Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Why do so many people view online cheating as

Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:28:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

Married and coupled people, even from the most religious and committed of sects involuntarily flirt with attractive members of the opposite sex. Therefore by this logic there are a very rare few people who do not cheat, we just do it.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:34:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

That's obviously emotional cheating whether you think it or not which makes it cheating. And even if you aren't having sexual intercourse with them, you are in your mind when you do what ever you do in order to experience pleasure.

Which is something you are only suppose to be experiencing with your partner (intimate emotional and sexual relationship) in a monogamous relationship.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:41:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Put it this way, if you are going to do this, you shouldn't be in a monogamous relationship. Why? You obviously don't care about your partner.

You might say," It's natural to lust after someone else." ,but the the truth is, it's not in a monogamous relationship. Therefore, if you wish to have multiple partners or not necessarily be in a relationship, then you go ahead and let lusting be natural to you.

You choose what is natural to you. You don't just do what is natural.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:42:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:34:19 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

That's obviously emotional cheating whether you think it or not which makes it cheating. And even if you aren't having sexual intercourse with them, you are in your mind when you do what ever you do in order to experience pleasure.


Which is something you are only suppose to be experiencing with your partner ::(intimate emotional and sexual relationship) in a monogamous relationship.

Why is it something you're only supposed to experience with your partner?

Also, why monogamy?

Monogamy seems like something for weak men, because they're afraid that if I have 3 women. They'll be deprived of a sex partner.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:45:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:41:38 PM, Haroush wrote:
Put it this way, if you are going to do this, you shouldn't be in a monogamous relationship. Why? You obviously don't care about your partner.

That's ridiculous. Why would flirting online, insinuate that you don't care about your partner? A lot of these presuppositions you have, I don't understand and you're using a lot in this thread.

You might say," It's natural to lust after someone else." ,but the the truth is, it's not in a monogamous relationship. Therefore, if you wish to have multiple partners or not necessarily be in a relationship, then you go ahead and let lusting be natural to you.

You choose what is natural to you. You don't just do what is natural.

What's wrong with lust? Why is it wrong for me to imagine another woman while drilling a monagamous partner?
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 12:57:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:42:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:34:19 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

That's obviously emotional cheating whether you think it or not which makes it cheating. And even if you aren't having sexual intercourse with them, you are in your mind when you do what ever you do in order to experience pleasure.



Which is something you are only suppose to be experiencing with your partner ::(intimate emotional and sexual relationship) in a monogamous relationship.

Why is it something you're only supposed to experience with your partner?

Also, why monogamy?

Monogamy seems like something for weak men, because they're afraid that if I have 3 women. They'll be deprived of a sex partner.

Why Monogamy huh? Monogamy is basis of ALL TRUE LOVE. Where there is only one special person to you, as well as YOU being that only special one to your partner.

IF anything, there is nothing special about polygamy except for jealousy and favoritism. Not to mention, sexism. I mean seriously, what is sooo special about polygamy that makes each woman in that relationship unique from each other regarding that one man?

Men who typically feel they should have multiple partners in a single relationship are men who tend to be criminally inclined. Meaning, they tend to be someone who has lack of education and spent a lot of time in prison.

So, if you think these type of men are strong... you are wrong. They are the most pathetic of society as a whole.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 1:14:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:57:17 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:42:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:34:19 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

That's obviously emotional cheating whether you think it or not which makes it cheating. And even if you aren't having sexual intercourse with them, you are in your mind when you do what ever you do in order to experience pleasure.



Which is something you are only suppose to be experiencing with your partner ::(intimate emotional and sexual relationship) in a monogamous relationship.

Why is it something you're only supposed to experience with your partner?

Also, why monogamy?

Monogamy seems like something for weak men, because they're afraid that if I have 3 women. They'll be deprived of a sex partner.

Why Monogamy huh? Monogamy is basis of ALL TRUE LOVE. Where there is only one special person to you, as well as YOU being that only special one to your partner.

Why do you presuppose true love is monogamous. Love is a chemical reaction in your brain. I see know reason why that chemical reaction can't occur to make an emotional connection with numerous people. True love sounds a lot like true Scotsman.

IF anything, there is nothing special about polygamy except for jealousy and favoritism. Not to mention, sexism. I mean seriously, what is sooo special about polygamy that makes each woman in that relationship unique from each other regarding that one man?

Why is it sexist? Do you realize how many presuppositions you're making in each sentence you make. I don't think progress can be made in any exchange with you unless you drop the presuppositions or at least examine them to determine why you believe them. Even your questions presuppose things. I see no reason each woman in a polygamous relationship can't feel loved and special. You can have 5 daughters without your love or their specialness being depleted for any of them.

Men who typically feel they should have multiple partners in a single relationship are men who tend to be criminally inclined. Meaning, they tend to be someone who has lack of education and spent a lot of time in prison.

So, if you think these type of men are strong... you are wrong. They are the most pathetic of society as a whole.

Those seem like the least likely people to have women in a polygamous society. I don't know why they'd advocate for polygamy.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 1:29:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 12:42:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:34:19 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

That's obviously emotional cheating whether you think it or not which makes it cheating. And even if you aren't having sexual intercourse with them, you are in your mind when you do what ever you do in order to experience pleasure.



Which is something you are only suppose to be experiencing with your partner ::(intimate emotional and sexual relationship) in a monogamous relationship.

Why is it something you're only supposed to experience with your partner?
Because they are your partner in that regard.
Obviously, if the relationship is open, then its moot.

Also, why monogamy?
Because, in most cases, that is what is agreed to.

Monogamy seems like something for weak men, because they're afraid that if I have 3 women. They'll be deprived of a sex partner.

Interesting take, but assumes way too much about people.
I find cheating can exist without sex, and I find sex can exist without cheating.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 1:42:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 1:29:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:42:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:34:19 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/29/2014 12:24:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2014 11:39:43 AM, Haroush wrote:
not cheating?

Let's discuss the various reasons as to why people think it is okay to cheat on someone in RL with someone online..

What do you mean by cheating? Do you mean innocent flirting? because obviously online sexual intercourse isn't taking place like it is in real life.

That's obviously emotional cheating whether you think it or not which makes it cheating. And even if you aren't having sexual intercourse with them, you are in your mind when you do what ever you do in order to experience pleasure.



Which is something you are only suppose to be experiencing with your partner ::(intimate emotional and sexual relationship) in a monogamous relationship.

Why is it something you're only supposed to experience with your partner?
Because they are your partner in that regard.
Obviously, if the relationship is open, then its moot.

I agree. If you have to hide it or lie about it or if it's hurting your partner it's wrong. Haroush should look at how you answered these, without using a ton of presuppositions.

Also, why monogamy?
Because, in most cases, that is what is agreed to.

I've agreed to it also, but unfortunately it's due to coercion by society. I don't want to be a martyr, but both me and my partner would be happy in a polygamous relationship.

Monogamy seems like something for weak men, because they're afraid that if I have 3 women. They'll be deprived of a sex partner.

Interesting take, but assumes way too much about people.
I find cheating can exist without sex, and I find sex can exist without cheating.

I agree with your last sentence.

In regards to the first sentence. It's not just something I pulled out of my as$. I'm not sure if I could condense it to 10,000 words for a debate because it's all original research, but I'm not assuming as much as you may think. Once my debates clear up, maybe I'll do a few really in depth forum posts to put up for discussion.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 3:39:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 1:42:21 PM, Wylted wrote:

I've agreed to it also, but unfortunately it's due to coercion by society. I don't want to be a martyr, but both me and my partner would be happy in a polygamous relationship.

I don't think one would be a martyr. People cheat all the time.
Swingers is another thing, but that isn't quite the same as having an open relationship.

In regards to the first sentence. It's not just something I pulled out of my as$. I'm not sure if I could condense it to 10,000 words for a debate because it's all original research, but I'm not assuming as much as you may think. Once my debates clear up, maybe I'll do a few really in depth forum posts to put up for discussion.

It seems you think weak men enter into monogymous relationships. This is false.
The reason of lack of sexual partner, sounds like women sleeping with each other, which I find odd.
Perhaps I misunderstood you point.

I think a real man takes care of his family.
In the old days, that was provide for them, as they were the breadwinner. Nowadays, it is in whatever way needs to be done to take care of the family.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 5:46:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/29/2014 3:39:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/29/2014 1:42:21 PM, Wylted wrote:

I've agreed to it also, but unfortunately it's due to coercion by society. I don't want to be a martyr, but both me and my partner would be happy in a polygamous relationship.

I don't think one would be a martyr. People cheat all the time.
Swingers is another thing, but that isn't quite the same as having an open relationship.

In regards to the first sentence. It's not just something I pulled out of my as$. I'm not sure if I could condense it to 10,000 words for a debate because it's all original research, but I'm not assuming as much as you may think. Once my debates clear up, maybe I'll do a few really in depth forum posts to put up for discussion.

It seems you think weak men enter into monogymous relationships. This is false.
The reason of lack of sexual partner, sounds like women sleeping with each other, which I find odd.
Perhaps I misunderstood you point.

I think a real man takes care of his family.
In the old days, that was provide for them, as they were the breadwinner. Nowadays, it is in whatever way needs to be done to take care of the family.

I think you did misunderstand my point. I guess I'll have to figure out a better way to get that across. I'll start a thread and discuss this in more depth once I get some free time.