Jump to topic:

Cure for racism

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 9:39:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What cure do you think should be taught to stop racism? I hate racism for real. It's just being ignorant and also stereotypes. It's not just blacks who sag their pants. I sagged mine in high school witha long shirt as well and I'm not black (still do every now and then) I was trying to send a message. I talk slang and listen to the worst rap music people can think of lol. I'm not your average Mexican, in fact, I didn't like my roots. I just like being myself and appreciating alot of cultures. Not too fond of Mexico, unless I have a good reason to. I also wouldn't like to date my own race lol. If I had to pick, I pick a white girl, but wouldn't mind choosing other races even my own if that's what God wants. I think we should educate people by being creative.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:03:55 PM
Racists are like middle children -- acting out, whinging, etc., insisting that they're special little children who need a whole lot of attention. Adam and Eve syndrome, I've taken to calling it, and pretty much the whole world has it. That's just the birth of our psychology: "Oh, I'm special, look after me!" and it doesn't go away. And so you find people burying themselves in all sorts of isms looking to belong, to be special. And so you have some other curious little quirks of psychology too, absolutely fascinating once you know what to look out for. There is no solution, not realistically. There's the 10 Commandments and its equals to keep sh*t to a minimum. Or there's communism, giving everyone what they want, their belonging, their subsistency, etc. But then you get the dumbass knee-jerk reaction about individualism, stealing-our-souls Zamaytin's We sort of bullsh1t. And because you've a whole load of dumbass children still playing old games, basically. People will take refuge in anything, extend themselves into everything. Give them something decent.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:31:59 PM
At 7/12/2014 9:39:05 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What cure do you think should be taught to stop racism? I hate racism for real. It's just being ignorant and also stereotypes. It's not just blacks who sag their pants. I sagged mine in high school witha long shirt as well and I'm not black (still do every now and then) I was trying to send a message. I talk slang and listen to the worst rap music people can think of lol. I'm not your average Mexican, in fact, I didn't like my roots. I just like being myself and appreciating alot of cultures. Not too fond of Mexico, unless I have a good reason to. I also wouldn't like to date my own race lol. If I had to pick, I pick a white girl, but wouldn't mind choosing other races even my own if that's what God wants. I think we should educate people by being creative.

People are stupid, so nothing can be done.
Racism, to me, is nothing more than someone using your race to pre-judge you, and acting on it. Thus, your race is a label.

It is human nature to label and categorize things.
Criminals are bad. Children are innocent. Black people don't have names like Francisco Cortez. White men can't jump. X political party is stupid and shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Race, unlike most other characteristics, is easily spotted, thus easily categorized. That is the cause of racism, and there is no cure.

Now, if you are talking about overt acts of hatred, which most people refer to as racism, then the only solution is teaching the ignorant, but chances are, these people who'd rather hang you than talk to you, aren't the thinking types.
My work here is, finally, done.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:50:32 PM

"This is my commandment: that you love one another." That is the best cure!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:52:28 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:50:32 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

So true! I could have said that! Lol
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:53:13 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:52:28 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

It works!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:54:41 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:53:13 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

It works!

It sure does :-)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:58:15 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:54:41 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

It works!

If we show God's love to the world, nasty things like racism will fade from our minds.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:10:45 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:58:15 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

It works!

If we show God's love to the world, nasty things like racism will fade from our minds.

Could not agree more.. God's love cures everything
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:11:36 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:10:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/12/2014 11:58:15 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

It works!

Could not agree more.. God's love cures everything

It is a real panacea, no fake! :D

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:21:33 AM
There has been numerous studies done to show that people who read biographies of a person belonging to a group he's racist against that immediately after reading the biography there is a reduction in his racistness.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 10:12:57 AM
At 7/12/2014 10:03:55 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Racists are like middle children -- acting out, whinging, etc., insisting that they're special little children who need a whole lot of attention. Adam and Eve syndrome, I've taken to calling it, and pretty much the whole world has it. That's just the birth of our psychology: "Oh, I'm special, look after me!" and it doesn't go away. And so you find people burying themselves in all sorts of isms looking to belong, to be special. And so you have some other curious little quirks of psychology too, absolutely fascinating once you know what to look out for. There is no solution, not realistically. There's the 10 Commandments and its equals to keep sh*t to a minimum. Or there's communism, giving everyone what they want, their belonging, their subsistency, etc. But then you get the dumbass knee-jerk reaction about individualism, stealing-our-souls Zamaytin's We sort of bullsh1t. And because you've a whole load of dumbass children still playing old games, basically. People will take refuge in anything, extend themselves into everything. Give them something decent.

Exactly, you know, the media tends to shift the blame on blacks because they think that most gang-members are black when in reality, according to statistics, MOST gangs are HISPANICS! Furthermore, gangsters are not defined by color. There are gangs full of blacks and 1 white person and vice versa, a white gang can have black people in it.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 10:16:37 AM
Not to mention that I've noticed Hispanic gangs are pretty much alot more dangerous and violent than black gangs.
SkepticalStardust
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 3:21:44 PM

Keep in mind, because I think you're walking a thin line with what you're saying, that disliking a culture or part of a culture that's represented predominantly by one ethnicity isn't racism.

Here's Google's definition of racism:
"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

It's not racist to say that sagging pants looks trashy, but it is racist to say "Them blacks always saggin' their pants 'cause blacks is all dumb." In the US, most people who sag their pants are minorities, but that doesn't mean that most minorities sag their pants. In the same way, most serial killers in the US are white, but that doesn't mean that most white people are serial killers. Also, Asians, on average, have a higher IQ than any other ethnicity. This doesn't mean that a black, white, Hispanic, etc. person can't have an IQ higher than an Asian or even that a black, white, Hispanic, etc. person can't have the highest IQ in the world. It just means that Asians, on average, have a higher IQ than any other ethnicity.

I'm just bringing this up because people often call things racist when the word doesn't apply. I'm not saying you're using racism incorrectly; I'm just bringing it up.

I don't think there's one solution that can solve the problem of racism. Humans have a predisposition to dislike or not trust others that are viewed as different than themselves, just as other social animals do. A more integrated society would help. If anything, I'd say the existence of different cultures represented by predominately one ethnicity creates racism. The more different you view another ethnicity, the harder it is to identify with members of that ethnicity. The internet is creating a worldwide culture that I think may help over time.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." " Christopher Hitchens