Jump to topic:

Men, what do you look for in a woman?

Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 6:39:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am trying to make the gender's understand each other, I seriously doubt I will make a difference, but why not try?

Some other questions you could answer:

How do you usually judge the relationship potential of a woman?

How many relationships have you had that you define as serious?

What are your preferences, behaviorally wise, for a woman?
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 6:15:01 PM
Well... this is disappointing...
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 6:46:00 PM
At 6/14/2014 6:39:17 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:

You probably should've posted this in the Personal forum...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Unknown_player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 8:22:02 PM
At 6/15/2014 6:15:01 PM, Gustav_Adolf_II wrote:

I mean, I would say something if I wasn't 16 and have never been in a relationship...
I'll put something here later...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 10:03:30 PM
At 6/15/2014 8:22:02 PM, Unknown_player wrote:

I mean, I would say something if I wasn't 16 and have never been in a relationship...

LOL. Ikr! and i am adding one to that list.. If I wasn't a girl.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 10:34:23 PM
I am trying to make the gender's understand each other, I seriously doubt I will make a difference, but why not try?

I'll usually date in order to see if they have what I am looking for before entering a committed relationship. Throughout the dating process I will judge her potential as a full-fledged girlfriend based on certain standards such as:

1) Education, i.e. - her level of intelligence.
2) Her family.
3) Compatibility of personalities.
4) Shared future ambitions.
5) Shared tastes and preferences.
6) Quality of physical intimacy.

Some lesser standards I also practice either when immediately spotting potential or while dating but before asking to be GF:

1) Natural beauty (little to no dependence on make-up)
2) Color of eyes
3) Fullness of lips
4) Natural hair (natural blonde or natural brunette - no dyes)
5) Athletic ability
6) Appreciation of Nature and Natural things
7) Appreciation of Books
8) Naturally likes pets
9) Long legs
10) Kind-hearted (really, the most important)

Three. One in High-school, and Two in College.

They were also my longest relationships lasting between 8 months to almost 2 years. Every other relationship was short lived and lasted no longer than 3 months.

Assertive, but not dominating. Intelligent, but not narcissistic. Kind-hearted, but not naive. Beautiful, but not shallow. Strong, but also cautious. Honest - no matter what. These are what I have learned to be, so far, my preferences.

Though many of my relationships were short-lived, I learned something every-time. Either something I wanted in a future wife, or something I didn't want in a future wife. I've learned by experience and still have much more experiences to have before ever settling or knowing beyond a doubt what I want in a woman.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Unknown_player
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 4:07:44 PM
At 6/15/2014 10:03:30 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Lol. I think there is probably a better way to word this to get a broader sweep of the question.
I'll put something here later...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 4:24:32 PM
At 6/16/2014 4:07:44 PM, Unknown_player wrote:

Lol. I think there is probably a better way to word this to get a broader sweep of the question.

Yeah. *laughs and nods at the same time*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

neptune1bond
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 4:24:42 PM

I could say many many things on this subject and I've kinda had a very special situation, but my regular preferences basically boil down to two things. She absolutely must fit my definition of what it means to be a good person and she preferably would fit, as closely as possible, my definition of what it means to be feminine. To say absolutely everything that these things entail would go far beyond the character limit and I don't currently have the time to write it, especially since I doubt that others would actually have the patience to read it. So I'll leave it at that.

Btw, I've already found that woman and I married her. My wife is an absolute goddess, an angel from heaven, and my best friend. Everyone that knows her absolutely loves her and, God, is she ever beautiful! As a woman, she is absolute perfection, but maybe I'm a little bit biased. All other woman that I've met pale in comparison, though. I honestly do not believe that I could be happy being married to anyone else. She is my definition of what it really means to be a woman and now, after 10 years of marriage, I love her more than ever. Everything I do is for her and about her. She is my world. And, in answer to your question about how many serious relationships I've had, I've dated a few girls but my wife is the only woman that I've ever seriously pursued. So my relationship with her is the only one I've considered "serious" and the only one I've ever wanted. I don't think that I could stand being married to the vast majority of other women that I've met or, at least, I don't think I could be happy even if I could *put up* with it. Most women that I've met do not fit my previously mentioned "two requirements" very well, or at least not well enough for me to want to live with them on a permanent basis. If I hadn't met my wife, I'd probably just be happier being single based on what I've seen. From what I understand, I'm not the only man who feels this way and the trend is for more and more men to feel the same as time goes on.

http://www.lifesitenews.com...

http://www.gallup.com...

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org...

It's also interesting to note that the majority of people who have never married actually do desire to do so. I also think that there is reason to believe that a large number of those who say that they "never want to marry" are actually saying that they do not believe that they will ever find a person that they'd actually want to marry, not that they'd really never want to marry. It's kinda like when someone is denied something and they respond with "well, I never really wanted it anyways" instead of being completely honest with others and themselves by admitting that they really want it but believe that they can't ever have it. People do this ALL the time. It is our human nature to be social and to want to "pair up", so to speak. No one actually wants to be alone. In fact, most forms of depression and most suicides can usually be traced back to some form of loneliness or feeling unloved in some way. It is a lack of social and relationship connections that makes us want to stop living. Very few other things will actually have that effect on people and most other problems, no matter how serious, can be dealt with when people feel like they have the proper emotional support from other people.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 4:53:51 PM
At 6/16/2014 4:24:32 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/16/2014 4:07:44 PM, Unknown_player wrote:

Yeah. *laughs and nods at the same time*
there was one made for girls too (http://www.debate.org...)
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 9:57:36 AM

So, here's the thing. Once upon a time, I had an entire compendium of "things I look for in a woman," and "what my ideal woman is," etc., etc.

But, as I got older, I realized that such things are meaningless, if only because of the organic quality of life that make such preferences impractical. It's not as though one can go shopping for a lover the way one shops for food at the grocery store. In reality, you have to take what you can get, but that's really not so bad. Life has a way of coming up with things you couldn't even think of, so I would even go so far as to say that having standards are limiting. Just go with it. Just follow your heart.

In other words, when I meet a girl I like or want, I know it. It happens on several different levels. Some girls, I just lust for. Others, I fall in love with. The woman that has meant most to me, I could have never imagined her. She still surprises me, and that's part of her charm. I'm glad I wasn't limited to what I could imagine or desire. I would have screwed myself out of my favorite memories and best relationships.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:15:57 AM
At 6/18/2014 9:57:36 AM, Such wrote:

So, here's the thing. Once upon a time, I had an entire compendium of "things I look for in a woman," and "what my ideal woman is," etc., etc.

But, as I got older, I realized that such things are meaningless, if only because of the organic quality of life that make such preferences impractical. It's not as though one can go shopping for a lover the way one shops for food at the grocery store. In reality, you have to take what you can get, but that's really not so bad. Life has a way of coming up with things you couldn't even think of, so I would even go so far as to say that having standards are limiting. Just go with it. Just follow your heart.

In other words, when I meet a girl I like or want, I know it. It happens on several different levels. Some girls, I just lust for. Others, I fall in love with. The woman that has meant most to me, I could have never imagined her. She still surprises me, and that's part of her charm. I'm glad I wasn't limited to what I could imagine or desire. I would have screwed myself out of my favorite memories and best relationships.

http://www.ted.com...

True, though this lady might disagree with you. You might find the vid interesting.

For my relationship now, I did a bit of both. I did some depending on algorithms which set the baseline as far as dealbreakers go (definitely not going to get with someone who is homophobic, racist, sexist, thinks a person can "owe" another person sex, etc.) but then he is also full of surprises I couldn't have guessed at or even knew I wanted.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 4:17:24 PM
At 6/18/2014 10:15:57 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 6/18/2014 9:57:36 AM, Such wrote:

http://www.ted.com...

True, though this lady might disagree with you. You might find the vid interesting.

For my relationship now, I did a bit of both. I did some depending on algorithms which set the baseline as far as dealbreakers go (definitely not going to get with someone who is homophobic, racist, sexist, thinks a person can "owe" another person sex, etc.) but then he is also full of surprises I couldn't have guessed at or even knew I wanted.

I can see what you mean, but it seems like she learned more about herself than she did about picking and choosing the right man. It seemed, instead, that she learned how to become more approachable. After that, she ran into a guy who seemed pretty good (850 pts. when she was looking for 700?) that actually ended up being compatible (1050 pts. by the end of the night).

God forbid she just decided to be more picky rather than assessing herself, she would still be alone.

I mean, look at it this way. Do you really need to review some notes you made for yourself to realize you don't like someone as soon as they begin spouting negative drivel based on bigotry or due to immaturity rather than making you snort and choke your drink due to an unexpected witticism to realize how you feel about him?

I think that the only failsafe that was actually necessary in that lady's particular scenario was that she absolutely needed someone who was a certain kind of Jewish. God forbid she just let things happen, and she may have ended up crying herself to sleep with a case of excruciating cognitive dissonance given her love for a black man.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 7:41:11 PM
It used to be looks, now that I am older and wiser and not ruled by my small head, Intelligence, money and power. Looks don't last and they definitely don't pay the bills.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 10:44:10 PM
Smart, sexy, sensitive.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.