Jump to topic:

Same Sex opposition

kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:12:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I live in the Nations Capitol. I frequently am on Capitol Hill. Yesterday was particularly interesting. I was driving past the Supreme Court, and saw signs that would make Hitler proud.

I saw signs that said..."God hates you", God hates you you Faggot and so on and so forth. Too many not worth mentioning, but anyhow, I was appalled at what I saw. I am for freedom of speech, but the people who were waiving these hate filled messages had their children out there holding them right along with them.

Alot of these folks claim to be Christians, which I am one of myself, but that is not Christlike behavior. How can you claim to be a follower of the most high and have so much hate in your heart?

Nevertheless, I believe that it is not God's plan for there to be homosexuality, but I also think that if God is said to be Love, than where did these people loose their moral compass? This isn't a religious topic in my opinion, this is something that is detrimental to our society as a whole.

These are the same folks who want to vote people like Palin in to office, and think that Limbaugh is a great mouthpiece for there cause.

My inquiry is how can people say they are for fellow man, and have the unmitigated gall to spew hate everytime they come into public? It seems as though these very people are in fact the ones who are a few floors short in their elevators.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:16:35 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:12:40 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I live in the Nations Capitol. I frequently am on Capitol Hill. Yesterday was particularly interesting. I was driving past the Supreme Court, and saw signs that would make Hitler proud.

I saw signs that said..."God hates you", God hates you you Faggot and so on and so forth. Too many not worth mentioning, but anyhow, I was appalled at what I saw. I am for freedom of speech, but the people who were waiving these hate filled messages had their children out there holding them right along with them.

Alot of these folks claim to be Christians, which I am one of myself, but that is not Christlike behavior. How can you claim to be a follower of the most high and have so much hate in your heart?

Nevertheless, I believe that it is not God's plan for there to be homosexuality, but I also think that if God is said to be Love, than where did these people loose their moral compass? This isn't a religious topic in my opinion, this is something that is detrimental to our society as a whole.

Do you mean the hate banners and/or homosexuality.
The banners certainly are, homosexuality is not.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:18:27 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:16:35 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Do you mean the hate banners and/or homosexuality.
The banners certainly are, homosexuality is not.

the banners, and the intent of the people carrying the banners.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:20:42 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:18:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:

Oh I see!
Don't you have hate speech crimes in the USA?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:21:59 AM
Kelly's Back!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:22:42 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:20:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Oh I see!

That wasn't the question.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:24:03 AM

Oh I see!

No, we have free speech in the USA
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:24:24 AM

These are the same folks who want to vote people like Palin in to office, and think that Limbaugh is a great mouthpiece for there cause.

My inquiry is how can people say they are for fellow man, and have the unmitigated gall to spew hate everytime they come into public? It seems as though these very people are in fact the ones who are a few floors short in their elevators.

It seems that it's always people that are in denial that post ignorance.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:26:10 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:22:42 AM, kelly224 wrote:

Oh I see!

It clearly was my question, so I will repeat it.

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:27:50 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:26:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Oh I see!

If you say "I hate F@gs" and punch a gay dude in the face. You'll get a harsher punishment.

But you can say "I hate F@gs" all you like, so long as you don't assault someone.

Metaphysics:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:37:10 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:27:50 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

If you say "I hate F@gs" and punch a gay dude in the face. You'll get a harsher punishment.

But you can say "I hate F@gs" all you like, so long as you don't assault someone.

I forget which philosopher it is who acknowledges that there shouldn't be such thing as 100% free speech (I think it's Plato but I'll ask Vi later to make sure) exactly for commentary like this. The argument is that this type of speech has no political value and only perpetuates hate and negativity. The concept of free speech, according to this guy, is to make your political voice heard but using your free speech just to verbally assault another was not the intention of the concept of free speech. Now I'm not saying I agree with him, but I wish Vi was here to tell you more about it.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:38:15 AM

Jesus might not "hate" them but The Big Guy would...

Turn'em to salt just to see'em go to the eternal torment you gave set aside, for that bit of your creation, a bit faster... pretty not-nice.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:39:36 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:37:10 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 3/4/2010 7:27:50 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I forget which philosopher it is who acknowledges that there shouldn't be such thing as 100% free speech (I think it's Plato but I'll ask Vi later to make sure)

Definitely sounds like Plato... He wanted Poetry to be state approved :) Basically only poetry for the sake of propaganda

Metaphysics:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:40:45 AM
Also, I'd like to throw in my $0.02 that gay people really piss me off for letting people get away with this. I also blame the media for society's lack of concern for this kind of hate speech (lack of attention). If these people were marching and said, "God hates N1GGERS!" it would be all over every news channel and in every paper, with entire commentarys and blogs about being PC, about these people being jerks, etc. I can see the CNN panels on it now with this type of negativity being at the forefront of political and cultural discussion. Yet for some reason, everybody looks the other way when these people do it. For them to say that God hates black people would be seen as disgusting and incredibly frowned down upon all over the media. Meanwhile, they say God hates f-gs and get away with it. Where's the gay Al Sharpton? Eh, on second thought, a gay Al Sharpton would be TERRIBLE lol but you get my point.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:40:54 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:37:10 AM, theLwerd wrote:

The argument is that this type of speech has no political value and only perpetuates hate and negativity. The concept of free speech, according to this guy, is to make your political voice heard but using your free speech just to verbally assault another was not the intention of the concept of free speech. Now I'm not saying I agree with him, but I wish Vi was here to tell you more about it.

Maybe not Plato?..

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 7:44:25 AM
At 3/4/2010 7:40:45 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Eh, on second thought, a gay Al Sharpton would be TERRIBLE lol but you get my point.

Big Gay AL :)

yeah religious belief can lead to all sorts of unreasonable positions.

Metaphysics:
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 11:29:04 AM
The way I see Christians hating homosexuals is like this:

I think that Christian's views regarding homosexuality are hypocritical. The law that forbids homosexuality is found in the old testament. There are many that believe that the supposed coming of Jesus fulfilled a prophecy that made the old testament laws invalid and ushered in the law of the new testament. These Christians typically don't have a problem with homosexuals. It is the Christians that pick and choose what old testament laws to follow that I find hypocritical. If one of the laws of he old testament is supposed to be followed then they are all meant to be followed.

These laws include:
*Forcing a raped woman to marry her rapist.
*Stoning homosexuals to death
*You're allowed to keep slaves and as long as you don't kill them you can do whatever you like to them
*Men can sell their daughters into slavery
*Disobedient children are to be stoned to death
*A man is to kill his entire family if they try and get him to worship other gods
*If some people in other towns are teaching another religion your town is to go and kill everyone in said town, curse the ground, then burn the remains of the bodies and town
*Some races of people are not allowed to be Christians
*You can't eat any animals with cloven hooves
*You can't wear clothing with mixed fibers

These are just some of the laws that a vast majority of Christians don't follow. At least that is how I interpret it.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:16:31 PM

Oh I see!

This isn't your thread.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:20:07 PM
At 3/4/2010 7:40:45 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Also, I'd like to throw in my $0.02 that gay people really piss me off for letting people get away with this. I also blame the media for society's lack of concern for this kind of hate speech (lack of attention). If these people were marching and said, "God hates N1GGERS!" it would be all over every news channel and in every paper, with entire commentarys and blogs about being PC, about these people being jerks, etc. I can see the CNN panels on it now with this type of negativity being at the forefront of political and cultural discussion. Yet for some reason, everybody looks the other way when these people do it. For them to say that God hates black people would be seen as disgusting and incredibly frowned down upon all over the media. Meanwhile, they say God hates f-gs and get away with it. Where's the gay Al Sharpton? Eh, on second thought, a gay Al Sharpton would be TERRIBLE lol but you get my point.

Well, there is always some double standard in America that people negate from their memories. No one knows who God hates, it is always some self righteous lunatic who proclaims to know what God wants.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:21:13 PM
At 3/4/2010 7:38:15 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Turn'em to salt just to see'em go to the eternal torment you gave set aside, for that bit of your creation, a bit faster... pretty not-nice.

Do you read God's thoughts? If Jesus is God in the flesh, than how would that not parallel one another.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:21:29 PM
At 3/4/2010 1:16:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

Oh I see!

This isn't your thread.

are you kiddin me? so we're all limited to Your EXACT question on the topic.

Things related to/stemming from the topic Can't be discussed.

Ridonkulous!

Metaphysics:
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:23:46 PM
At 3/4/2010 11:29:04 AM, Korashk wrote:
The way I see Christians hating homosexuals is like this:

I think that Christian's views regarding homosexuality are hypocritical. The law that forbids homosexuality is found in the old testament. There are many that believe that the supposed coming of Jesus fulfilled a prophecy that made the old testament laws invalid and ushered in the law of the new testament. These Christians typically don't have a problem with homosexuals. It is the Christians that pick and choose what old testament laws to follow that I find hypocritical. If one of the laws of he old testament is supposed to be followed then they are all meant to be followed.

I find this to be true as well. People pick and choose what scriptures are relevant to them, and most of the time they interpret the text wrong.

These laws include:
*Forcing a raped woman to marry her rapist.
*Stoning homosexuals to death
*You're allowed to keep slaves and as long as you don't kill them you can do whatever you like to them
*Men can sell their daughters into slavery
*Disobedient children are to be stoned to death
*A man is to kill his entire family if they try and get him to worship other gods
*If some people in other towns are teaching another religion your town is to go and kill everyone in said town, curse the ground, then burn the remains of the bodies and town
*Some races of people are not allowed to be Christians
*You can't eat any animals with cloven hooves
*You can't wear clothing with mixed fibers

These are just some of the laws that a vast majority of Christians don't follow. At least that is how I interpret it.

Good points.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:25:16 PM
At 3/4/2010 1:21:29 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/4/2010 1:16:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

Oh I see!

This isn't your thread.

are you kiddin me? so we're all limited to Your EXACT question on the topic.

Things related to/stemming from the topic Can't be discussed.

Ridonkulous!

You didn't answer the OP. YES there are hate speeches in America..example KKK, and Arayan Nations.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:29:00 PM

I didn't answer the original post??

Kung FU kelly

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:30:25 PM
also ..
yeah religious belief can lead to all sorts of unreasonable positions.

Metaphysics:
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:44:02 PM
At 3/4/2010 1:29:00 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I didn't answer the original post??

Kung FU kelly

lol
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 6:49:06 PM

Morality is not birthed in religion. Morality is the product of social order Religion has adopted what is socially acceptable as rules, in turn, people lose the fact that religion is not the birth of moral.
(or a moral compass)

Well, that maybe true.

That is what I have struggled with for years.
But I have realized what Jefferson realized. If it is engaging in attempt to being socially acceptable than the foundation of freedom should be at the forefront of your mind.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 12:23:54 PM
At 3/4/2010 7:28:17 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Booooooooooooo, people are lame.

thanks for your constructive response. You must be extremely proud of your intellectual response.