Jump to topic:

Women, what do you look for in a man?

Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 6:37:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am trying to make the gender's understand each other, I seriously doubt I will make a difference, but why not try?

Some other questions you could answer:

How do you usually judge the relationship potential of a man?

How many relationships have you had that you define as serious?

What are your preferences, behaviorally wise, for a man?
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
nikidavis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 7:05:03 PM
First off, I have not dated or plan on dating for a while, but I shall still answer this question.

I will give you a list and It is in order of most important to least:

1. Intelligence/ intellectual curiosity.
2. Being a nice person to others.
3. Being able to have fun sometimes(when I say have fun, I don't mean get drunk and party, I mean just sharing laugh and enjoying a happy time without worrying about being mature or anything like that)
4. Not having money be the sole purpose for most things.
5. Being happy, this doesn't mean being a extremely bubbly, outgoing, person, it just means being happy.

Also, I have noticed that someone's beauty grows more the more you like that person's personality.

None.

See question 1
One day I saw a man walking down the street, and he walked up to me and said, "Did you know that humans are the only species who tear down trees to make paper, and then write 'save the trees!' on them." I was amazed, then everyone else looked at him and glared with annoyance. I was the only one that actually cared, about the trees, about the man, about the world.
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 11:32:09 PM
I like how guys are being a lot more open about this sort of thing (http://www.debate.org...) than girls, I expected the opposite!
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:46:54 AM
At 6/14/2014 6:37:03 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:

I like men who are funny, kind, courageous, smart and taller than me or at least AS tall. I tend to go out with men who are exactly the same height, for some reason, and then I can't wear high heels without being taller than them, which makes them slightly grumpy. I don't know why that always happens. There are taller men, but it's just never worked out with them.

I am trying to make the gender's understand each other, I seriously doubt I will make a difference, but why not try?

I don't really do it in a detached way like that. With my current relationship, I didn't actually want to start it but he just kind of moved into my life, and then I got used to him.

Three maybe

Polite. Fit.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:46:09 PM

I think it's important not to date a guy that has the exact same interests as you. It's always way more interesting to go for a guy that's a bit different from you when it comes to hobbies and personalities. For example, I get stressed a lot and I can be quite argumentative. It probably would be a good idea for me to go for a guy that is more relaxed.
Only two could really be considered "serious."
I like it when guys can start and keep a conversation. Other than that, I don't really care as long as they guy is not a total jerk.

I hope this helped lol. I feel like genders will always have trouble understanding eachother.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 6:34:35 PM
- Kind
- Smart
- Assertive but not dominating
- I like glasses but I wouldnt mind without
- Apparently, I dont like conventionally cute guys...
- I'd prefer the person to be Muslim.
- Have a good life plan. If he doesnt yet, then that's fine.. But I'd rather him know at least what he wants to do... or plan to do something... This is sounding weird... I dont know what I wanna do yet.. But I mean, I dont want him to not do anything, ya know?
- Helpful - in terms of domestic work... I don't agree with all the gender conventions
- Not racist or chauvanistic
- Not homophobic.. I'd make an exception maybe but he has to treat homosexuals with respect.
- Not a man-whore.

I dont like players, or jerks. At all. LOL.

I also may not want to have sex and h. So whoever is able to put up with me would have to be patient. XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 6:36:02 PM

see above post lol
I have NO dating experience ... or any thing close. LOL.
#nerdperks

see above post XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 9:24:54 AM

Yeah, this will be difficult on this site in particular- where there are, first of all, far fewer women than men and also far fewer fully grown men and women who actually know what they want in a partner and have relationship experience than there are teenagers still figuring it all out.

But anyway... In the Gustav spirit, I will humor you.

Relationship potential.... These would be things I'd look for in a guy who I might want to have a serious relationship with...

Whether he:
A. is 100% committed to personal growth- because relationships require A LOT of introspection and compromise and the ability to communicate this to a partner. This is a dealbreaker for me if they just go through life with blinders on winging it.
B. feels a sense of duty toward his family- if I might be his family one day, he'd better feel a sense of duty toward them (obviously there are exceptions- if his family is abusive or something). However, this is also a compatibility issue because I feel a sense of duty toward my family.
C. can do something and devote himself to it fully. If he's the type to give up frequently, not make thoughtful choices in life, be wishy-washy about everything, then I have no time for it. This is also a compatibility issue for me because I tend to not give up on things, make thoughtful choices, and not be wishy-washy about devoting myself to a goal. I find wishy-washy stagnation in a partner extremely irritating.

-Good listener and communicator
-not quick to anger or raise their voice
-self-confidence- not arrogance (there is a big difference- for instance, the former does not put others down, the latter does)
-kind-hearted and interested in taking the high road at least 90% of the time

And that's the gist of it behaviorally. As far as other things go, it's imperative, to me, to have some shared interests, life goals, passions, and values as well.

*curtsy*
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:32:16 PM

The Fool: The demographics on DDO are a horrible representation of the actual population.
Because of the nature of the website the ""Woman"" on here have a tendency to be ideologically motivated, against men, brute, and/or simply gay.

Against The Ideologist

The other, other gay.

<(8D)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:19:22 PM

By whatever he does that makes me feel good. The bs that comes out of people's mouth when they try to answer questions like these, is ridiculous.

0, really. I'm just having fun :)

- He must have confidence in himself

- Must lead me; every girl [that I've talked to, and they've been honest about it] secretly hates passive men. I don't mind if you stuff up occasionally, too. It's much better for you to try and fail, than to sit on the sidelines like a scared, wimpy boy.

- I've found I'm generally attracted to cocky guys, but not arrogant ones. If you don't believe what is coming out of your mouth, I won't either.

- I hate guys who brag about all their achievements; I've found that I've quickly lost interest when a guy talks about his sporting achievements, or level 80 druid or whatever. It's counter-intuitive, but I think I'm correct. Stop trying to impress me, you loser.

- He performs to his high standards, and doesn't care what other people think

- Isn't needy, doesn't ask those needy questions like 'is this okay?'- every 10 seconds.

- Has passions, but not obsessions.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 10:19:46 PM

By how he treats his sister and mother.

Zippo. I don't plan on taking the date and drop method.

Funny, insightful, strong, kind, a Christian, good with kids, and someone with the same calling as me.

There's more, but I don't feel like elaborating in more detail at the moment.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam