Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Gays vs. Lesbians

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
sdavio
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 10:32:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

Lol. Your views on gender are troubling, man.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
DebatorJack
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 10:38:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

I will have to agree with you when it comes to happiness. Gay guy couples are way more happy then lesbian couples. Why that's the case I have no idea
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 6:46:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:38:29 PM, DebatorJack wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

I will have to agree with you when it comes to happiness. Gay guy couples are way more happy then lesbian couples. Why that's the case I have no idea

There's a new antidepressant designed for lesbians. It's called Trycoxagain.
Otokage
Posts: 2,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 12:47:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

This may be due to lesbians facing even more social discrimination than gay guys. But I know some adorable happy lesbians, so not sure if your assumption is true lol
Zylorarchy
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 12:56:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 12:47:39 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

This may be due to lesbians facing even more social discrimination than gay guys. But I know some adorable happy lesbians, so not sure if your assumption is true lol

Really? I always assumed gays suffered more than lesbians... Indeed I have always perceived the image of homosexuality to be two males, as opposed to two females, and that is what (I think) most homophobes base their bigoted views on.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 6:50:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:32:31 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

Lol. Your views on gender are troubling, man.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.
Tsar of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:28:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Yeah.. There are lots of ugly women (inside and out), unfortunately.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:31:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:28:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Yeah.. There are lots of ugly women (inside and out), unfortunately.

That was totally not the point...
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:32:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:31:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:28:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Yeah.. There are lots of ugly women (inside and out), unfortunately.

That was totally not the point...

Why am I being interrogated? Yama did nothing! ... that you can prove.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:33:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:32:00 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:31:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:28:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Yeah.. There are lots of ugly women (inside and out), unfortunately.

That was totally not the point...

Why am I being interrogated? Yama did nothing! ... that you can prove.

You are probably the most eccentric member DDO has seen in recent memory...
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:33:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:33:02 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:32:00 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:31:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:28:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Yeah.. There are lots of ugly women (inside and out), unfortunately.

That was totally not the point...

Why am I being interrogated? Yama did nothing! ... that you can prove.

You are probably the most eccentric member DDO has seen in recent memory...

Dankeschon. You're fluffy!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:35:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 10:33:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:33:02 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:32:00 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:31:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:28:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/27/2014 10:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

Yeah... which would suck. Especially if they weren't attractive.
Yeah.. There are lots of ugly women (inside and out), unfortunately.

That was totally not the point...

Why am I being interrogated? Yama did nothing! ... that you can prove.

You are probably the most eccentric member DDO has seen in recent memory...

Dankeschon.

Bitte.

You're fluffy!

Naturlich.
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:23:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 7:48:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2014 12:09:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

YYW : : It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Socialpinko : Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

The Fool: I'm sorry, if your arguing that the difference lesbians life quality as appose to gay men is regards to being persecuted for being homosexual then you speak falsely. It's not even debatable that homosexual men throughout antiquity and still now take the "brunt" of the charge of homosexual hate.

E.g
The Bible and the Koran are very specific to male to male, and sodomy as the evil of homosexuality. The charge against lesbians is almost simply to avoid contradiction. And it is fair enough, as a nonreligious person to assume that the Bible's represent biases of the writers who were almost inevitably all male.

Homophobes, (if I may speak Politically incorrect,) relatively hardly mention lesbians at all. For we always hear that's "gay", which is often meant to be quite negative as opposed to simply flamboyant or effeminate. But you don't hear "that's lesbian."

How many women are called "fa-g-s"? And which homosexual slurs have a bigger sting behind them. Dyke?? More evidence of acceptance is that Lesbian pornography is considered straight pornography, but gay is a whole other category.

How many creepy Anti-homosexual commercials from the past consist of lesbians? Perhaps zero. Examples of Abuse against lesbians is simply highlighted more in movies and movements to capitalize on the fact that society is more sensitive to the abuse and suffering of women, not because they are suffering more. The history of actual violence against homosexuals is a landslide in comparison.

The OP simply an anecdote, not reality. The lifetime prevalence of suicide attempt is especially high in gay and bisexual men, as opposed to Lesbians.
http://www.biomedcentral.com...

In addition,woman and therefore Lesbians have much more social support and resources, whether from shelters to hotlines to counseling, to friends and family, to general compassion than their counterparts. Forget about the stress related lower life expectancy rates and the fact that suicide rates are higher and more successful in men in general..

Against The Ideologist

Must be because it's so easy, or that it's a false ideological theory.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 10:37:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 10:23:54 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

I agree. It's obviously more awesome to be a woman than a man. and therefore two women together is more awesome than two men together.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 2:46:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Garbanza: I agree. It's obviously more awesome to be a woman than a man. and therefore two women together is more awesome than two men together.

The Fool: That"s not my argument, but I apologize for not being clear. Perhaps this is better.

It's So Easy: Remastered((proof read and edited)

YYW : : It's a lot easier to be a man than a woman, despite what one recent feminist argued whose name escapes me at the moment.

Socialpinko: Basically take the restrictions placed on women as it is then add incursions for also not being attracted to men.

The Fool: I'm sorry, but if you're arguing that the differences in the life quality of lesbians as opposed to gay men is generally due to an injustice in persecution then you are seriously mistaken. The difference in degrees of harmfulness is not even debatable. Homosexual men throughout antiquity and still now, take the "brunt" of homosexual hatred.

Example from Antiquity:
The Bible and the Koran are specifically hostile to male on male coupling and sodomy as the great evil act. Like Feminist concern for Men's Rights, the charge against lesbians in society is after the fact, almost simply to avoid contradiction rather than out of genuine concern.

It is fair enough as a nonreligious person to assume that the Bible's represent biases of the writers who were almost inevitably all male. Therefore, when homosexual persecution was worse the "incursions for not also being attracted to men", (Socialpinko's bare assertion) would then generally have to be attributed to straight women. Very unlikely and insignificant, especially for those who will deny and limit the extent of women's positive influence on society in the past.

Argument from Terminology:
It is still evident today that anti-homosexuals say comparatively little in regards to lesbians. It's much more popular to use the term "gay" derogatively, as in that's" gay", as opposed to that's "lesbian".

Overall homosexual slurs in regards to men, as in the term "F-ag" as opposed to "Dyke" or other lesbian slanders have a more harmful and negatively stigmatizing sting.

But how could that be the case if it was not that society itself use the term and intentionally imply more hostility to gay men, then lesbians.

Argument from Sexuality:
More support for the greater acceptance of lesbians by heterosexuals is that lesbian pornography is considered straight, as opposed to gay pornography. This also contradicts the assumption that women are generally shamed for being attracted other women.

Argument from Propaganda:
Greater injustice to gay men as opposed to lesbians is further supported in anti-homosexual propaganda and commercials which specifically and in the past always and only focused on demonizing gay men as sociopathic, manipulative and creepy predators, who would trick much younger and na"ve boys often portrayed as under aged with the intention of garnering more reaction and hostility.

https://www.youtube.com...
Not only were children portrayed as victims of men by being forced or tricked into homosexual act, but by passing on what was thought to be the disease of homosexuality, and the original cause of AIDS. If we were to infer homosexual hate directly from anti-homosexual propaganda we wouldn't hardly know lesbians existed. I'm not talking about anti-gay marriage propaganda, I'm talking absolutely anti-homosexual altogether.

Examples of abuse against lesbians is simply highlighted more in movies and movements to capitalize on the fact that society is more sensitive to the abuse and suffering of women, not because they are suffering more. The history of actual violence against homosexuals is a landslide in comparison.

The OP, is anecdotal, not reality, and is even presented as such. But in the world, were everybody exist as well.

Argument from Suicide:
The lifetime prevalence of suicide attempt is especially high in gay and bisexual men, as opposed to Lesbians.
http://www.biomedcentral.com......

In addition, woman and therefore lesbians have much more social support and resources, whether from shelters to hotlines to counseling, to friends and family, including general compassion and sympathy.

Factual Conclusion:
All my "supporting evidence" and real-world FACTUAL examples suggest that the cause for the increase of suicide rates among homosexual males is specifically due to the harshness and uneasiness in their lives created by the different but more DIRECT pressure society puts on men as opposed to the more INDIRECT expectations on women. This is besides the fact that males generally as a sex, because of stress have lower life expectancy and higher suicide rates including attempts and successes.

It doesn't matter how much off-hand indirect multi-inference ladder theorizing or stacks of insignificant cumulative facts you have. At the end of the day these are the CRITICAL facts which correlate highest with the stress of life. Everything else is SPECULATION.

Against The Ideologist

I know it"s the minority view and it's not what we have been taught. And that's the whole point. I am flattered that my arguments are so strong that's one is forced to misinterpret, red herring, or use method to avoid direct contact with my arguments at hand. But let the lack of any kind of clear refutation to my arguments be further support.

1. If anybody disagrees with any of my claims please quote what you don"t agree with and explain WHY you think its not TRUE??

2. If you are of the minority who are not afraid to face the facts and also agree, please show your support by filling out this very brief petition for the UN to create a Mens and Boys for Equal Rights Bureau alongside the existing Woman's and Girls Bureau.

3. But if you don't agree and still believe in equality please do the same.
<(89)

Thank you, before hand, and anyway.

https://www.change.org...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 3:23:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've always seen the fact that lesbians get divorced at higher rates than gays basically demonstrates that women usually are the one's at fault for divcorce. Either that or lesbians are more messed up than straight women. Either way, I get to be offensive and politically correct.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:03:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It Ain't Easy
Part 2

At 9/29/2014 3:23:18 AM, darkkermit wrote:
I've always seen the fact that lesbians get divorced at higher rates than gays basically demonstrates that women usually are the one's at fault for divcorce. Either that or lesbians are more messed up than straight women. Either way, I get to be offensive and politically correct.

The Fool: I believe the female homosexual population consists of relatively more bisexual woman then the population of homosexual men. In other words, men are more likely to be strictly gay or strictly straight rather than bisexual when compared to women. These bisexual woman are more likely to switch back and forth between gender partners and overall gender preference, and so perhaps this is a stress factor on lesbian relationships that would be less prevalent in gay relationships.

Another way to look at it is that there should then be relatively more (lesbian-bisexual) and (bisexual-bisexual) than strictly (Lesbian-lesbian) couples in comparison to male homosexuals.

In addition, many bisexuals may enjoy occasional homosexual sex, but still generally desire a traditional family. These factors suggest a formula for more jealousy among strict lesbians as they generally have to compete more directly with heterosexual men for women and have the smallest exclusive pond to fish from. This may partially explain why domestic abuse amongst lesbians is at least just as high if not more as heterosexual couples. It's old news, even but the chances are you'll never hear that from a feminist.

I would further argue in a more thorough discussion that this, for the most part explains the motivation behind lesbian, separatist and rad-feminist ideology. Their extreme hatred and demonetization of heterosexual sex, and relationships. And why they're so obsessed with framing men as some un-reconcilable evil in society.

Tales from The Hill
The Fool: Don't get me wrong, I've hung out with some cool lesbians, particularly when I was younger, when there was no ideological motivation. In fact a particular lesbian that would hang out us guys, as a guy. And she had a bisexual girlfriend, who also had a boyfriend. And this was an open thing, were the guy didn't really consider it trespassing.

Every once in a while, her girlfriend and sometimes also her girlfriend boyfriend would hang out with us. The guy was kind of passive, perhaps typical Canadian man, a little more passive than myself not that I'm that aggressive. In fact in person, I would probably come across as softer than most to American's because of my Canadian upbringing. This of course does not come out on DDO, where I act a fool.
<(8D)

But I digress"

Anyways, her boyfriend seemed a little self-conscious, and he was generally a nice guy, average looks, who treated her well, but was nonetheless kind of in the feminine role. He was like the good guy who finished last. The bisexual girl was well, very pretty, and in the middle.

The lesbian, who we knew most directly definitely played the masculine, risk taker, attitude and arrogant bad boy role. You can tell that if she was to maybe grow her hair out, that she wouldn't be bad looking, but her demeanor and dress repelled any sense of male heterosexual attraction, at least for me.

The boyfriend"s demeanor seem to me generally na"ve, but easy going. However the lesbian was obsessively jealous and constantly belittling him or putting him down every opportunity she got. I'm sure he must have been jealous as well, but you didn't hear anything from him. The bisexual, was well, in the middle. She was the pretty princess, (and that's about all she had going for her), whose attention the others were generally competing for, but she was also the judge, and referee between the two, being pulled by good and evil.
Not trying to pin the lesbian as being the devil, but in this case she was getting into trouble, doing drugs, getting her girlfriend into drugs, had no job, no money, abusive to both her and her boyfriend. And the boyfriend, had a job, had the place where they would go back home together at night. Perhaps also car, and with somebody encouraging her to go to school.
I don't know if he had a car. I just thought that fit better.
<(89)

All in all I don't think the overall relationship was healthy, particularly for the lesbian and the boyfriend. But at the end of the night, the bisexual would go home with the boyfriend. They lived around the corner of my friends place, in a ghetto neighborhood, well as ghetto as it gets in Ottawa Canada anyways. If I remember correctly I think the lesbian was perhaps drifting from another city, with no real place to stay, and my friends two roommates who had a relatively large place at the time were letting her stay there. She was sincere and generally friendly with us, and trusted enough to not be considered in competition against us as men, but with us as allies. She knew a lot of girls, and so hooked us up with a lot of fresh, "well you know the deal".

But I"m sure, I would not be surprised to find her one day, skinny, strung up on coke/crack or to find out she died. She was living way too fast at the time. And that was a long time ago. I hope she's all right, but the chances are slim.

Against The Ideologist

I was lucky to get out of that life. But it ain't easy staying out.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
steellord
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:11:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Aren't all females usually unhappy?

But really, it just depends on how far one is able to separate one's happiness from how they are treated by others. It helps to find a community. Those are the ones you're most likely to hear from.

Those who've already offed themselves or live miserably in the closet, you wouldn't even know. I mean, only 10 years ago male couples were getting arrested still while lesbian couples were not. That's right, gay sex was illegal in several states only for males.

That reflects on a long tradition of most people being more intolerant towards gay guys. Why? Cause of the bro-douche macho mentality and cause "lesbians are hot." Guys are on average more homophobic, so it follows that most hostility is reserved for male homosexuals.
MsIndependent
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:17:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

Interesting.. I've always considered them all gay...
jk jk lol
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 1:34:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's Not so Easy
Part 1
http://www.debate.org...
Part 2
http://www.debate.org...

Part 3
Still Not Convinced? ------------------------------>
<(89)

Thought? Arguments?

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Redspectre
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 10:09:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You can't be happy sinning. Sure they look happy on the outside but its all just forced happiness and a front so people think that it is natural when in reality is they are hurting inside. They pretend to be happy and do all of this in order to get people to like them. Well its not working. Its just so obvious how much they fake their "sexuality"
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 10:18:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/3/2014 10:09:00 PM, Redspectre wrote:
You can't be happy sinning. Sure they look happy on the outside but its all just forced happiness and a front so people think that it is natural when in reality is they are hurting inside. They pretend to be happy and do all of this in order to get people to like them. Well its not working. Its just so obvious how much they fake their "sexuality"
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:53:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/3/2014 10:18:14 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/3/2014 10:09:00 PM, Redspectre wrote:
You can't be happy sinning. Sure they look happy on the outside but its all just forced happiness and a front so people think that it is natural when in reality is they are hurting inside. They pretend to be happy and do all of this in order to get people to like them. Well its not working. Its just so obvious how much they fake their "sexuality"



The Fool: Lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:49:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/3/2014 10:09:00 PM, Redspectre wrote:
Its just so obvious how much they fake their "sexuality"
Yeah, I know. It's been pretty obvious that you were into guys for quite a while now. ;)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 3:12:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 6:46:46 AM, apb4y wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:38:29 PM, DebatorJack wrote:
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

I will have to agree with you when it comes to happiness. Gay guy couples are way more happy then lesbian couples. Why that's the case I have no idea

There's a new antidepressant designed for lesbians. It's called Trycoxagain.

That's not offensively inane at all...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 5:54:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/24/2014 10:23:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Is it just me or do homosexual male couples seem like happier people than homosexual female couples? For whatever reason, the majority of dykes I've met have been marred by emotional tragedy and seem burdened with psychological weight. On the other hand, gay guys seem like they just got liberated and their life is one giant party.

"Dykes", hmm, such a lovely choice of language.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.