Total Posts:107|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Right wing adopts Islamaphobia

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 9:24:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've been going into the darker parts of the internet lately. I mean........ the really dark parts. I knew that there was a lot of Muslim hate after 9/11, but never really anything to extreme. Until I started observing these extreme right wing forums, where 1000's of conservatives would flock. I've never seen so many hateful things said about Islam. Literally the trashiest and most unfair treatment of a social group I've ever seen. Is Islamaphobia the new "homophobia"?

As someone who lives near an incredibly large Muslim community (40,000 Yemeni Arabs in Dearborn), and know the various black muslim communities in Detroit and Romulus, I find it sickening how these people have developed such a twisted view on the religion. They have somehow demonized billions of people, do to 9/11. Maybe I'll earn some hate by saying this, but the whole 9/11 scare was overhyped anyways. Other countries face simmalar attacks, disasters, or violence, but when it happens in America, we declare war on a foreign government, and start distributing anti-muslim propaganda.

I was watching an HBO documentary a couple days a go about the "Cromite terrorist plot". It brought up memories of several similar cases at the time. Where the FBI were caught entrapping Muslims into terrorist attacks so they could gain support for the war on terror, and increase the budget. I mean, how silly is that? The NSA and FBI from 2006 to 20009 was caught trying to encourage terrorism, so they could catch them before the act was committed.

Another example of how Islamaphobia in this country is running rampant. That our own government, politicians, and bureaucrats are turning against the Muslim community to receive support and funding. I'm more interested in WHY society has outcasted this religion in particular. Some fundamentalist Christians suddenly see all arab's as terrorists. I remember going to the Romulus airport once, and seeing this middle aged white chick (probably from a state without arabs) start pointing at this Yemeni man. Almost like he was guilty of something. I don't know. I'm mostly venting and looking for answers to this soft bigotry.

Discuss
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 9:31:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I did find this poll though. I bet opinions will change as more Muslims flood to the US. It is easy for some southern conservative family to say "Oh, we respect all religions and cultures". Up until the neighborhood Omani is cooking roasted pig in his lawn that is. I assure you that's the end of so called "American Tolerance".
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...
Let's be honest. Americans are only tolerant to social groups that don't represent more than 1% of the population. We'll slowly start seeing what's happening in Britain. A lot of new immigration flooding on the territory of white xenophobic nationalists.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:02:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I hear what you're saying, but to be fair there is a very good reason for not allowing Muslim immigrants to become the majority.
You don't believe that will ever happen here? I mean, they're a pretty small minority, right?
Here's a bit of research for ya:
http://muslimmedianetwork.com...
http://www.digitaljournal.com...
http://www.jewishpress.com...
Good 'ole minority Muslims ain't never gonna take over here...riiigghhht?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:15:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:02:42 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but to be fair there is a very good reason for not allowing Muslim immigrants to become the majority.
You don't believe that will ever happen here? I mean, they're a pretty small minority, right?
Believe what will happen here? What are you implying?
Good 'ole minority Muslims ain't never gonna take over here...riiigghhht?
Whether or not they'll become a majority is irrelevant. I referred specifically to Islamaphobia in America. Please stay on track. Or are you saying that a Muslim majority is a bad thing?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:18:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:02:42 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
http://muslimmedianetwork.com...
What does Caucasus immigration to Russia have to do with the op?
http://www.digitaljournal.com...
Again, massive immigration to Britain is hardly a big deal
http://www.jewishpress.com...
This article is false. Muslims represent 1% of the French population. The article suggests there are more Muslims than Catholics. Fabrication of facts.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:20:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There is definitely a lot of Islamaphobia out there and it's a shame because literally every Muslim I know (and I know a lot) is an awesome person. What kind of stuff have you been seeing?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:21:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:15:20 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:02:42 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but to be fair there is a very good reason for not allowing Muslim immigrants to become the majority.
You don't believe that will ever happen here? I mean, they're a pretty small minority, right?
Believe what will happen here? What are you implying?
Good 'ole minority Muslims ain't never gonna take over here...riiigghhht?
Whether or not they'll become a majority is irrelevant. I referred specifically to Islamaphobia in America. Please stay on track. Or are you saying that a Muslim majority is a bad thing?

Yeah, it has REALLY worked out great for those Muslim countries! All those wonderful genocides and civil wars, groups like Boko Haram or Al-Qaeda forming to overturn the Government every few decades, etc. I just can't wait to pay a religious tax so that the police will or will not protect me from the savage mobs!
No, not all Muslims are like that. However, when they become the majority of the population, this is what such a nation will end up like.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:23:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:18:36 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:02:42 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
http://muslimmedianetwork.com...
What does Caucasus immigration to Russia have to do with the op?
http://www.digitaljournal.com...
Again, massive immigration to Britain is hardly a big deal
http://www.jewishpress.com...
This article is false. Muslims represent 1% of the French population. The article suggests there are more Muslims than Catholics. Fabrication of facts.

They consist of about 5-10% of the population.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?

A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades. IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:29:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?
20. I'm even dating one.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.

Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:30:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?

A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades. IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
Guess which group burns witches.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:30:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.

Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.

Oh. And the nazis wore the black cross.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:30:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:30:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?

A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades. IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
Guess which group burns witches.

Several centuries ago, you mean.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:31:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:30:56 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:30:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?

A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades. IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
Guess which group burns witches.

Several centuries ago, you mean.
Nope. Still happening in Africa.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:31:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:30:47 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.

Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.

Oh. And the nazis wore the black cross.

The Swastika isn't even a Christian symbol. It came from Hinduism, I think.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:33:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:31:27 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:30:56 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:30:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?

A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades. IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
Guess which group burns witches.

Several centuries ago, you mean.
Nope. Still happening in Africa.

On a much smaller scale compared to what the Muslims are doing. Besides, I'm sure a lot of that is because they're fed up with Muslims burning their villages and murdering their children.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:33:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:31:47 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:30:47 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.

Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.

Oh. And the nazis wore the black cross.

The Swastika isn't even a Christian symbol. It came from Hinduism, I think.
... A cross and swastika are different things. Hate using wikipedia but this is the simplest way to explain the iron cross. http://en.wikipedia.org...
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:35:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:33:34 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:31:47 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:30:47 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.

Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.

Oh. And the nazis wore the black cross.

The Swastika isn't even a Christian symbol. It came from Hinduism, I think.
... A cross and swastika are different things. Hate using wikipedia but this is the simplest way to explain the iron cross. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The Nazis didn't start the usage of that symbol.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:38:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:35:09 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:33:34 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:31:47 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:30:47 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:28:46 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Let us all forget every single time Christianity has f**ked the world. Let us all forget the Crusades, and the Holy Roman Empire. Let us all forget the colonization of America. And let us all forget EVERY christian nation of Europe and America adopting the trade of African slaves. Let us all forget, my brothers! Let us all believe christianity to be 100% innocent compared to islam.

Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.

Oh. And the nazis wore the black cross.

The Swastika isn't even a Christian symbol. It came from Hinduism, I think.
... A cross and swastika are different things. Hate using wikipedia but this is the simplest way to explain the iron cross. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The Nazis didn't start the usage of that symbol.

But they sure as hell employed it. Speaking from personal experience, Germany is a christian nation (traditionally). Germans even celebrate the last day of April in memory of our Saint.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:43:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:25:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.

There's pretty much a 0% chance Islam will become the majority religion in the United States and, if it did, so what? How many Muslims do you know, personally?

A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.

Islam is still not even close to being the majority religion in Europe. It's also important to note that immigration differs by country--the United States has a lot more experience and cultural norms that aid in assimilation than Europe does and a far more vibrant active religious (and overwhelmingly Christian) scene than Europe has had in at least the entire post war era.

B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades.

I'm not too familiar with social conditions outside of the Western world. I feel like the same argument could've been made for a lot of immigrant groups however. "Name one European country where the monarch isn't treated as better than everyone else!". Again I ask, how many Muslims do you, personally, know? Extremist Muslim groups have done horrible things to this country--your knee jerk reaction is, while not justified, understandable. But it is also an incredibly flawed reaction and an unfair judgement to render on well over a billion people based on the actions of very few.

IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:56:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:20:56 PM, thett3 wrote:
There is definitely a lot of Islamaphobia out there and it's a shame because literally every Muslim I know (and I know a lot) is an awesome person. What kind of stuff have you been seeing?
Soft bigotry for the most part. Not open discrimination, but more of a social outcast kind of thing.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:58:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:21:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Yeah, it has REALLY worked out great for those Muslim countries!
I'm sure poverty has nothing to do with it
All those wonderful genocides and civil wars, groups like Boko Haram or Al-Qaeda forming to overturn the Government every few decades, etc.
Name the last time Al-Qaeda or Boko Haram overthrew a government
I just can't wait to pay a religious tax so that the police will or will not protect me from the savage mobs!
Again, I think you're scapegoating the wrong problem.
No, not all Muslims are like that.
Sure you do. You pretty much said it
However, when they become the majority of the population, this is what such a nation will end up like.
And it's impossible to have a majority of "not all muslims"?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 12:01:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
.........
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals
This isn't true for any country. Even in America you're discriminated against if you're not Muslim, but if you insist. I can think of several Muslim countries that legally protect all religions......

- Turkey
- Kazahkastan
- Azerbaijan
- Albania
- Bosnia
- Tunisia
and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades.
There are militants in every nation
IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
Do you know that the AEN report concluded it was actually Catholics who were most anti-semetic?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 12:02:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:21:29 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hopefully I'll be dead before Islam becomes the majority religion here.
Xenophobia! Nationalism! Galore!
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 12:03:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/30/2014 12:01:43 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:29:15 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
A. That's probably what they were saying about the Islamic population in Europe a few years ago.
.........
B. Before you say it'd be a good thing, name one Muslim country where non-Muslims are treated as equals
This isn't true for any country. Even in America you're discriminated against if you're not Muslim, but if you insist. I can think of several Muslim countries that legally protect all religions......

- Turkey
- Kazahkastan
- Azerbaijan
- Albania
- Bosnia
- Tunisia
and there are no groups like Boko Haram or the Taliban forming every few decades.
There are militants in every nation
IN FACT, Anti-Semitic attacks have been on the rise in Europe for the past several decades. Guess which group is responsible for most of these incidents.
Do you know that the AEN report concluded it was actually Catholics who were most anti-semetic?
I would like to add that Turkey is doing quite well for itself for a nation with a Muslim traditions.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 12:14:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/29/2014 11:29:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Indeed, because Christians totally burn people at stakes in the modern age.
Since you insist, here are several countries where christian terrorism has become a major problem.....

- Central African Republic. Seleka millitant's often rape, murder, and pillage the countryside. Although Christianity is a majority, the leaders announced it as a goal to murder and execute all Muslims.

- Nigeria has the largest concentration of Christian terrorism in the world. With Muslims in the north, and Christians in the South.

- South Sudan, Uganda, and the DRC suffer from extreme christian militancy. Especially at the height of the Lords Resistance insurgency.

- Syria has about 5 Christian terrorist groups operational within its borders.

- Russia has about a dozen armed orthodox "millitia's", that travel to other nations killing catholics.

- Ireland has about 20 armed factions within its borders. Half of them are designed solely to combat Protestantism or Catholicism.

- The Anselm movement of India, a Christian dominated group, allied with the naxalites, making it one of the largest terrorist groups on earth.

- Philippine's have about 4 armed "rebel groups" dedicated towards Protestantism controlled Isles.

- China and Korea have christian terrorism the worst, suffering from attacks each month on their respective southern borders.

- The armies of Southern Thailand, who are labeled terrorists by the USFG, are comprised of several christian brigades.

Bubba, maybe you haven't caught on yet, but the only reason the infamous seleka militants don't make it as terrorists, is because it isn't Muslim nations revising the list. It is conservative christian politicians. The word terrorism is highly subjective, which is why several news companies banned its use. Reuters, a news agency I enjoy (partially because they don't use the word terrorism), agree that every army on earth qualifies as terrorists. The difference between a rebel and a terrorist these days is incredibly blurry.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8