesus changed my orientation back to Him and my wife. I have not looked at any pornography in over a year now. Nor do I lust after other women. My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me : )
Do you remember exactly when you chose to be straight? I'm guessing you don't because sexuality is not a choice. You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation.

"Not preached"??? Then why the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parades???
If homosexuality was preached, LGBTQ individuals would encourage other individuals to become gay. That isn't what happens with LGBTQ pride parades. Such parades simply give LGBTQ individuals a chance to say that they are proud of their sexuality despite adversity.
"Not a new trend": It is true that homosexuality existed in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah but is still rather a new trend in the last 50 years in America. Try coming out in the 1950s and you would have been treated for mental illness by your parents.
Homosexuality is not a mental illness. Also, if it were a mental illness, it wouldn't be a choice.
"Do you remember when you exactly choose to be straight": I chose to completely follow Jesus in May of 2013 after my last bought with pornography. I have not looked at porn in over a year after having been a slave to it for 35 years. Jesus chose me. : )

"You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation." - Porn is not about sex??? Trust me when I say I was sexually oriented to it. It appealed to basic human needs for sex and love. Now my wife does that.
Sexual orientation is about what gender you are attracted to. Looking at multiple naked women doesn't change your sexual orientation.
Jesus loves me and He loves you too. He can reorient you.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Heterodox
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:38:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:15:32 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/17/2014 11:59:44 AM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 11:39:26 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody out there echoed: "Homosexuality is not a learned behavior--it cannot be taught. You cannot choose to be gay or straight; it just happens. It has to do with genetics and hormonal imbalances in the womb."

"Homosexuality" was not preached in the media, government, and school 50 years ago like it is today and was thus not the problem it is today. So it is a learned, taught "peer-pressure" behavior among other causes for it.
Firstly. Homosexuality is not exactly "preached." However, I would agree that kids are informed about various sexual orientations. Also, homosexuality has always existed. It is not some new "trend" as you seem to think it is. Actually, in Ancient Greece, Spartan soldiers would engage in gay sex to strengthen emotional bonds. Maybe the reason there are more openly gay individuals today is because society is more accepting.
"Cannot choose to be gay or straight": I was never gay but I was addicted to pornography for 35 years of my then 42 year life. Jesus changed my orientation back to Him and my wife. I have not looked at any pornography in over a year now. Nor do I lust after other women. My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world to me : )
Do you remember exactly when you chose to be straight? I'm guessing you don't because sexuality is not a choice. You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation.

"Not preached"??? Then why the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parades???

"Not a new trend": It is true that homosexuality existed in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah but is still rather a new trend in the last 50 years in America. Try coming out in the 1950s and you would have been treated for mental illness by your parents.

"Do you remember when you exactly choose to be straight": I chose to completely follow Jesus in May of 2013 after my last bought with pornography. I have not looked at porn in over a year after having been a slave to it for 35 years. Jesus chose me. : )

"You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation." - Porn is not about sex??? Trust me when I say I was sexually oriented to it. It appealed to basic human needs for sex and love. Now my wife does that.

Jesus loves me and He loves you too. He can reorient you.

Are gay people more socially accepted now than 50 years ago or so? Yes.
Are there more gay people now than there were 50 years ago, accounting for population growth, or are there just more openly gay people? No idea.

Is it genetic or is it learned? I don't have a clue.
How we treat people that are different than ourselves is usually learned.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:43:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks. I'm sure my opinions need facts as support. They are OPINIONS; I do not need evidence to support my personal beliefs.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:45:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:43:13 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks. I'm sure my opinions need facts as support. They are OPINIONS; I do not need evidence to support my personal beliefs.
Just don't expect anyone to take your personal beliefs seriously if you provide no reason as to why you believe what you believe.
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:46:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:45:18 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:43:13 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks. I'm sure my opinions need facts as support. They are OPINIONS; I do not need evidence to support my personal beliefs.
Just don't expect anyone to take your personal beliefs seriously if you provide no reason as to why you believe what you believe.

I don't care what others think about my beliefs. Of course everyone has different beliefs; others' opinions do not affect me.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:48:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Not preached"??? Then why the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parades???
If homosexuality was preached, LGBTQ individuals would encourage other individuals to become gay. That isn't what happens with LGBTQ pride parades. Such parades simply give LGBTQ individuals a chance to say that they are proud of their sexuality despite adversity.

Jikpamu: Taking "Pride" in something is promotion...the High School Principal at Wilson High School in DC who organized the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parade in his school and who himself came out is DEFINITELY promoting all things gay...

"Not a new trend": It is true that homosexuality existed in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah but is still rather a new trend in the last 50 years in America. Try coming out in the 1950s and you would have been treated for mental illness by your parents.
Homosexuality is not a mental illness. Also, if it were a mental illness, it wouldn't be a choice.

Jikpamu: We are talking about "trends"...I established it as trend in the wrong direction...you are now changing the subject...

"Do you remember when you exactly choose to be straight": I chose to completely follow Jesus in May of 2013 after my last bought with pornography. I have not looked at porn in over a year after having been a slave to it for 35 years. Jesus chose me. : )
"You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation." - Porn is not about sex??? Trust me when I say I was sexually oriented to it. It appealed to basic human needs for sex and love. Now my wife does that.
Sexual orientation is about what gender you are attracted to. Looking at multiple naked women doesn't change your sexual orientation.
Jesus loves me and He loves you too. He can reorient you.

Jikpamu: I am still attracted to women but only one now...my wife....God changed me from a picture looking polygamist to monogamous wife-loving husband.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 12:56:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:48:44 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
"Not preached"??? Then why the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parades???
If homosexuality was preached, LGBTQ individuals would encourage other individuals to become gay. That isn't what happens with LGBTQ pride parades. Such parades simply give LGBTQ individuals a chance to say that they are proud of their sexuality despite adversity.

Jikpamu: Taking "Pride" in something is promotion...the High School Principal at Wilson High School in DC who organized the LGBTQ Gay Pride Parade in his school and who himself came out is DEFINITELY promoting all things gay...

"Not a new trend": It is true that homosexuality existed in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah but is still rather a new trend in the last 50 years in America. Try coming out in the 1950s and you would have been treated for mental illness by your parents.
Homosexuality is not a mental illness. Also, if it were a mental illness, it wouldn't be a choice.

Jikpamu: We are talking about "trends"...I established it as trend in the wrong direction...you are now changing the subject...

"Do you remember when you exactly choose to be straight": I chose to completely follow Jesus in May of 2013 after my last bought with pornography. I have not looked at porn in over a year after having been a slave to it for 35 years. Jesus chose me. : )
"You can't compare an addiction to pornography to homosexuality because watching porn is not a sexual orientation." - Porn is not about sex??? Trust me when I say I was sexually oriented to it. It appealed to basic human needs for sex and love. Now my wife does that.
Sexual orientation is about what gender you are attracted to. Looking at multiple naked women doesn't change your sexual orientation.
Jesus loves me and He loves you too. He can reorient you.

Jikpamu: I am still attracted to women but only one now...my wife....God changed me from a picture looking polygamist to monogamous wife-loving husband.
You still haven't explained exactly WHY being gay is wrong. Please give one non-religious reason.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 1:14:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Somebody echoed: "You still haven't explained exactly WHY being gay is wrong. Please give one non-religious reason."

1) It's hard for gay people to live past their 50s (I do know of one in his early 70s) because of STDs.

2) I believe it's still forbidden for gay people to donate blood. IDK ask the Red Cross.

3) Pro-creation of the species

4) It's a perversion...

5) Because the God of the Bible said to stay far away from it...that's the best reason...
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 2:02:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 12:43:13 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks. I'm sure my opinions need facts as support. They are OPINIONS; I do not need evidence to support my personal beliefs.

LOL. What do you need to support your personal beliefs? Someone to tell you what they should be?
Shadow-Dragon
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 2:09:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 2:02:51 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:43:13 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks. I'm sure my opinions need facts as support. They are OPINIONS; I do not need evidence to support my personal beliefs.

LOL. What do you need to support your personal beliefs? Someone to tell you what they should be?

Exactly. Some people are just mad because they don't agree with them.
slo1
Posts: 4,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 2:11:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 2:09:16 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 6/17/2014 2:02:51 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:43:13 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:41:17 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 12:37:08 PM, Shadow-Dragon wrote:
What a stupid post and quote. Gay sex is stupid and gross, gay marriage should not be legalized, an homosexuality is wrong. The quote is just nonsense.
Good job on using facts to back up your opinion.

Thanks. I'm sure my opinions need facts as support. They are OPINIONS; I do not need evidence to support my personal beliefs.

LOL. What do you need to support your personal beliefs? Someone to tell you what they should be?


Exactly. Some people are just mad because they don't agree with them.

I think I was on debatability's side. If you can't at least explain why you hold a belief, it probably is not worth it to be held.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 3:36:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 1:14:09 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody echoed: "You still haven't explained exactly WHY being gay is wrong. Please give one non-religious reason."

1) It's hard for gay people to live past their 50s (I do know of one in his early 70s) because of STDs.
Many gay people choose to use protection/get tested. STD's don't make homosexuality wrong. Unprotected sex with anyone (regaurdless of their sexual orientation) is risky behavior.
2) I believe it's still forbidden for gay people to donate blood. IDK ask the Red Cross.
That has nothing to do with homosexuality being wrong.
3) Pro-creation of the species
Using this logic, it would be wrong for straight couples that are unable to have children to get together.
4) It's a perversion...

5) Because the God of the Bible said to stay far away from it...that's the best reason...

I really hope I don't come across as disrespectful; I do believe by the standards of the bible, homosexuality is wrong. That's one thing that turns me off of the Christian religion. Really, aside from religion, there is no reason to think that homosexuality is wrong.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 3:47:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 3:36:22 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 1:14:09 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody echoed: "You still haven't explained exactly WHY being gay is wrong. Please give one non-religious reason."

1) It's hard for gay people to live past their 50s (I do know of one in his early 70s) because of STDs.
Many gay people choose to use protection/get tested. STD's don't make homosexuality wrong. Unprotected sex with anyone (regaurdless of their sexual orientation) is risky behavior.

Jikpamu: how can you use protection against oral sex STDs? Wear a condom on your mouth?? STDs show there is something wrong with the way you are doing it. And most people will never marry you if you have an STD and you are honest about it. Do you think they feel what you are involved in is right - if they did then maybe marriage would not be a problem.

2) I believe it's still forbidden for gay people to donate blood. IDK ask the Red Cross.
That has nothing to do with homosexuality being wrong.

Jikpamu: They why is it "wrong" for gays to donate blood??

3) Pro-creation of the species
Using this logic, it would be wrong for straight couples that are unable to have children to get together.

Jikpamu: FACT of the matter is that 100% of gay couples CANNOT procreate amongst themselves...

4) It's a perversion...

Jikpamu: I noticed you didn't answer this one...why?? Man on man sex is disgusting just as woman on woman is...

5) Because the God of the Bible said to stay far away from it...that's the best reason...

I really hope I don't come across as disrespectful; I do believe by the standards of the bible, homosexuality is wrong. That's one thing that turns me off of the Christian religion. Really, aside from religion, there is no reason to think that homosexuality is wrong.

Jikpamu: Look at reasons #1-4...

6) Jikpamu: Have a great day. God bless you : )
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:14:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 3:47:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/17/2014 3:36:22 PM, debatability wrote:
At 6/17/2014 1:14:09 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
Somebody echoed: "You still haven't explained exactly WHY being gay is wrong. Please give one non-religious reason."

1) It's hard for gay people to live past their 50s (I do know of one in his early 70s) because of STDs.
Many gay people choose to use protection/get tested. STD's don't make homosexuality wrong. Unprotected sex with anyone (regaurdless of their sexual orientation) is risky behavior.

Jikpamu: how can you use protection against oral sex STDs? Wear a condom on your mouth?? STDs show there is something wrong with the way you are doing it. And most people will never marry you if you have an STD and you are honest about it. Do you think they feel what you are involved in is right - if they did then maybe marriage would not be a problem.
Straight people have oral sex and obtain std's from oral sex as well. I did mention that getting tested is an option. Gay people are more likely to get some STD's and straight people are more likely to get others. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...)
2) I believe it's still forbidden for gay people to donate blood. IDK ask the Red Cross.
That has nothing to do with homosexuality being wrong.

Jikpamu: They why is it "wrong" for gays to donate blood??
It's not. I honestly have no idea why gay individuals cannot donate blood since all blood is currently tested for various STD's uncluding HIV/AIDS. Unless you provide a logical reason as to why the FDA is justified in this ban then this point falls.
3) Pro-creation of the species
Using this logic, it would be wrong for straight couples that are unable to have children to get together.

Jikpamu: FACT of the matter is that 100% of gay couples CANNOT procreate amongst themselves...
There are over 7 billion people on the earth right now. I really don't think that procreation is our ultimate goal.
4) It's a perversion...

Jikpamu: I noticed you didn't answer this one...why?? Man on man sex is disgusting just as woman on woman is...
I didn't answer this one because it's not a legitimate reason. If you think man on man sex is disgusting, the solution is quite simple. Don't have man on man sex. Nobody is forcing you to have it or watch it.
5) Because the God of the Bible said to stay far away from it...that's the best reason...

I really hope I don't come across as disrespectful; I do believe by the standards of the bible, homosexuality is wrong. That's one thing that turns me off of the Christian religion. Really, aside from religion, there is no reason to think that homosexuality is wrong.

Jikpamu: Look at reasons #1-4...
6) Jikpamu: Have a great day. God bless you : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:47:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jikpamu: They why is it "wrong" for gays to donate blood??
It's not. I honestly have no idea why gay individuals cannot donate blood since all blood is currently tested for various STD's uncluding HIV/AIDS. Unless you provide a logical reason as to why the FDA is justified in this ban then this point falls.

Jikpamu: Perception of Risk of contaminating the blood supply banks with HIV Blood from gay people...would you take blood from a person if you knew it might have come from the 3% of the population that is gay?

Pro-creation of the species
Using this logic, it would be wrong for straight couples that are unable to have children to get together.

Jikpamu: FACT of the matter is that 100% of gay couples CANNOT procreate amongst themselves...
There are over 7 billion people on the earth right now. I really don't think that procreation is our ultimate goal.

Jikpamu: In 70 years most of that 7 billion will be gone if it were not for Pro-Creation Heterosexual Married Couples....

It's a perversion...

Jikpamu: I noticed you didn't answer this one...why?? Man on man sex is disgusting just as woman on woman is...
I didn't answer this one because it's not a legitimate reason. If you think man on man sex is disgusting, the solution is quite simple. Don't have man on man sex. Nobody is forcing you to have it or watch it.

Jikpamu: Woman on woman sex is FRANKLY disgusting too and that is coming from one who is married to a woman...Are you "watching" this gay crap??

***Jikpamu: Have a great day. God bless you : )
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:11:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/17/2014 4:47:46 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
Jikpamu: They why is it "wrong" for gays to donate blood??
It's not. I honestly have no idea why gay individuals cannot donate blood since all blood is currently tested for various STD's uncluding HIV/AIDS. Unless you provide a logical reason as to why the FDA is justified in this ban then this point falls.

Jikpamu: Perception of Risk of contaminating the blood supply banks with HIV Blood from gay people...would you take blood from a person if you knew it might have come from the 3% of the population that is gay?
Since I know that every individual is tested for HIV before they give blood, I would feel perfectly safe getting a blood transfusion. Also, HIV is not exclusive to the gay community.
Pro-creation of the species
Using this logic, it would be wrong for straight couples that are unable to have children to get together.

Jikpamu: FACT of the matter is that 100% of gay couples CANNOT procreate amongst themselves...
There are over 7 billion people on the earth right now. I really don't think that procreation is our ultimate goal.

Jikpamu: In 70 years most of that 7 billion will be gone if it were not for Pro-Creation Heterosexual Married Couples....
You did say earlier that only 3% of the population is gay. So obviously a large amount of the population is still willing have children. Gay couples also have ways of obtaining children... whether through a surrogate mother or a sperm donor.
It's a perversion...

Jikpamu: I noticed you didn't answer this one...why?? Man on man sex is disgusting just as woman on woman is...
I didn't answer this one because it's not a legitimate reason. If you think man on man sex is disgusting, the solution is quite simple. Don't have man on man sex. Nobody is forcing you to have it or watch it.

Jikpamu: Woman on woman sex is FRANKLY disgusting too and that is coming from one who is married to a woman...Are you "watching" this gay crap??
No. My point is, if you are disgusted by gay/lesbian sex, don't watch it or engage in it. It doesn't effect you in any way.
***Jikpamu: Have a great day. God bless you : )
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 5:39:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/8/2014 12:06:03 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
To paraphrase the great Ralphie May, if you dislike gay people, don't have sex. After all, gay people physically can't procreate new gay people. Straight people can and do all the time.

Discuss.

What the hell does having sex has to do with gay people. =)