Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Photoshop a biracial woman in 18 countries?

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:05:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Algeria, wtf?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:12:10 AM
At 9/12/2014 12:05:35 AM, thett3 wrote:
Algeria, wtf?

The guy was tripping balls when he did the editing.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:22:53 AM
It seems like most countries made her look more like themselves...there are exceptions, such as the first Macedonian picture, but I think it holds as a general observation.

In that sense, beauty is a very racist or ethnocentric concept. I personally don't agree with that, but it would be the takeaway that I can see from this.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:31:53 AM
Personally, I think most people are attracted to their own race (in that sense beauty is a bit racist) but that doesn't mean we're just attracted to our own race (in that sense it's egalitarian). I know there are some races I am just not attracted to, but that there are multiple others that I am.

Really, though, we should be careful in our society to try not to over-racialize beauty, because everyone and every race can be beautiful to someone. [https://www.youtube.com...]
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 1:22:59 AM
At 9/12/2014 12:31:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Personally, I think most people are attracted to their own race (in that sense beauty is a bit racist) but that doesn't mean we're just attracted to our own race (in that sense it's egalitarian). I know there are some races I am just not attracted to, but that there are multiple others that I am.

Really, though, we should be careful in our society to try not to over-racialize beauty, because everyone and every race can be beautiful to someone. [https://www.youtube.com...]

If you live in America "beauty" is already over-racialized.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 3:32:53 AM
I'm not sure if this is a good experiment. Much too dependent on the preferences of 1 random person from a specific country and generalized to the whole population.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:33:23 PM
At 9/12/2014 1:22:59 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/12/2014 12:31:53 AM, bsh1 wrote:

If you live in America "beauty" is already over-racialized.

Sad, isn't it?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 3:12:17 AM
At 9/12/2014 3:32:53 AM, Cermank wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a good experiment. Much too dependent on the preferences of 1 random person from a specific country and generalized to the whole population.

The Fool: Because it's not really an innocent experiment. Its Feminist propaganda and the idea they're trying to ingrain in is that women are victims. Everywhere. Again.

"variety of expectations that cultures around the world have for women, and how universally difficult it can be to fit in.

A.k.a.:We should feel ashamed to even have different "tastes" in this kind or that kind of woman. Because women feel they have to meet everybody's expectation.

If the results were that every country had the same kind of taste. It would be, Society puts too much pressure on expecting all woman to look the same. Shame on you.

It doesn't matter, what rearrangement it is. It's the same conclusion.

Against The Ideologist
Shame, shame, shame. It's so tough for women. Everything is so hard for them. And it's so easy for men. And its society fault. Shame, shame.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 5:28:21 PM
At 9/13/2014 4:44:16 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Fool, your mom ran out on you and your dad, didn't she?

The Fool: No the opposite. Why?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 5:29:56 PM
At 9/13/2014 5:28:21 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: No the opposite. Why?

I have a black dad remember.. LOL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 5:54:23 PM

The Fool: Do you not believe me that it is propaganda? The study doesn't even make sense. The resulting conclusion is not from the experiment. That was already planned before. They experiment was done so that they can make the article and complain. They didn't even use a male sketch so they can contrast the changes. If they did they would lose the case to shame us on how hard it is for woman.

Look, they intentionally sent pictures to Photoshop editors asking them to "change it" in a way they thought looked better. To only 1 random people in each country, perhaps more but discarded the ones with the least changes so to show the biggest difference.

And then complained about it being an expectation when its not even an expectation but a preference because we don't expect what already see. So the conclusion doesn't even make sense.

And it's was just used to complain.

"I am living in a culture that"s still adjusting to my kind of face," she explains. "I was taught that my natural self did not comply with conventional standards set forth by society, saying fairer skin is better, straighter hair is more attractive, and that skinny tastes good."

It's called a self-fulling prophesy.

I really trying to give people a feel of how extremely ingrained it is everywhere every day, every article. It just doesn't stop. It's a world wide mass mental conditioning. And it's absolutely intentional every step of the way.

We are having Ideology branded on our brains whether we like it or not. To see the world that way. I wish people would wake up. And say enough is enough. I just want to read the REAL news. Real event without trying to stuff crap into our heads. Just give me some truth man.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 6:09:43 PM
Well, now that I know what the thing was about, I'm lol'ing at the fact that I just opened the link and quickly scrolled through looking for the sexiest version. Otherwise....uh, well, being a woman must suck dude. Seriously. And that's their plight, so... My mom objectifies me like f*ck though, granted lol... I wanna do a study on that sh*t and write an article.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 6:37:17 PM
I just engaged at length with Fool via PM. I'm sorry I had to tell people that. I'm pretty sure that makes me unique on DDO, right? Am I right??
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:41:25 PM
Just give me some truth man.

Amen, fool, amen.

I'm Indian and I just saw the Indian photoshop and she looks but-ugly. #FAIL
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:49:13 PM

+1
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:51:38 PM
I still have no idea what this experiment is about to be honest. I have watched that Louis C.K. clip like 5 times now in this thread lol.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 8:30:31 PM
The Fool... i had a question, how do you deal with propoganda, or "good propoganda".

There's no way to refute a feel-good argument. But political correctness is the worst kind of smug tripe.

Its logical. Its correct. Its feel-good.. this article.

How do we get rid of rubbish like this in the news.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 8:32:52 PM
I, too, have a question, but it is more philosophical than political: What will happen if I ever meet someone like myself?