Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Real friends vs. fake friends

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 6:05:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
In the past, i had a bunch of people take me out of their life not knowing why. They came from people i thought cared for me including my own - Christians. I thought on it a lil bit and came to the conclusion that if they push a good friend away, they don't have good friends and are in reality just lonely people with problems who have trouble relating to others. That's what they all have in common, they're in cliques cuz it's expected of them, but they really won't help you out at all. Fake friends hang with you for a while, but real friends stick with you to the end. Thoughts?
ric_23
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:11:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Fake friends stay for a while, eventually they'll go, but you can lose real friends just as quick. For example, when one of you moves to another city/country, you stay in touch for a bit, maybe a couple of years, eventually you stop talking with each other, because you both made other friends.
Even when you both live in the same area... life changes, and most of us split ways. It doesnt mean they were fake or real, its just life.
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 9:37:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/20/2014 6:05:58 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Fake friends hang with you for a while, but real friends stick with you to the end. Thoughts?

I agree with this, except the fake friends part. You don't have fake friends, you have "simple" friends. Simple friends are temporary, and they only know your basic information. You like them and they like you back, but they aren't close to you and you aren't close to them. Fake friends are those who hang out with you just to use you. Use you for money, popularity, stuff, etc. Real friends are those who know you and stick with you to the end. They cry with you, they know your secrets, they help you with your problems, and they love you.

Real friends are hard to come by. You usually will find your true friends in your teenage years/high school. It took me two years in high school (sophomore) for me to find my true best friend.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 9:48:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/20/2014 7:11:48 PM, ric_23 wrote:
Fake friends stay for a while, eventually they'll go, but you can lose real friends just as quick. For example, when one of you moves to another city/country, you stay in touch for a bit, maybe a couple of years, eventually you stop talking with each other, because you both made other friends.
Even when you both live in the same area... life changes, and most of us split ways. It doesnt mean they were fake or real, its just life.

good point
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 9:51:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/21/2014 9:37:14 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/20/2014 6:05:58 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Fake friends hang with you for a while, but real friends stick with you to the end. Thoughts?

I agree with this, except the fake friends part. You don't have fake friends, you have "simple" friends. Simple friends are temporary, and they only know your basic information. You like them and they like you back, but they aren't close to you and you aren't close to them. Fake friends are those who hang out with you just to use you. Use you for money, popularity, stuff, etc. Real friends are those who know you and stick with you to the end. They cry with you, they know your secrets, they help you with your problems, and they love you.

Real friends are hard to come by. You usually will find your true friends in your teenage years/high school. It took me two years in high school (sophomore) for me to find my true best friend.

I agree, i hate it when people use me for popularity, money, benefits, etc. i try to open to everyone on a personal level and for some, i'm still working on "breaking the ice." The way i see it: fake friends hang with fake friends, real friends hang with real friends.
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 4:41:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't think friendship between two people necessarily mean they are obligated to help each other out or that they remain in social contact. Being someone's friend doesn't mean being their friend forever. Many of my best friends that have moved away are no longer my friends. Years of lost contact have made us strangers, acquaintances at best. I think all friends are real friends. Anything less are either acquaintances, strangers or enemies.
A person's relationship with another person is not static, as your post suggests. Relationships change. Friendships dissolve. I think that's what happened to yours.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 4:44:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/21/2014 6:34:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Now...if only there was a way to deal with all my fake enemies....

To have pushed your relationships so far as to deem yourselves enemies without actually being enemies, you must be well acquainted with each other.
You should admit that you're not really enemies and that you love each other very much!!
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.