Jump to topic:

Why do women cheat?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 7:17:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can see why a man would cheat, but a woman? When I walk in public, i get wives trying to send me " signals" in front of their husbands, like i'm the kind of man who let them experience a newness to guys. I don't mess with them and remove myself from that. Thoughts and stories?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 7:20:52 PM
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 8:35:16 PM
At 7/17/2014 7:17:19 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I can see why a man would cheat, but a woman? When I walk in public, i get wives trying to send me " signals" in front of their husbands, like i'm the kind of man who let them experience a newness to guys. I don't mess with them and remove myself from that. Thoughts and stories?

/r/thathappened
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 1:10:24 AM

What are these signals exactly? What do these wives actually do? And how do you know they're with their husbands and not their brothers or friends?
InnovativeEphemera
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 1:31:37 AM

For the same reasons as men, presumably? Sex is fun and feels good, unhappy in their relationship, lack of moral fibre, lack of respect. I can't think of too many reasons that would be different. Obviously neither should but when they do the reasons are probably similar.
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 1:45:49 AM
For the most part, I would say women cheat for the same reasons men do. Of course, regardless of the reasons, it's a sh**ty thing for anyone to do.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:03:34 AM
At 7/18/2014 1:10:24 AM, rross wrote:

What are these signals exactly? What do these wives actually do? And how do you know they're with their husbands and not their brothers or friends?

You can tell by their looks, they sometimes look away as if they nervous. Some also look at me like they are clearly interested. I can tell they with someone cuz they have kids and things for them. I talked to a woman with a man and a baby, she was telling me how bad he was treating her (I know was a bunch of exaggerated crap), she was also flirting with me, telling me about how she loyal, strong, passionate, etc One bragged to me about her bf as if to make me jealous (you a teacher, why do I need to know that?) Another one talked with me (think she liked me) she brought her bf and they looked at me like there was something up with me.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:31:42 AM

I don't see how there could be a difference in your eyes as to motivations for men and women cheating. Why does anyone cheat? They feel as though there's something to be gained. You could say that female sexual liberation contributed to it -- I don't think that's an argument against feminism, I'd like to clarify -- has contributed to a slight uptick in women cheating. But I think you're seeing the issue through colored glasses. Why not address cheating itself, rather than why one gender would choose to cheat?
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:36:19 AM
At 7/17/2014 8:35:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:

/r/thathappened

You're my hero.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:40:31 AM

Can't forget to ask, why do men cheat too?
It's both ways. :/
Just saying ...
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:54:49 AM
Every time I read something that this guy posts, I think of how he could have been a case study in Falling Into The Fire.
Tsar of DDO
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:03:54 AM
At 7/18/2014 10:40:31 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Can't forget to ask, why do men cheat too?
It's both ways. :/
Just saying ...

True
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:06:42 AM
At 7/18/2014 10:54:49 AM, YYW wrote:
Every time I read something that this guy posts, I think of how he could have been a case study in Falling Into The Fire.

What do you mean?
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:13:36 AM

maybe they are just creeped out by the weird guy staring at them trying to 'discern their signals'.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:15:04 AM
At 7/18/2014 11:13:36 AM, Cermank wrote:

maybe they are just creeped out by the weird guy staring at them trying to 'discern their signals'.

lol +1
I may or may not be a cat
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:17:26 AM
At 7/18/2014 11:06:42 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

What do you mean?

Falling Into The Fire is a book written by Christine Montross about a series of psychiatric patients she's worked with. The OP's posts exhibit dangerous signs that he, like Montross's patients, is out of touch with reality.
Tsar of DDO
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:27:28 AM
At 7/18/2014 11:17:26 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/18/2014 11:06:42 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

What do you mean?

Falling Into The Fire is a book written by Christine Montross about a series of psychiatric patients she's worked with. The OP's posts exhibit dangerous signs that he, like Montross's patients, is out of touch with reality.
Oh? I've never read that book. But ok then.
"Good Times" ~ Max
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 12:28:07 PM
At 7/18/2014 1:31:37 AM, InnovativeEphemera wrote:

For the same reasons as men, presumably? Sex is fun and feels good, unhappy in their relationship, lack of moral fibre, lack of respect. I can't think of too many reasons that would be different. Obviously neither should but when they do the reasons are probably similar.

Well the reason the question even exists has to do with male/female psychology. That is that in general, psychologically, men give and women take. When a male cheats on a female, he is practicing giving. This is more common than a woman cheating on a male, since that usually involves giving also, unless there was already another man who wanted to give to her and she took it. In that case she is taking in both circumstances, however that is rare. It is even more particularly rare when you consider that women are general exclusive, which probably has to do with the passing down of genes. So even though both may cheat, it would seem it is more tied in with male psychology to cheat.
Nolite Timere
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 1:57:09 PM

Lol, that's harsh!
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 2:02:49 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:13:36 AM, Cermank wrote:

"Good Times" ~ Max
Idiotbrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 2:53:31 PM
Why do men find broccoli to be more aesthetically pleasing than sparrows? Or, why do men have an inordinate preference for the moons of Jupiter while simultaneously praising the styled allegorical writings of GK Chesterton?

Oh wait, those things have nothing to do with what's in your crotch. Nor do they have anything to with meaningless, sweeping generalizations

Individuals do stuff, like stuff, think stuff.

Genders share anatomical similarities but the actual differences between the two are insignificant, and the differences between individuals even of the same gender are often more significant :-)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 3:25:54 PM
At 7/18/2014 10:03:34 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Another one talked with me (think she liked me) she brought her bf and they looked at me like there was something up with me.

At the grocery store:

"hey checkout stand girl, what up?"
"um, hey, would you like paper or plastic?"
"plastic" (omg she is talking to me, she must really like me) "so you got any plans for the weekend?"
"um, yeah, my boyfriend and i are going out to a fancy dinner later tonight..."
"oh yeah, where??"
"umm, Chez Chandon"
"oh cool"

[three hours later at Chez Chandon]

"hey checkout girl, what's up"
[Truth_seeker pulls up chair and sits at the table with checkout girl and her boyfriend]
[she and her boyfriend give Truth_seeker weird looks]
Truth_seeker to self: yup, nailed it. She digs me.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 3:38:55 PM
At 7/18/2014 3:25:54 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Another one talked with me (think she liked me) she brought her bf and they looked at me like there was something up with me.

At the grocery store:

"hey checkout stand girl, what up?"
"um, hey, would you like paper or plastic?"
"plastic" (omg she is talking to me, she must really like me) "so you got any plans for the weekend?"
"um, yeah, my boyfriend and i are going out to a fancy dinner later tonight..."
"oh yeah, where??"
"umm, Chez Chandon"
"oh cool"

[three hours later at Chez Chandon]

"hey checkout girl, what's up"
[Truth_seeker pulls up chair and sits at the table with checkout girl and her boyfriend]
[she and her boyfriend give Truth_seeker weird looks]
Truth_seeker to self: yup, nailed it. She digs me.

What the flapjacks! Lol.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 7:18:52 PM
Truth_seeker: I can see why a man would cheat, but a woman?

Truth_seeker: You can tell by their looks, they sometimes look away as if they nervous.

The Fool: Really, because that's what a woman will do to avoid unwanted passes.

Truth_seeker: Some also look at me like they are clearly interested.

The Fool: Oh those women look at all the guys....

They are called prostitutes.
<(89)

Truth_seeker: I can tell they with someone cuz they have kids and things for them. I talked to a woman with a man and a baby, she was telling me how bad he was treating her (I know was a bunch of exaggerated crap), she was also flirting with me, telling me about how she loyal, strong, passionate, etc

The Fool: Well you know, many people are filled with exaggerated crap. But I always try and seek the truth.

Truth_seeker: One bragged to me about her bf as if to make me jealous.

The Fool: Or, Or...Telling you that she was taken and satisfied.

Truth_seeker: (you a teacher, why do I need to know that?)

The Fool: Perhaps so that you don't get your as-s kicked. Perhaps.... Maybe that's not the case.

Truth_seeker: Another one talked with me (think she liked me) she brought her bf and they looked at me like there was something up with me.

The Fool: Nuff, said.

Against The Ideologist

Must mean they want a threesome.
<(8D)

I think this might interest you as well.
http://www.livescience.com...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 8:11:25 PM
At 7/18/2014 12:28:07 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

xXCryptoXx: Well the reason the question even exists has to do with male/female psychology. :That is that in general, psychologically, men give and women take.

The Fool: I know what you mean, but that's just a "LITTLE BIT" of an oversimplification.

xXCryptoXx: "When a male cheats on a female, he is practicing giving."

The Fool: LOL. You are completely on your own with that one..

xXCryptoXx: This is more common than a woman cheating on a male, since that usually involves giving also, unless there was already another man who wanted to give to her and she took it. In that case she is taking in both circumstances, however that is rare. It is even more particularly rare when you consider that women are general exclusive, which probably has to do with the passing down of genes.

The Fool: Rough""

xXCryptoXx: So even though both may cheat, it would seem it is more tied in with male psychology to cheat.

The Fool: Well, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I will tell you what a fool once told me. For she said that women cheat, but, as opposed to men, it's less likely, simply for sex, but that she is "receiving" something else that she's not getting in her relationship.

Against The Ideologist

She needs some more "fool" in her life.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:29:03 PM
At 7/18/2014 1:57:09 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Lol, that's harsh!

Harsh? Maybe. Factual. Yes.
Tsar of DDO
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:29:59 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:29:03 PM, YYW wrote:

Lol, that's harsh!

I suppose. I feel bad for the poor guy though.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:30:48 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:29:59 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Lol, that's harsh!

In a "there but for the grace of God go I?" sort of way?
Tsar of DDO
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:35:15 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:30:48 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/18/2014 11:29:59 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

Lol, that's harsh!

In a "there but for the grace of God go I?" sort of way?

I'll be honest: I actually had to google that, haha. There's a dictionary entry for it! I remember Obama using that as a justification for, I think, SNAP benefits.

But, in context: yeah, I could see that. I'd be probably be more reserved, though, if I were in his place.
~JohnMaynardKeynes