Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 8:26:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I just watched this video

#start=0:00;end=6:24;cycles=-1;autoreplay=false

and I wanna know if any females/Males in the US can vouch for this video? are cat calls or wolf whistles really that common on the street or is this video exaggerating it

This doesn't really happen in Thailand or I don't pay attention to it because I'm an expat and don't really pick up on social exchanges like this
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 8:54:25 AM
At 8/2/2014 8:26:39 AM, Dennybug wrote:

and I wanna know if any females/Males in the US can vouch for this video? are cat calls or wolf whistles really that common on the street or is this video exaggerating it
:
This doesn't really happen in Thailand or I don't pay attention to it because I'm an expat and don't really pick up on social exchanges like this

The latter. I'm sure you've heard of the 13 y-o girl who was raped by the State Railway Worker and thrown out of the train. You've also heard about illegal migrants getting drunk (hopefully) and raping passer-by. I was at a mall yesterday and I heard three cat calls.

The prostitution trade can also be called this; and the prostitution trade (literally funded by foreign migrants coming to Thailand for cheap sex) is much more serious than these cat calls et all.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 9:13:20 AM
At 8/2/2014 8:54:25 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

:

The latter. I'm sure you've heard of the 13 y-o girl who was raped by the State Railway Worker and thrown out of the train. You've also heard about illegal migrants getting drunk (hopefully) and raping passer-by. I was at a mall yesterday and I heard three cat calls.

The prostitution trade can also be called this; and the prostitution trade (literally funded by foreign migrants coming to Thailand for cheap sex) is much more serious than these cat calls et all.

so its worldwide, KRIT IM LEAVING THIS EARTH, you can have my underwear.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 10:16:57 AM
At 8/2/2014 9:13:20 AM, Dennybug wrote:

:

0_o nty
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 10:59:10 AM
At 8/2/2014 9:13:20 AM, Dennybug wrote:

:

WTF
I may or may not be a cat
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 12:55:36 PM
I live in Canada.

I've literally never seen or heard of anyone actually cat-calling.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 2:58:59 PM

When I walk to the library which is 1.6 miles away I get a average of 6. Then I just flip them off...
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 3:00:55 PM
At 8/2/2014 2:58:59 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:

When I walk to the library which is 1.6 miles away I get a average of 6. Then I just flip them off...

hmm does it make a difference if there's a guy or other woman accompanying you?
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 3:02:37 PM
At 8/2/2014 3:00:55 PM, Dennybug wrote:

When a guy is you wouldn't get any, if another girl is you'd get more.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 3:05:55 PM
At 8/2/2014 3:02:37 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 8/2/2014 3:00:55 PM, Dennybug wrote:

When a guy is you wouldn't get any, if another girl is you'd get more.

F*ckers
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 2:02:06 AM

Sad.

Depends on what city I'm in. Thankfully, where I live now is not as bad. But pretty much every other city I've lived in (4 in the U.S.- one of them actually the D.C. area), I can't go outside without being catcalled at least once. I even got catcalled once while wearing full snow-gear on my way to work. It blew my mind that the guy was even able to tell I was a woman at all. He then followed me, asking for my number, and I told him I live with my boyfriend. And at that point, he still didn't back off. He actually asked me if we were "in love" and continued to heckle me. wtf??? People are seriously weird.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:46:28 AM

Well, I can't watch the video, but I can give you some insight.

Catcalls are a sign of unsophistication. It doesn't happen as much in places where people have self respect.

But, then, age also plays a role -- teenagers and old men are probably most likely to do that silliness.

I'm not really sure catcalls are made with the intention of actually getting attention from the girl, though. In situations where people are distinctly trying to get laid, like in clubs, bars, and parties, I don't think they happen at all. Well, except when people start taking their clothes off or they hit it off in a way that should probably be happening in one of their bedrooms. Then men and women alike tend to cheer and whistle.

And then, of course, it all depends on what you consider a catcall. If you're talking about a guy shouting "hey, baby, do those legs go all the way up?!", high-fiving his buddy and using crude sign language reserved for children or the mildly retarded, following a girl trying to talk to her in the most desperate way possible, or his head transforming into a cartoon wolf's while he whistle at dangerous decibels and kicks one of his legs, I don't see that very often at all. When I do, it's exclusively from wet, sloppy douches.

But, if you're talking about any sort of commentary whatsoever, yeah -- I've done that. Sometimes, a girl is just bedazzlingly beautiful, and it warrants something said. Usually, it would be along the lines of "wow, you're pretty," as they pass by. Most times, the women seem to appreciate it. Sometimes, they take offense. Either way, I always shrug it off -- it's not meant as anything except a compliment.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:59:35 AM
Cat-calls don't usually happen in my country (Philippines) probably because the beautiful females in my country automatically get celebrity status and own a car. I do remember seeing a bunch of poor kids complimenting a womans breast though I'm not sure if you can count it as a cat-call.