Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Is Hip Hop/Chav culture Positive/Negative?

thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 5:22:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There seems to be a negative effect on society on how Chav/Hip Hop counterculture effects general society.

There seems to be an increasing inherent progression towards having Materialistic values, Romanticisation of the idea of crime to show to each other how much 'street credit' one has, degradation of women through an explicit and over sexualisation of the idea of women being nothing more than prostitutes.

I understand that every single decade or generation has it's anti-establishment counter-culture like in the 1950's we had the Mods and the Rockers, in the 1960's we had the anti-war environmentalist hippies, in the 1970's we had the archaic punk counter culture. Now we seem to have a hip hop culture which seems unfit for the 21st century.

There is no aspiration in the chav/hip hop culture and while the hippies could be described close to a social movement I can't seem to see any positive values within the Chav/Hip hop culture.

I would like each person to ask as best they can a couple of questions below to get the discussion going

Is Hip Hop/Chav Culture a declining/growing trend?
Has the Hip Hop Culture overstayed it's welcome?
What will take Hip Hop/Chav cultures place?
What is your opinion on the Hip Hop/Chav Culture?
What are the positive/negative effects does Hip Hop/Chav culture have on society?

For those of you that don't know what the term Chav is for those that may be American who have never heard the word. a Chav is young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of (real or imitation) designer clothes.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

https://www.google.co.uk...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 5:37:25 PM
Big surprise, yer white.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 6:21:07 PM
At 8/4/2014 6:01:03 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
What the hell is Chav?

It's like the UK version of that beloved word "wigger"
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 6:24:02 PM
At 8/4/2014 6:21:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
What the hell is Chav?

I dont like chavs. No one likes chavs, even chavs don't like other chavs...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:17:02 PM
At 8/4/2014 5:37:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Big surprise, yer white.

Did you not watch the video? There is a comment in the video that describes chavs as predominantly white. I am look for the positives and negatives of the culture.
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:19:30 PM
At 8/4/2014 6:24:02 PM, NiamC wrote:
What the hell is Chav?

Saying you don't like Chavs is easy, I am looking for reason's you don't particularly like the chav culture and what you believe will replace the chav culture?
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:22:11 PM
What the hell is Chav?

Chav is young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of (real or imitation) designer clothes.

There is also a link if you need to know more.
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:32:05 PM
What the hell is Chav?

I am unfamiliar to the term Wigger but I understand it's a combination of the word white and another word.

What are the positives/Negatives of the Chav culture?
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 4:05:16 PM
At 8/4/2014 7:19:30 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
What the hell is Chav?

Saying you don't like Chavs is easy, I am looking for reason's you don't particularly like the chav culture and what you believe will replace the chav culture?
Chavs are very violent, rude, and have no respect for society... they wear clothes innapropriately. They should all wear ankle tags
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 4:44:15 AM
Hip hop culture is retarded. Why do people go out and emulate gang members and the lowest parts of society and then b!tch that people look down on them for it?

Sagging your pants- emulating a trend that started in prisons.

Sideways hats- style that began with gang members trying to differentiate themselves from other gangs.

Referring to themselves as gangstas.
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 3:10:02 PM
At 8/5/2014 4:05:16 PM, NiamC wrote:
At 8/4/2014 7:19:30 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
What the hell is Chav?

Chavs are very violent, rude, and have no respect for society... they wear clothes innapropriately. They should all wear ankle tags

Regardless of what they wear. The most concerning thing I find about the chav culture is certainly three of the point which you have mentioned which is certainly that they are violent, rude and unfortunately have no respect for society.

What do you believe will replace the Chav? Or what would you like to see replace the Chav? I am doubtful it will be any of the other lesser populated countercultures such as Goths or Emos.
thehumanistpreacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 4:26:58 PM
At 8/6/2014 4:44:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
Hip hop culture is retarded. Why do people go out and emulate gang members and the lowest parts of society and then b!tch that people look down on them for it?

Sagging your pants- emulating a trend that started in prisons.

Sideways hats- style that began with gang members trying to differentiate themselves from other gangs.

Referring to themselves as gangstas.

I absolutely agree of any social group, they are the worst. I am trying to find a counterbalance between positives and negatives about this culture but for every ten negative I can only find about one positive. I suppose there are a few half positives about the Hip Hop culture such as it can serve as an aspiration for those wanting to go into the rap music industry from lower class backgrounds but that's about it.

The noughties decade youth are encapsulated by the 'gangster lifestyle' brought upon partially by video games such as grand theft auto. The music industry can also find highlighting elements of influence with every other rapper presenting 'street credit' in the lyrics to be earned through illegal acts such as burglary, arson and joining gangs to be a part of a usual petite 'gang war'.

What do you believe will replace the Hip Hop or 'Wigger/chav' culture?

I have heard a possible evolution from the Hip Hop culture in todays youth coming from a type of self obsessed 'Towie'/ Geordie Shore' culture with a music taste closer to pop than rap. Basically an enactment of the 1980's counter culture.

Towie= The only way is Essex
Chav= Council house and violence

I know something will have to replace the 'Gangster wannabe' sphere of influence in our western culture. I am not sure what counterculture will come next but let's hope it is less regressive then this period of trending delinquency.