Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

LGBT History Month (June) Daily Bible Verse:

Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:04:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

As a devout and vocal Christian, let me ask you something that has always bothered me:
How does the above verse demonize homosexuality?

By having sex with men and not women, there is no contradiction to the rule.
At best, this verse is against bi-sexuality.
My work here is, finally, done.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:46:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Explain this one (which was actually said by Jesus):
"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left." Luke 17:34-35
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 12:41:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 11:46:02 AM, drhead wrote:
Explain this one (which was actually said by Jesus):
"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left." Luke 17:34-35

It helps if you reference a more modern translation than the 1611 KJV English when "gay" still meant "happy": (albeit in some cases nobody can beat the KJV translation for a given verse depending on the verse)

Luke 17:34-35 (NIV 2011)
(34) I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left.
(35) Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left."

The Passage from Luke is about the Second Coming of Christ.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 12:42:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 11:04:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

As a devout and vocal Christian, let me ask you something that has always bothered me:
How does the above verse demonize homosexuality?

By having sex with men and not women, there is no contradiction to the rule.
At best, this verse is against bi-sexuality.

All of Leviticus Chapter 18 deals with "Unlawful Sexual Relations"...
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 12:47:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 12:42:50 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 11:04:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

As a devout and vocal Christian, let me ask you something that has always bothered me:
How does the above verse demonize homosexuality?

By having sex with men and not women, there is no contradiction to the rule.
At best, this verse is against bi-sexuality.

All of Leviticus Chapter 18 deals with "Unlawful Sexual Relations"...

Does not answer my question in the slightest.
My work here is, finally, done.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 12:55:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.

Would you respond to my post, since the OP is incapable of doing so?
Also, will you quote the verse? Different versions and all...
My work here is, finally, done.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:01:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 12:47:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:42:50 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 11:04:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

As a devout and vocal Christian, let me ask you something that has always bothered me:
How does the above verse demonize homosexuality?

By having sex with men and not women, there is no contradiction to the rule.
At best, this verse is against bi-sexuality.

All of Leviticus Chapter 18 deals with "Unlawful Sexual Relations"...

Does not answer my question in the slightest.

What about "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable" do you not understand? How is this verse being unclear?
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:02:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 12:55:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.

Would you respond to my post, since the OP is incapable of doing so?
Also, will you quote the verse? Different versions and all...

Sure. I think the phrase "as one does with a woman" sets a clear default for men having sex with wives, not men. It's not very clear to imply what you imply from the verse.

As for Matthew 19 NIV:

When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"

4 "Haven"t you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator "made them male and female,"5 and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh"? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"

8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

10 The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."

11 Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others"and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

And before you ask what a eunuch is, a eunuch is someone who has been castrated and thus is incapable of relations.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:02:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.

Mark 10:6-9 is good too : )
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:04:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:02:37 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.

Mark 10:6-9 is good too : )
Good point, that tells the same story.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:09:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:01:52 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

What about "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable" do you not understand? How is this verse being unclear?

Because if I am having sexual relation with a man, and I am NOT having sexual relations with a woman, my sexual relations are not the same.
What part of the conditional phrase "as" do you not understand?
My work here is, finally, done.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:15:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:02:03 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:55:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.

Would you respond to my post, since the OP is incapable of doing so?
Also, will you quote the verse? Different versions and all...

Sure. I think the phrase "as one does with a woman" sets a clear default for men having sex with wives, not men. It's not very clear to imply what you imply from the verse.
Then why is wives not mention?
Why have the conditional phrase at all?
The conditional phrase exists in every version of the text.

As for Matthew 19 NIV:

When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"

4 "Haven"t you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator "made them male and female,"5 and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh"? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"

8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

10 The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."

11 Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others"and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."
Please underline where this speaks about gays at all?

And before you ask what a eunuch is, a eunuch is someone who has been castrated and thus is incapable of relations.

I know what a eunuch is, and I can look things up :P
I am more interested in the definition of sexual immorality.
My work here is, finally, done.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:46:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:09:17 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:01:52 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

What about "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable" do you not understand? How is this verse being unclear?

Because if I am having sexual relation with a man, and I am NOT having sexual relations with a woman, my sexual relations are not the same.
What part of the conditional phrase "as" do you not understand?

The Bible Passage is saying for men to not have sex with men and for that matter women to not have sex with women (See Romans 1:26-27 if you don't believe me).
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:49:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"I am more interested in the definition of sexual immorality."

Any sexual relations in violation of God's Laws and the way he set up sex to happen:

Only in marriage and only between a man and a woman.
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:50:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.

John 8:10-11 (New International Version 2011)
Jn 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Jn 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:52:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:15:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:02:03 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:55:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/21/2014 12:50:42 PM, TN05 wrote:
Matthew 19 is the best and only chapter Christians should quote about homosexuality. Solves the whole 'Jesus never defined marriage' thing.

Would you respond to my post, since the OP is incapable of doing so?
Also, will you quote the verse? Different versions and all...

Sure. I think the phrase "as one does with a woman" sets a clear default for men having sex with wives, not men. It's not very clear to imply what you imply from the verse.
Then why is wives not mention?
Why have the conditional phrase at all?
The conditional phrase exists in every version of the text.

Wouldn't it be assumed? This verse is listing numerous forms of sexual immorality, including incest and bestiality, that are especially bad.

The verse clearly says "Don't have sex with another man like you would with a woman". I'm pretty sure that phrase is there to cover all types of gay sex. Regardless, I'd ask a rabbi about it. They probably know the original Hebrew text better than either of us.

As for Matthew 19 NIV:

When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"

4 "Haven"t you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator "made them male and female,"5 and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh"? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"

8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

10 The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."

11 Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others"and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."
Please underline where this speaks about gays at all?

It doesn't. What it does speak about is the definition of marriage as laid out by God and reaffirmed as truth by Jesus. By default, the Christian (not necessarily governmental) definition of marriage is 1 man, 1 woman.

And before you ask what a eunuch is, a eunuch is someone who has been castrated and thus is incapable of relations.

I know what a eunuch is, and I can look things up :P
I am more interested in the definition of sexual immorality.

Good response. I'm just sick of people thinking 'eunuch' means 'gay'. :

Well, for starters the Bible and Jesus both condemn adultery. That obviously includes extramarital sex, as Jesus said in Matthew. Jesus had a very strict definition of it - even lustful looking, as Jesus said in Matthew 5:28, is adultery. There is no marital context here so we can say it applies to all. If lustful looking is a sin, wouldn't lustful sex be a sin? That pretty must restricts sex to marriage.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:21:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 1:50:45 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.

John 8:10-11 (New International Version 2011)
Jn 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Jn 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

If you want to use the New Testament like that, then you CANNOT use the Old Testament to preach against homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 5:46:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Fool: Since when was debate and preaching synonymous. "Preaching" should stay, in the religious section. At all times.

That way, if anybody gets hurt, you're more likely to only hurt other crazy people.

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:39:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 2:21:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:50:45 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.

John 8:10-11 (New International Version 2011)
Jn 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Jn 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

If you want to use the New Testament like that, then you CANNOT use the Old Testament to preach against homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Of course it's important to take the whole Bible all 66 books in context and not only 39 of them ignoring the other 27...
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:43:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:39:23 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 2:21:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:50:45 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.

John 8:10-11 (New International Version 2011)
Jn 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Jn 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

If you want to use the New Testament like that, then you CANNOT use the Old Testament to preach against homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Of course it's important to take the whole Bible all 66 books in context and not only 39 of them ignoring the other 27...

Then it's important to know that the Bible never condemns homosexuality but pedophiliac acts between altar boys and pagans in mass ritual orgies, as was common at the time the Bible was written.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:43:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

So glad that more and more people are starting to realize that Christianity does not control marriage, sexual orientation, etc.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:47:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:43:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 6:39:23 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 2:21:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:50:45 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.

John 8:10-11 (New International Version 2011)
Jn 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Jn 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

If you want to use the New Testament like that, then you CANNOT use the Old Testament to preach against homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Of course it's important to take the whole Bible all 66 books in context and not only 39 of them ignoring the other 27...

Then it's important to know that the Bible never condemns homosexuality but pedophiliac acts between altar boys and pagans in mass ritual orgies, as was common at the time the Bible was written.

Please cite this as Jesus did say in John 8:10-11 to "Go and sin no more" all the while forgiving...being forgiven is not a license to sin...
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:49:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:43:45 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

So glad that more and more people are starting to realize that Christianity does not control marriage, sexual orientation, etc.

3% of the Population is "gay"...let's hope we can decrease that number through education in and obedience to God's Word, the Bible...
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:53:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:49:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
3% of the Population is "gay"...

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
"According to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, about 20 percent of the population is attracted to their own gender. That"s nearly double the usual estimates of about 10 percent."
http://www.smithsonianmag.com...

let's hope we can decrease that number through education in and obedience to God's Word, the Bible...

No, let's hope that we can decrease bigotry by increasing education in science, history, philosophy, and logic. You have no evidence that the Bible is "God's" word. You have no evidence that a god even exists. You also are uneducated enough to think homosexuality is a choice.
Jikpamu
Posts: 226
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:57:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:53:17 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 6/21/2014 6:49:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
3% of the Population is "gay"...

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
"According to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, about 20 percent of the population is attracted to their own gender. That"s nearly double the usual estimates of about 10 percent."
http://www.smithsonianmag.com...

let's hope we can decrease that number through education in and obedience to God's Word, the Bible...

No, let's hope that we can decrease bigotry by increasing education in science, history, philosophy, and logic. You have no evidence that the Bible is "God's" word. You have no evidence that a god even exists. You also are uneducated enough to think homosexuality is a choice.

You might want to check out this debate (FYI):
http://www.debate.org...
"If the Bible was written by ancient goat herders is it still relevant for today in 2014"...(Science Category)
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 6:57:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:47:15 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 6:43:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 6:39:23 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 2:21:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:50:45 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 1:11:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/21/2014 10:59:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
In "remembering" LGBT History Month which is in June in America, should the daily required Bible reading be:

Leviticus 18:22 (NIV 2011) - " "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

There are other good verses in the Bible which speak to this as well...

1) Leviticus 20:13
2) Romans 1:26-27
3) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4) 1 Timothy 1:9-11
5) Jude 1:7 (KJV)

This is only acceptable if you stone them afterward, as Leviticus requires you to do. If you don't, you're disobeying God's word.

John 8:10-11 (New International Version 2011)
Jn 8:10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
Jn 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

If you want to use the New Testament like that, then you CANNOT use the Old Testament to preach against homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Of course it's important to take the whole Bible all 66 books in context and not only 39 of them ignoring the other 27...

Then it's important to know that the Bible never condemns homosexuality but pedophiliac acts between altar boys and pagans in mass ritual orgies, as was common at the time the Bible was written.

Please cite this as Jesus did say in John 8:10-11 to "Go and sin no more" all the while forgiving...being forgiven is not a license to sin...

Please cite where in the Bible it says "homosexuality" is a sin.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 "Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulters, nor effeminate, nor absurers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

You know what it doesn't say? Homosexuals.

Most people wrongly translate "effeminate" to mean gay. This is incorrect. The word for effeminate was "malakia" and it better translates to "vain," which is in keeping with the Bible's condemnation of the rich.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be out to death."

Well, you already said you can't put them to death, so you're already ignoring that. Plus it says "also" and "as" implying male prostituon, adultery, and infidelity rather than homosexuality. Lastly, the Bible says women are inferior, so it is saying a man should not sleep with a man because they are equals. As we know, this is an outdated notion.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 7:03:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 6:57:06 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 6/21/2014 6:53:17 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 6/21/2014 6:49:05 PM, Jikpamu wrote:
3% of the Population is "gay"...

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
"According to a study from the National Bureau of Economic Research, about 20 percent of the population is attracted to their own gender. That"s nearly double the usual estimates of about 10 percent."
http://www.smithsonianmag.com...

let's hope we can decrease that number through education in and obedience to God's Word, the Bible...

No, let's hope that we can decrease bigotry by increasing education in science, history, philosophy, and logic. You have no evidence that the Bible is "God's" word. You have no evidence that a god even exists. You also are uneducated enough to think homosexuality is a choice.

You might want to check out this debate (FYI):
http://www.debate.org...
"If the Bible was written by ancient goat herders is it still relevant for today in 2014"...(Science Category)

Oh, wow, it is like I haven't seen very similar things with every religion out there. Let's look at if the New Testament is even accurate or not from a Historian view. https://www.youtube.com...

Come now, why not bring forth real evidence.