Jump to topic:

Self segrigation

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 11:31:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As an atheist agnostic or secularist would you be opposed to giving up say 4 or 5 states so that Christians could self segregate themselves from you? This way the atheists,agnostics and secularists would not have to listen to or have Christians be part of their society and Christians could be free from the govt and atheists, agnostics and secularists to live their lives according to gods word anywhere they want with in the agreed states. Clearly it is a waste of time to try and force Christians and atheists,agnostics and secularists to live together, there is nothing either side will compromise on so why force them to live to live together? All that is achieved by this cultural divisiveness.
This would allow for "do as the Romans do when in Rome." Each side respects the other when traveling, visiting or living in their respective states. You could still be an atheist agnostic or secularist in a christian state but would have to abide by their laws and culture and vise versa Secularists, agnostics and atheists get 45 states and Christians get 5 states. I think it would work and make the country stronger and more cohesive and respectful of one anothers cultures and way of life.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 12:03:46 AM
It's called Utah.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 2:04:55 AM
At 10/2/2014 12:03:46 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's called Utah.

That's Mormons, not necessarily Christians.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 8:58:37 AM
At 10/1/2014 11:31:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
As an atheist agnostic or secularist would you be opposed to giving up say 4 or 5 states so that Christians could self segregate themselves from you? This way the atheists,agnostics and secularists would not have to listen to or have Christians be part of their society and Christians could be free from the govt and atheists, agnostics and secularists to live their lives according to gods word anywhere they want with in the agreed states. Clearly it is a waste of time to try and force Christians and atheists,agnostics and secularists to live together, there is nothing either side will compromise on so why force them to live to live together? All that is achieved by this cultural divisiveness.
This would allow for "do as the Romans do when in Rome." Each side respects the other when traveling, visiting or living in their respective states. You could still be an atheist agnostic or secularist in a christian state but would have to abide by their laws and culture and vise versa Secularists, agnostics and atheists get 45 states and Christians get 5 states. I think it would work and make the country stronger and more cohesive and respectful of one anothers cultures and way of life.

No, because you only garner acceptance and assent from the original generation. Children being born into the situation, have no such choice and far less protection. There are multiple cases each year where intervention is necessary for child welfare in direct opposition of religious practices.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 9:06:28 AM
If Christians were capable of keeping their religion confined to their geo-political borders, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 9:45:32 AM
At 10/2/2014 9:06:28 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
If Christians were capable of keeping their religion confined to their geo-political borders, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

You can't separate faith from the persons thinking process. What you ask is impossible. Why would a person of faith oppose anything that a secular society opposes if not for the moral compass that comes with faith.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 9:46:16 AM
At 10/2/2014 12:11:22 AM, apb4y wrote:
Sounds great, but it would never happen. People on both sides of the fence would try to convert each other.

That is the whole point, freedom from that.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 9:47:28 AM
At 10/2/2014 12:03:46 AM, thett3 wrote:
It's called Utah.

No, Utah is not free from the forces of secularism. Not even by a long shot.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 9:48:54 AM
At 10/2/2014 8:58:37 AM, Puck wrote:

No, because you only garner acceptance and assent from the original generation. Children being born into the situation, have no such choice and far less protection. There are multiple cases each year where intervention is necessary for child welfare in direct opposition of religious practices.

Children are subject to the parents rules regardless. They can leave or stay when they turn 18

TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 9:49:18 AM
At 10/2/2014 9:45:32 AM, sadolite wrote:

You can't separate faith from the persons thinking process. What you ask is impossible.

This is what *you're* asking. You're asking if confining Christians to their own geo-political area is going to resolve anything and the answer is no, because Christians can't mind their own fvcking business and want to impose their way of life and system of beliefs on the rest of the world.

Why would a person of faith oppose anything that a secular society opposes if not for the moral compass that comes with faith.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 10:47:17 AM

This is ridiculous. More segregation? Its a breeding ground for condescension and superior mindsets.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 1:52:54 PM
At 10/2/2014 9:49:18 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

You can't separate faith from the persons thinking process. What you ask is impossible.

This is what *you're* asking. You're asking if confining Christians to their own geo-political area is going to resolve anything and the answer is no, because Christians can't mind their own fvcking business and want to impose their way of life and system of beliefs on the rest of the world.

Why would a person of faith oppose anything that a secular society opposes if not for the moral compass that comes with faith.

Oh you mean like secularism doesn't impose it's moral compass on everyone even to the point of telling another person they can take their moral compass and shove it up their azz.

TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 1:55:52 PM
At 10/2/2014 1:52:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/2/2014 9:49:18 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Oh you mean like secularism doesn't impose it's moral compass on everyone even to the point of telling another person they can take their moral compass and shove it up their azz.

No, it doesn't. Secularism doesn't include any moral compass to impose.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 2:14:07 PM

More like 5 states set aside for atheists, if they even represent 10% of the population.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 3:45:10 PM
At 10/2/2014 2:14:07 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

More like 5 states set aside for atheists, if they even represent 10% of the population.

I want to give them 45 so there can be no complaining whatsoever about getting a raw deal on their part. They can even choose which states Christians get.

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 5:49:18 PM

Well, I'm, on principle (the socio-ethical principle of being opposed to divisiveness, that is) and as a rule, not in favor of the idea of segregation as a solution for social problems; and I certainly wouldn't be in favor of consigning a portion of the population to the fate of living under repression. And let's be forthcoming, shall we, what you're really suggesting involves turning fundamentalists and Christo-fascists loose to be repressive to their heart's content within the borders of their own states. No, I'm very much opposed to such an idea.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 8:54:04 AM
At 10/2/2014 5:49:18 PM, charleslb wrote:

Well, I'm, on principle (the socio-ethical principle of being opposed to divisiveness, that is) and as a rule, not in favor of the idea of segregation as a solution for social problems; and I certainly wouldn't be in favor of consigning a portion of the population to the fate of living under repression. And let's be forthcoming, shall we, what you're really suggesting involves turning fundamentalists and Christo-fascists loose to be repressive to their heart's content within the borders of their own states. No, I'm very much opposed to such an idea.

"consigning a portion of the population to the fate of living under repression." It would be voluntary. Christians have 5 states to choose from secularists have 45. Kids live under the oppression of their parents no matter where they live. So children are a moot point. They can leave when they are of legal age if they don't like where they live. They do that anyway no matter where they live.

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 2:49:40 PM
At 10/3/2014 8:54:04 AM, sadolite wrote:

"consigning a portion of the population to the fate of living under repression." It would be voluntary.

And you don't think that a great many of those who made the choice to take up residence in one of your repressive Christian republics, who voluntarily forfeited their civil liberties would eventually come to regret it, would tire of living under the rule of Christian ayatollahs and mullahs?

Christians have 5 states to choose from secularists have 45. Kids live under the oppression of their parents no matter where they live.

Lol! So in your view the lot of children in Nazi Germany forced to participate in the Hitler Youth was no different or worse than that of children in Canada or Scotland?

So children are a moot point. They can leave when they are of legal age if they don't like where they live. They do that anyway no matter where they live.

You make leaving one's family behind and emigrating sound rather easy.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 4:04:25 PM
At 10/3/2014 2:49:40 PM, charleslb wrote:

"consigning a portion of the population to the fate of living under repression." It would be voluntary.

And you don't think that a great many of those who made the choice to take up residence in one of your repressive Christian republics, who voluntarily forfeited their civil liberties would eventually come to regret it, would tire of living under the rule of Christian ayatollahs and mullahs?

Christians have 5 states to choose from secularists have 45. Kids live under the oppression of their parents no matter where they live.

Lol! So in your view the lot of children in Nazi Germany forced to participate in the Hitler Youth was no different or worse than that of children in Canada or Scotland?

So children are a moot point. They can leave when they are of legal age if they don't like where they live. They do that anyway no matter where they live.

Well like you and your communist plan, lets just try it and see what happens.

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 5:37:48 PM
At 10/3/2014 4:04:25 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is really the best, snappiest comeback that you could come up with?!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 6:17:06 PM
At 10/3/2014 5:37:48 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 10/3/2014 4:04:25 PM, sadolite wrote:

This is really the best, snappiest comeback that you could come up with?!

Ya charles that's all I got. Sorry it didn't do anything for ya. But if it works for you then it should work for me.