Jump to topic:

The price of freedom

LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 10:45:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Truer words were never spoken. Many have given their lives to give us the freedom we enjoy. Many more have paid the ultimate price to keep it. Today is the fourth of July. A day when we celebrate that most precious gift. Freedom. It is up to us to make certain that we keep it. Something to think about, while you're eating hot dogs and watching the fireworks.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:02:21 AM
At 7/4/2014 10:45:36 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Truer words were never spoken. Many have given their lives to give us the freedom we enjoy. Many more have paid the ultimate price to keep it. Today is the fourth of July. A day when we celebrate that most precious gift. Freedom. It is up to us to make certain that we keep it. Something to think about, while you're eating hot dogs and watching the fireworks.

Instead we have SOME politicians who are at this very moment trying to figure out how to take our independence away whether if it is intentionally or unintentionally.
LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:07:46 AM
At 7/4/2014 11:02:21 AM, Haroush wrote:

Instead we have SOME politicians who are at this very moment trying to figure out how to take our independence away whether if it is intentionally or unintentionally.

It's intentional. You can't unintentionally take someone's freedom. It's a conscious act.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:18:39 AM
At 7/4/2014 11:07:46 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:

It's intentional. You can't unintentionally take someone's freedom. It's a conscious act.

Not necessarily, some politicians think it is better for us as a nation to make our citizens as a whole more dependent upon the government, instead of making our
citizens independent and self-sufficient.

Therefore, they don't necessarily mean to take independence away, they just feel as if their ideology would be more beneficial to our current democratic-republic.
LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:38:14 AM
At 7/4/2014 11:18:39 AM, Haroush wrote:

Not necessarily, some politicians think it is better for us as a nation to make our citizens as a whole more dependent upon the government, instead of making our

Therefore, they don't necessarily mean to take independence away, they just feel as if their ideology would be more beneficial to our current democratic-republic.

Allow me to translate that. The government knows how to run your life better than you do. So just do what we tell you to do, and everything will be fine.

It's still an intentional act, regardless of the reasons behind it. And those reasons are always self-serving
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:48:23 AM
At 7/4/2014 11:38:14 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:

Allow me to translate that. The government knows how to run your life better than you do. So just do what we tell you to do, and everything will be fine.

It's still an intentional act, regardless of the reasons behind it. And those reasons are always self-serving

LBOH, Don't you think it is just a little dangerous to make assumptions that an entire political party is out to INTENTIONALLY do something? I mean think about it...

When we give someone or a group of people the benefit of the doubt, you are being much more ethical about your views or opinions of a person or a group of people.

Therefore, you are much more credible as a person if you don't make assumptions in the specific conversation you are involved in.

Don't get me wrong, everyone does it, but just be more careful about making stereotypical comments in the future.

I honestly don't believe you are stereotypical as an individual. I just think you could make better choices in the future.
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:04:10 PM
At 7/4/2014 11:48:23 AM, Haroush wrote:

LBOH, Don't you think it is just a little dangerous to make assumptions that an entire political party is out to INTENTIONALLY do something? I mean think about it...

When we give someone or a group of people the benefit of the doubt, you are being much more ethical about your views or opinions of a person or a group of people.

Therefore, you are much more credible as a person if you don't make assumptions in the specific conversation you are involved in.

Don't get me wrong, everyone does it, but just be more careful about making stereotypical comments in the future.

I honestly don't believe you are stereotypical as an individual. I just think you could make better choices in the future.

LOL - What world do you live in? *tongue in cheek

Haroush - it is obvious you are a very kind and trusting person. I truly admire this trait in an individual. Have you ever heard the cliche' "Ignorance is bliss." Unfortunately, you also live in a bubble and are completely oblivious to the real world. I wish the world - more specifically our country operated the way you believe it does. Nothing would make me happier. Perhaps you feel I am being mean or I am insulting you. Please know this is not my intent. I am simply suggesting you consider lifting the curtain that is over your eyes. You are intentionally being deceived every day of your life. There is no way for you to ever see the truth about your world until you recognize this.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:28:29 PM
At 7/4/2014 12:04:10 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:48:23 AM, Haroush wrote:

LOL - What world do you live in? *tongue in cheek

Haroush - it is obvious you are a very kind and trusting person. I truly admire this trait in an individual. Have you ever heard the cliche' "Ignorance is bliss." Unfortunately, you also live in a bubble and are completely oblivious to the real world. I wish the world - more specifically our country operated the way you believe it does. Nothing would make me happier. Perhaps you feel I am being mean or I am insulting you. Please know this is not my intent. I am simply suggesting you consider lifting the curtain that is over your eyes. You are intentionally being deceived every day of your life. There is no way for you to ever see the truth about your world until you recognize this.

No. No.. You don't get what I am saying... What I am talking about is perception, not reality. This political arena is more so a psychological game than anything else.