Jump to topic:

Math, Logic and Feminism

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 11:49:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Fool: There is a relatively new branch of philosophy, called feminist analytic philosophy. Analytic philosophy of course, is mostly in regards to math and logic, and perhaps Philosophy of science. The very nature of it, is that it is objective and unbiased. So what was mean, to have feminist mathematics, or feminist logic.

"Analytic feminists are philosophers who believe that both philosophy and feminism are well served by using some of the concepts, theories, and methods of analytic philosophy modified by feminist values and insights. "
http://plato.stanford.edu...

I think I Might have discovered on this video. Because I don't understand the logic in this type of feminist reasoning. Perhaps someone can explain to me what they mean?

Against The Ideologist

Canadians talking about American politics...lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL