Jump to topic:

Belief in Jesus Christ saves : )

Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:30:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
And He is appropriate for every conversation...

Would you like to know Jesus Christ? The freedom from sin, addictions,

and ruts; everlasting life gained; and the peace and hope Jesus Christ can offer you if you will only:

1) Believe that Jesus is the Son of God

2) Believe that He died on the cross for you and your sins, and rose to life on the third day

3) Ask Him for forgiveness of your sins

4) Put your trust in Him over your entire life

5) Commit your entire life to Him...

Romans 10:9 (NIV 2011) - If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

How can you know what the God of the Bible (Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit) requires of you unless you read His Word, the Holy Bible? Do you know that if you read 4 chapters a day in the Bible every day you will finish the Bible in 10 months time.

God Bless everyone : )
Jikpamu: Conservative "Libertarian" Born-Again Bible-Believing Christian
I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion (particularly abortion).
I am for anything Jesus and the Bible : )
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:17:32 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:30:32 PM, Jikpamu wrote:

and ruts; everlasting life gained; and the peace and hope Jesus Christ can offer you if you will only:

2) Believe that He died on the cross for you and your sins, and rose to life on the third day

Romans 10:9 (NIV 2011) - If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

How can you know what the God of the Bible (Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit) requires of you unless you read His Word, the Holy Bible? Do you know that if you read 4 chapters a day in the Bible every day you will finish the Bible in 10 months time.

There is a religion forum dipshit. Post there.
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:03:37 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:17:32 PM, Wylted wrote:

"He is appropriate for every conversation..."
And Hello Wylted. God Bless you : )
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:27:12 PM

God bless you too! Thank you for having the boldness to share this!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Jikpamu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 12:03:29 AM
At 7/11/2014 10:27:12 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Just trying to put my faith into practice. Forums are great for this. You can be bold for Christ with out having to worry about someone getting upset with you in your face...only across a keyboard.
Maybe one day I will take this practice into the real world for Christ : )
Have a great weekend mishapqueen.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:01:21 AM
At 7/12/2014 12:03:29 AM, Jikpamu wrote:
At 7/11/2014 10:27:12 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Just trying to put my faith into practice. Forums are great for this. You can be bold for Christ with out having to worry about someone getting upset with you in your face...only across a keyboard.
Maybe one day I will take this practice into the real world for Christ : )
Have a great weekend mishapqueen.

Thanks! You too!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:06:14 AM

Be nice -_-
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:08:41 AM

Chill out Wylted...Maybe he didn't know...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:10:13 AM

Grace and Peace :)
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:16:52 AM
Christianity prepares you for the afterlife, whose existence we doubt. That is why I stuck with Buddhism, whose focus is on the nature of existence and the meaning of life.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:18:35 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:16:52 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
Christianity prepares you for the afterlife, whose existence we doubt. That is why I stuck with Buddhism, whose focus is on the nature of existence and the meaning of life.

And then whn you die? Then what?
"Good Times" ~ Max
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:19:44 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:18:35 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

How about when you live? What does Christianity do for the living apart from preparing us from the dead?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:21:17 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:19:44 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

How about when you live? What does Christianity do for the living apart from preparing us from the dead?

Prepare us for whatever is to come our way whether good OR bad. It brings and gives us the hope, peace and comfort from God.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:23:08 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:21:17 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Prepare us for whatever is to come our way whether good OR bad. It brings and gives us the hope, peace and comfort from God.

HA! I knew something about God was going to come. In philosophical terms, I think Christianity does more to harm the human than to benefit him.

Especially when they deny scientific proof.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:23:18 AM

Not quite, the Bible also teaches you to value the meaning of life and to find purpose. The condemnation by the Law and salvation through faith in Jesus causes you to realize the value of life and teaches you to have compassion and mercy on others as well.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:24:38 AM

According to the Bible, we are to overcome this world and live according to our faith in Jesus.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:24:51 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:23:08 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

HA! I knew something about God was going to come. In philosophical terms, I think Christianity does more to harm the human than to benefit him.

How do you figure??

I never said science wasn't good either?
"Good Times" ~ Max
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:27:33 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:24:51 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

How do you figure??

Christianity has taken the part of all the weak, the low, the botched; it has made an ideal out of antagonism to all the self-preservative instincts of sound life; it has corrupted even the faculties of those natures that are intellectually most vigorous, by representing the highest intellectual values as sinful, as misleading, as full of temptation. The most lamentable example: the corruption of Pascal, who believed that his intellect had been destroyed by original sin, whereas it was actually destroyed by Christianity!

Nietzsche, Antichrist, Pg. 45

But you deny it. The bible is fallible. (ahem Mikal vs GOP)
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:28:31 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:23:18 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Not quite, the Bible also teaches you to value the meaning of life and to find purpose. The condemnation by the Law and salvation through faith in Jesus causes you to realize the value of life and teaches you to have compassion and mercy on others as well.

You have compassion and mercy to others; so utilitarian. Now I go for utility monster: What do you get out of it for yourself?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:30:48 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:28:31 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

You have compassion and mercy to others; so utilitarian. Now I go for utility monster: What do you get out of it for yourself?

The compassion and love shown by secular people exists, yes, but it's limited. The Love of God is limitless. I can show you sites where it says that you can choose to forgive a person, but in the Bible, you are commanded to forgive as Jesus forgave you.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:31:33 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:30:48 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/12/2014 11:28:31 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

The compassion and love shown by secular people exists, yes, but it's limited. The Love of God is limitless. I can show you sites where it says that you can choose to forgive a person, but in the Bible, you are commanded to forgive as Jesus forgave you.

You have yet to respond to my original question. Don't be a Ken Ham.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:37:26 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:27:33 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

How do you figure??

Christianity has taken the part of all the weak, the low, the botched; it has made an ideal out of antagonism to all the self-preservative instincts of sound life; it has corrupted even the faculties of those natures that are intellectually most vigorous, by representing the highest intellectual values as sinful, as misleading, as full of temptation. The most lamentable example: the corruption of Pascal, who believed that his intellect had been destroyed by original sin, whereas it was actually destroyed by Christianity!

Okay, Krit, you've showed me this quote or passage before, but if I may just ask, elaborate your argument and not just post something else. Tell me what your thinking concerning this. I can read it all I want and draw conclusions from it, but it helps to know precisely what your thinking regarding it.

Since when do I deny science? To deny science is to deny what God has made. I never said I denied science because it is a way of knowing God or seeing how God orgastrated things together. What I do deny is evolution. That I not even possible an I'll explain why... How can something come from nothing? A bang? Atoms? Where do all this come from? It didn't just "boom" and came to be? There had to be something to create it or cause it. Just like in my position it must've took a Being such as God to form what there is today.
Can a baby form itself in a mothers womb? No, right? It takes creation to happen from two people being together. Things don't just happen coincidentally or by chance. There's a cause and reason thing occur.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:43:01 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:37:26 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 7/12/2014 11:27:33 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

How do you figure??

Okay, Krit, you've showed me this quote or passage before, but if I may just ask, elaborate your argument and not just post something else. Tell me what your thinking concerning this. I can read it all I want and draw conclusions from it, but it helps to know precisely what your thinking regarding it.

Christianity assumes that all men are born into a condition of original sin, even when they're not. Men aren't similar in nature; some are egoistic, some are utilitaristic, some are rationalists. But when one is born Christian, sin nature takes them; the belief that one has to do compassion against one's will is destroying the pure institution of HIS passion.

Since when do I deny science? To deny science is to deny what God has made. I never said I denied science because it is a way of knowing God or seeing how God orgastrated things together. What I do deny is evolution. That I not even possible an I'll explain why... How can something come from nothing? A bang? Atoms? Where do all this come from? It didn't just "boom" and came to be? There had to be something to create it or cause it. Just like in my position it must've took a Being such as God to form what there is today.

EVOLUTION IS SCIENCE. Monkey-human genetic similarities; the Russian Fox Experiment; Whales with Legs in the Middle East. Provide me with a none-philosophical argument for creationism, because what is rational isn't always what is right.

Can a baby form itself in a mothers womb? No, right? It takes creation to happen from two people being together. Things don't just happen coincidentally or by chance. There's a cause and reason thing occur.

Quite ironic. Explain the Genesis Creation Story.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 12:09:37 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:08:41 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Chill out Wylted...Maybe he didn't know...

Sorry, I'm considering letting GCL punish me with a spanking, for this.